All Ireland U20 2019

Started by omagh_gael, July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebackbar1

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 10:27:06 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 27, 2019, 10:08:53 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 27, 2019, 10:03:10 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:34:07 PM
Joyce taking a lad off after 6 mins was way harsh. Ridiculous to be honest.

Not a great Dublin team, but some strong players. The lad who got man of the match was clearly a lovely lad (judging by the interview) but IMO he won't play senior for the Dubs. His midfield partner probably will. The bould Blaithin Ni Chofaigh's son.

Archer's a class act, as is one of the other corner forwards. Although not sure either have the outright pace that the current Dubs have. Half backs handy enough. Half forwards are more runners than footballers, and I didn't fancy them as future seniors. But silly to judge just on one game.

Archer played soccer for a lot of his youth, so never had the benefit of a GDO. Didn't start with the Dublin minors. Not that any of the other lads got any GDO benefit anyway, given the GDOs aren't let near the elite players.

These f*cking GDOs are stealing a living by the sounds of it  ;D

Hahaha sure they only help out with the third teams
Don't go near the third teams! Or any other adult teams.

You really are clueless as to what they do.

Of course there are the odd exception, but the vast majority of GDOs would not be in the top 10 in terms of ranking of coaches at a club. They look after the toddlers and aren't involved in any teams.

The GDOs are young people who by and large have no experience of coaching , but who have gone through the GAA training to get their qualifications to get this low paid job.  They get a 'teach by numbers' guide from the GAA and they follow that to teach the babies and to give parents coaching drills that they can use for the teams the parents train. You'll find a direct correlation between successful underage teams who have managers who played at a decent adult level, and didn't go near a GDO for a train the trainer type course.

The weaker you are as a young player, the more likely you are to have direct interaction with a GDO.
The 50% funding of a GDO allows Dublin clubs to spend money on other coaching initiatives where urban clubs outside of Dublin must 100% fund their GDO before they can fund other coaching initiatives. Its not Dublins fault but why can't every large club have access to 50% funding for a GDO?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 28, 2019, 12:20:42 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on July 28, 2019, 12:09:34 PM
What channel is this on lads?
There's a good answer on the Tg4 thread , re smart tvs etc

The U20 game cannot be viewed in the wee six. Confirmed.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dire Ear

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 28, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Watching it now Norf on Firestick on tv , minors leading 6-3 htime

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 28, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Tg4 fella saying on twitter that it will be available on the tg4 website, just not on Youtube. But i don't think this was the case yesterday for the Dublin Galway game

passedit

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 03:18:54 PM
The minor game is working fine on YouTube.
No issues with minor games yesterday either. U20 not available as it's a rights issue.
Don't Panic

PMG1

Is the TG4 website down, I can't seem to load it

qz

TF15

Sure the wee six don't matter anyway. Absolute joke.

omagh_gael

f**k it anyway. What the hell is wrong woth their website?!!

Dire Ear

inroundthesquare

Shouldn't have been advertising it if their website was not going to cope

blewuporstuffed

Cant find it on either the tg4 app or youtube
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Cunny Funt

I guess i'm not the only one that can't get the TG4 website to open for the Tyrone v Cork semi final, why don't or didn't they stream it onto youtube?

omagh_gael

Sounds like a class match too!!!