£12,000 payout if someone was killed in the troubles ???????

Started by orangeman, January 23, 2009, 04:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 02:28:03 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 24, 2009, 02:23:25 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 24, 2009, 02:12:01 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 02:05:59 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2009, 07:28:27 PM
Do you think the gangsters that were killed on both sides are deserving of a payout too Pat ?

No i dont..read my post..SOME "innocent" people lost their lives..Including my uncle and these people deserve the money...
You could never have it that who you view as innocent gets the money.

Well any one who is not a member of any organisation then..Including RUC UDR ETC there was too much collusion involved in the troubles plus they have been paid handsomely already compared to the "innocent victim"
Then what about people who were injured? There's never going to be a clear cut answer.

I dont think throwing money at the problem is going to help and I acctually think it would insult a lot of people who are searching for years for the truth on their loved one's death, in fact it makes me angry that they think money will make it all go away, it won't.

It may help families who are struggling financially but if as some one said it comes at the price of justice i do agree with you ...keep the money but what i'm saying is some families could do with it and do deserve it..
It should be up to the individuals in question to decide if they want to accept the money. Many cases are cut and dried and the truth is already established so I'm sure many families could do with the leg up. However I'd rather the money was put into education or health.

The Watcher Pat

There are families out there where the main "bread" winner has been killed unjustly and have had to struggle through...and some people who have really bad depressive illness from their fathers being murdered and never really had the chance to get themselves a proper education...Give it to education if you want it may help their children then but i think it should be given to the people who deserve it to try and make their lives a bit easier..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 03:45:44 PM
There are families out there where the main "bread" winner has been killed unjustly and have had to struggle through...and some people who have really bad depressive illness from their fathers being murdered and never really had the chance to get themselves a proper education...Give it to education if you want it may help their children then but i think it should be given to the people who deserve it to try and make their lives a bit easier..
Pat, the problem in northern ireland is that everyone is encouraged to believe they are a victim as there is a trough of money out there to take advantage of. If, and only if, this payment goes ahead then I or very few other people would begrudge families of innocent victims getting the cash. The problem is that as everyone has bought into victimhood and therefore families of terrorists feel they are victims of "society" or "circumstance". As it said on the front of a paper the money is for families of butcher, bomber, victim.

The Watcher Pat

As I've already said I dont agree with everyone getting it but I personally know a young lad whos father was shot....and he was involved in nothing...Now this young lad has been diagnosed with paranoid dillusions and cant get himself a proper education over this....Does he deserve a helping hand out?

Maguire01

Can you prove that the two are linked? Maybe this guy would have had mental health issues even if his father had never been killed.

This whole thing also begs the question, what about those who have been badly injured? Would they not deserve money as much, if not more than the families of those who have died?
Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that the whole thing is a joke.

The Watcher Pat

Well he was 2 when his father was shot so who knows!! Never knew his dad at all...Maybe his mum got some money then but as far as i'm concerned he deserves to get some....If only to pay for his treatment or make a better life for himself..

Maguire01

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 06:33:01 PM
Well he was 2 when his father was shot so who knows!! Never knew his dad at all...Maybe his mum got some money then but as far as I'm concerned he deserves to get some....If only to pay for his treatment or make a better life for himself..
Well he deserves to get treatment on the NHS, but it does not entitle him to this £12k!
If this was a case deserving of £12k, what about a family where the father or mother was killed in a car accident?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 24, 2009, 06:37:02 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 24, 2009, 06:33:01 PM
Well he was 2 when his father was shot so who knows!! Never knew his dad at all...Maybe his mum got some money then but as far as I'm concerned he deserves to get some....If only to pay for his treatment or make a better life for himself..
Well he deserves to get treatment on the NHS, but it does not entitle him to this £12k!
If this was a case deserving of £12k, what about a family where the father or mother was killed in a car accident?

You can go on and give examples all day...as far as i'm concerned(and i will not change my mind on this) he is one who deserves this money.....

Tony Baloney

Disgraceful. I always had Jarlath Burns down as a decent man with a good head on his shoulders. How he can put his name to this garbage is beyond me.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 24, 2009, 11:17:41 PM
Disgraceful. I always had Jarlath Burns down as a decent man with a good head on his shoulders. How he can put his name to this garbage is beyond me.
Well take it from me he is a decent man, a gent, just because you dont agree with this doesnt mean he's not. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 24, 2009, 11:30:19 PM
Well take it from me he is a decent man, a gent, just because you dont agree with this doesnt mean he's not. 
I agree pints but I'm suprised.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 24, 2009, 11:35:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 24, 2009, 11:30:19 PM
I agree pints but I'm suprised.
Im surprised you are "suprised" Tony
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

i'm very confused as to why killers should get money for killing people (rightly or wrongly depending on your views)