‘Old Man Yells At Cloud’ Thread - your anger/frustrations with the modern world

Started by AustinPowers, April 22, 2023, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Don't think  we have a thread  like this , so thought I'd start one

So, what things make you  angry or frustrated  with the modern world?.  Those trivial  everyday matters that  drive you mad . Things you would  want changing or removed , but knowing  it's very unlikely that will happen.

Let's have it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Oooh. Im liking this. Ive nothing to add just now but expect ill be a frequent visitor

Itchy

I need my own thread

People who do not know how to use roundabouts, especially people who drive up to them and stop and wait until they can see no car approaching for a mile in either direction

thewobbler

Parents complaining about how spoiled their children are.

The absence of middle ground when judging a sporting performance. The scale is world class to dogshit with nothing in between.

Saffrongael

People driving and scrolling/looking at their phone. In my research it's predominantly females
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Champion The Wonder Horse

People who don't know that you can add formulas to cells in spreadsheets.

pbat

Big queues at security at the airport and people get to the desk and are told you've to take all liquids and electronic's out of bags. The stare blankly "oh really" proceed to open every pocket in there bags to take stuff out taking 15 mins. After that they try to proceed through the scanner with there belt on and stilettos or DM boots only to be sent back again taking another 10 mins to get organised.

Feck me its only been the rules since 2001.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pbat on April 22, 2023, 12:08:31 PM
Big queues at security at the airport and people get to the desk and are told you've to take all liquids and electronic's out of bags. The stare blankly "oh really" proceed to open every pocket in there bags to take stuff out taking 15 mins. After that they try to proceed through the scanner with there belt on and stilettos or DM boots only to be sent back again taking another 10 mins to get organised.

Feck me its only been the rules since 2001.

It's simple, security needs to send them to back of the queue, by then they'll be able to think about how stupid they are!

I've seen this a number of times as frequent flyer years ago with work, labelling a country is not racist but the Israel's, mainly full on Jews are the worst for this behaviour ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

The security thing will be more mixed up because some airports have hi-tech machines so you don't need all this and other airports do not. In Ireland, Shannon is now easier than Dublin.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Speaking of airports, flight attendants from hot countries turning the temperature in the plane up to 25 Degrees.

RedHand88

The way people think they are hard done by in 2023 when there has never been a better time to be alive in human history. Life has never been as easy or as comfortable as it is now. People who say they have no money to get healthy food then walk past the cheap fruit&vegetables in favour of multipacks of Tayto.

The way people take a radical stance on something and will only accept their own point of view. Anything else is fascism, communism etc.

People who are staring at their phone whilst driving. They are everywhere.

I agree on the airport security thing. Back of the queue for them and they won't be holding people up the second time. Can I also add people who applaud the pilot for landing?

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2023, 03:06:27 PM
Speaking of airports, flight attendants from hot countries turning the temperature in the plane up to 25 Degrees.

This practice applies to women in general.
Any public space should be on the cool side, you put on a jumper but you cannot cool yourself down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AustinPowers

Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2023, 11:07:48 AM
I need my own thread

People who do not know how to use roundabouts, especially people who drive up to them and stop and wait until they can see no car approaching for a mile in either direction

I've seen me at  mini roundabouts  and it's either  a free for all ,  with everyone going at once... or    all 4 cars sitting waiting like a  standoff in a western film.  If i  find myself in this situation,  I end up  humming the  theme from the good the bad and the ugly.  Not sure when I started  doing this , but it's just one of those  automatic things I  end  up doing while in that situation

Dougal Maguire

The speed camera van parked at places where there is no record of accidents but there's a good chance of making a few quid
Careful now

RedHand88

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 22, 2023, 04:38:35 PM
The speed camera van parked at places where there is no record of accidents but there's a good chance of making a few quid

Should we be allowed to speed in places where there hasn't been an accident?
Suppose you think they spend the money on their Christmas parties?  ::)