Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

O Dempsey are so open in this first half of the 4 qualifiers BAbbey are the best of them they are a well drilled side ballyfinnare know pushovers but they had no answer at all for them ,,courtwood very lucky to win today also but they won't win a quarter I don't think

Helix.

Stradbally letting me down in predictions over the weekend. Good to see a new face among quarter finalists. Courtwood finding enough to get over the line vs Rosenallis and O'Dempseys eventually pulling away from Park Ratheniska.

Draws for quarter finals:

Ballyroan Abbey vs Portarlington
Clonaslee St Manmans vs Portlaoise
Graiguecullen vs Courtwood
O'Dempseys vs St Joseph's

Probably close to top 8 teams left in it. Expect wins for Portarlington, Portlaoise, Graiguecullen and I think O'Dempseys will beat Joseph's. Will have few more back the next day.

Killeshin vs Ballylinan relegation could go either way. Hard to call.

Laoiseabu

I'm predicting Portlaoise and Graiguecullen to win comfortably the next day . I think Port will edge Ballyroan and Joseph's will edge ODempseys

Robbo

Hard draw for courtwood, think graigue will win that with a bit too spare.
Port and ballyroan will be interesting. Ballyroan better than I thought but port will be a real test.
I think clojnslee will be delited to avoid graigue and port. They'll resist a shot at portlaoise. Might come up a little short but they'll give them plenty of it.

Joseph's and o dempsys best pick of the quarters I think. Hard to call

The PRO

First game today was OK. Enjoyable enough. Courtwood were slightly the better team for me. Just about deserved it but will have to be an awful lot better to have any chance v Graiguecullen.
Park gave it a right go in the second game but their inexperience cost them. Still they can be proud of their year. O'Dempseys pulled away well but wouldn't be happy with the first 40 minutes or so.
Didn't see last night's games. Fair play to Clonaslee. They have reinvented themselves big time as a good footballing side with none of the shite that they used to go on with. They are likely to stay senior for a long time now.

Laoiseabu

Portarlington and ODempseys players not being allowed go to the Electric Picnic . It will be interesting to see if the other 6 quarter finalists will take the same stance

Tintin84

Not a hope of O'Dempseys making semi final just dont have it, if it was Port or Portlaoise they played today game would of been over before half time,  ODempseys well out of top 4 margin of been top 8.

O'Dempseys definitely under achieving  Kearns doing f**k all with them, bringing Port to s point is on the CV already

town1980

Tintin you seem a lil jealous too much talk about o Dempsey I sense your a club man.?  Maybe step up and stop whinging and back your manager,,ballayabbey the best of the 4 gone through for me it's an open championship

Laoiseabu

Quote from: town1980 on August 21, 2022, 10:38:59 PM
Tintin you seem a lil jealous too much talk about o Dempsey I sense your a club man.?  Maybe step up and stop whinging and back your manager,,ballayabbey the best of the 4 gone through for me it's an open championship

He could be a Ballyroan man who isn't too fond of his own clubman Kearns either .

The Saint

The championship starts from here, knockout football from here on. Predicting Graigue to have it very handy over Courtwoof +6 pts, Portlaoise to win it comfortably vs CSM +8pts, Port to get the job done vs Ballyroan... ballyroan very very defensive and might be better served by being more attack minded with the talent that's available. O Dempsey's favourites vs St Josephs on the back of a brilliant losing performance vs Port... and giving them the label if dark horse to win the championship this year.

Silkyskillssunshinee

I fancy BA to turn over Port. I don't think they're operating at the same level as last few years. Ballyroan disposed of a decent Ballyfin team very nicely, impressed with them.

town1980

Bally abbey v defensive but kicked 4-13 so you know your football 🤦‍♂️😂so I predict a massive battle and agree o Dempsey a dark horse bad today but joes are not good in my opinion ,,the town are well in it and graigue to win easy

Laoiseabu

I agree that Port are not operating at the same level as previous years ( at least not yet anyway ) . They also had an atrocious league by their standards. If Port play the way they played against ODempseys then Ballyroan have a seriously good chance of toppling them in my opinion . Port have been a bit understrength and do have a couple of lads to come back though . Sean Byrne and R Pigott still have to come back and D Bennett , J Moore and D Murphy only came on very late against ODempseys . They are 5 big additions . ODempseys may be in a slightly false position only losing to them by a point .

The Saint

Quote from: town1980 on August 21, 2022, 11:34:42 PM
Bally abbey v defensive but kicked 4-13 so you know your football 🤦‍♂️😂so I predict a massive battle and agree o Dempsey a dark horse bad today but joes are not good in my opinion ,,the town are well in it and graigue to win easy

Ballyroan 3pts from play vs Josephs if I remember correctly, with a very defensive setup, as Josephs had also. Not exactly Harlem globetrotters stuff was it??? But that's just my opinion.