Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

All blabber go  to a county convention if you want change other than that ideas are a waste of time

High Fielder

If change is to happen in this county, my change, Robbos change, Speculative Efforts change, whoever, it's far away from those dingy corridors where it will happen. The CBs stranglehold on this county is to the detriment of our wellbeing. Those who haven't got a vested interest know that

SpeculativeEffort

Robbo in fairness I agree with a lot of what you say also. I just think that only certain generations in some clubs are capable of playing senior by themselves. When they are not capable as a unit then they can play as part of an area team. When they strong again they will be promoted and compete at senior again. Yes area teams will raise the bar and make it more difficult for small clubs to be senior but surely that's the point. Every clubs ambition should be to be running at as close to potential as possible. Then if that lands them in senior, intermediate or junior then so be it. If a club (same as a player) is genuinely managing to run close to potential and this is the lens that they view the club through then we would be doing very well. In that situation being intermediate might hold value. At the minute the badge of senior is almost worthless. The currency is destroyed. You suggest clubs might take the handy way out and let stronger lads on to play with area team. If that is the attitude of clubs in this system then their attitude wont be any better in a different system.

I think we both agree that the most important element of raising standards is to have each club well organised and progressive. I would cut the clubs in senior championship also but add area teams. Its easy to say this and it might even be approved at some stage but there needs to be a system put in place for them to survive and thrive. Without a system and building the system it would die within years and never be considered again. Attitudes need to change.

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: High Fielder on August 25, 2022, 02:03:45 PM
If change is to happen in this county, my change, Robbos change, Speculative Efforts change, whoever, it's far away from those dingy corridors where it will happen. The CBs stranglehold on this county is to the detriment of our wellbeing. Those who haven't got a vested interest know that
change will happen on teh internet. sure. go away out of that will you. and anyone using david clifford for an argument fails to take into acocunt that clifford is the exception to every footballing rule. he is a freak who would make it no matter where you landed him. fair play to port for getting their house in order. o dempseys too are doing it, so are josephs, and ballyroan. some lads always wanna run others down. if it wasnt for the internet theyd be in a pub somewhere shouting and bawling. safer theyre in here.

High Fielder

Still trolling I see. Pathetic. DM me if you have an issue. Otherwise quit your trolling. Change is badly needed in this county, just like it was in Offaly. Our CB continue to mess up everything associated with Laois GAA. For all I know you could be one of them. You certainly carry on like you have an interest in keeping the status quo

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on August 25, 2022, 02:03:45 PM

Christ where does one start with this

Here's the reality the County Board controls and implements the running of Gaelic games within the county

If you want to make a change,you can come up with and get a motion passed by your club and then have it voted on by county convention at the end of the year

Are you suggesting a peoples liberation front of Laois county board  to effect change ?

Laughable if you are

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on August 25, 2022, 05:59:27 PM
Still trolling I see. Pathetic. DM me if you have an issue. Otherwise quit your trolling. Change is badly needed in this county, just like it was in Offaly. Our CB continue to mess up everything associated with Laois GAA. For all I know you could be one of them. You certainly carry on like you have an interest in keeping the status quo

Are you a club member?

If so,put your name forward at your Agm to become county board delegate and effect change from within

Attacking lads on the internet is not the way to achieve your aims

Laois man

High Fielder

I wouldn't be the person to tell you that Laois man. The hurling thread seemed to imply it was Ryan O'Dwyer.

town1980

What has any of this got to do with our club championship

From the Terrace

This is the senior football championship thread?

Tintin84

Just an idea and let me know what everyone thinks, If the county board implements something like this next year 2023 Championship I think the senior championship needs more than 8 teams, so how about the 4 teams that lose the first two games are relegated down to senior B (Intermediate) harsh I know but every game would be fair competitive next year if we are to get the number of teams down I think its the only way that way you'll have far more competitive championships.

Senior Championship 2024

Senior 12 teams: 2 x Groups of 6
The top 1 of each group goes to semi-final
Teams in 3rd and 4th each groups play the quarter-final against other groups 3rd and 4th
Teams 5th and 6th Relegation semi-final against 5th and 6th in other group

With one team relegated.

Now I haven't gone into detail about senior B and Intermediate just trying to think of shaking it up, Because no matter what we say there is no way the county board are going down the amalgamation route.

Would this work or are there faults??

As I said its just an idea so no having a go.

Ballybrittas Boy

There are some really obvious looking potential amalgamations out there. It would be great to see one of them doing what Rathdowney Errill or Colt Shanahoe did.

You have Stradbally Timahoe and Annanough, Courtwood and Emo, Ballylinan and the 2 Arles clubs, Mountmellick, Kilcavan and The Rock, Killeshin and Crettyard.

Tintin84

Very true Ballybrittas Boy, If you remember the u21 championships years ago was mostly amalgamations teams, The Rock, Rosenallis, Mountmellick, Clonaslee, and Kilcavan they won an u21A title, I think if they tried it out with a u21 Championship style and see how that went would be great to see.

Could you imagine if Clonaslee, Rosenallis Ballyfin joined up for senior football would or could they challenge the top teams.

Saying that I think the Borris Kilcotton amalgamation is coming to an end by all accounts just word on the grape vine.

Pugwash

Quote from: Tintin84 on August 26, 2022, 10:36:58 AM
Very true Ballybrittas Boy, If you remember the u21 championships years ago was mostly amalgamations teams, The Rock, Rosenallis, Mountmellick, Clonaslee, and Kilcavan they won an u21A title, I think if they tried it out with a u21 Championship style and see how that went would be great to see.

Could you imagine if Clonaslee, Rosenallis Ballyfin joined up for senior football would or could they challenge the top teams.

Saying that I think the Borris Kilcotton amalgamation is coming to an end by all accounts just word on the grape vine.

Personally speaking, I would be against seeing 4 or 5 clubs join together to create an amalgamated side especially if a couple of teams are already operating at senior level.

In an ideal world you would cap it at 3 clubs maximum per amalgamation.

This in turn would then allow a number of clubs to have a healthy number of players on each panel thus benefiting everybody.