I'm not stealin ziggy's thunder but "I predict a riot!" Mark II

Started by brokencrossbar1, December 10, 2010, 10:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1210/ireland_england.html

QuoteRepublic could play England in the Aviva

The FAI are reportedly in talks with the English Football Association to secure a friendly international between the Republic of Ireland and England at the Aviva Stadium next summer.

The game, if confirmed, will take place on Wednesday 8 June and will be the first senior international between the two countries since the Landsdowne Road encounter of 1995 - a game which was famously abandoned due to rioting from a section of England supporters.

It is reported that the game could be worth an estimated €4m in value to the FAI.

England had initially planned to play a match planned against Thailand on 8 June, but that has fallen through, and it's reported the FAI are now negotiating to fill the date - which would give a huge financial boost to the Irish association.

When ziggy had put his thread up I actually thought he was referring ito this!  There would be some fun if the Ing-er-land "fans" ripped the new Aviva to bits!  "cap in hand Mr Delaney returns to CP and is told be Cooney to sling your fecking hook!"

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 10, 2010, 10:24:28 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1210/ireland_england.html

QuoteRepublic could play England in the Aviva

The FAI are reportedly in talks with the English Football Association to secure a friendly international between the Republic of Ireland and England at the Aviva Stadium next summer.

The game, if confirmed, will take place on Wednesday 8 June and will be the first senior international between the two countries since the Landsdowne Road encounter of 1995 - a game which was famously abandoned due to rioting from a section of England supporters.

It is reported that the game could be worth an estimated €4m in value to the FAI.

England had initially planned to play a match planned against Thailand on 8 June, but that has fallen through, and it's reported the FAI are now negotiating to fill the date - which would give a huge financial boost to the Irish association.

When ziggy had put his thread up I actually thought he was referring ito this!  There would be some fun if the Ing-er-land "fans" ripped the new Aviva to bits!  "cap in hand Mr Delaney returns to CP and is told be Cooney to sling your fecking hook!"

He wouldnt tell him to sling his hook, he would simply double the rates.  That how business works when you come crawling back  ;D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

crossdoesitbest

Jaysus, i would'nt mind being a steward at that game, i'd do it for free just to get dishing out some of the punishment the Guards gave them the last day!!!!

Banana Man

Quote from: crossdoesitbest on December 10, 2010, 12:27:25 PM
Jaysus, i would'nt mind being a steward at that game, i'd do it for free just to get dishing out some of the punishment the Guards gave them the last day!!!!

:D

What way do the stewards operate for FAI is it the same basis as GAA?

DuffleKing

Is this replacing the "should have been" thailand game for england?