Time of the games on Saturday in Croker

Started by Unlaoised, March 27, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

I Know they wouldn't have been expecting a big crowd and they don't really care about these matches but how on earth can they justify putting the Laois v Carlow game on at 3pm

I know Carlow are going mad about it its terrible and even 5pm for Armagh v fermanagh do they not want supporters of these four counties to be in croker or what.

Very disappointing

Not that it will bother me I happen to be in Dublin Friday night ...Yehaaaaa ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

Farrandeelin

Maybe it's giving people time to go to Mass afterwards.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 27, 2018, 09:52:16 AM
I Know they wouldn't have been expecting a big crowd and they don't really care about these matches but how on earth can they justify putting the Laois v Carlow game on at 3pm

I know Carlow are going mad about it its terrible and even 5pm for Armagh v fermanagh do they not want supporters of these four counties to be in croker or what.

Very disappointing

I assume it's so they can be shown live on TG4, as the Tipp-Limerick hurling semi is on after that at 7.

Rossfan

Does it really matter to Laois when or indeed where the game is on?
None of them will go to it anyway as per usual.
Nice to see Carlow getting to a National Final in HQ.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Owenmoresider on March 27, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

Very disappointing

I assume it's so they can be shown live on TG4, as the Tipp-Limerick hurling semi is on after that at 7.

When are Leinster playing Saracens?

Dinny Breen

Why hold this in Croke Park, if there is more that 15k at the double header I will be shocked!

Probably 10K for any one game at most over the day, that will leave a horrible atmosphere and a guaranteed pair of flat dull games. Carlow v Laois should have been played in Newbridge, a shithole yes but more than big enough to host the crowd, tight and a nice pitch and a much better atmosphere.

Common sense should prevail.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 27, 2018, 11:15:32 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on March 27, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

Very disappointing

When are Leinster playing Saracens?

Sunday Aviva 3 30pm. Wonder will it hit the Division 1 final, expecting 50K at it, 500 Saracen supporters only.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2018, 11:19:31 AM
Why hold this in Croke Park, if there is more that 15k at the double header I will be shocked!

Probably 10K for any one game at most over the day, that will leave a horrible atmosphere and a guaranteed pair of flat dull games. Carlow v Laois should have been played in Newbridge, a shithole yes but more than big enough to host the crowd, tight and a nice pitch and a much better atmosphere.

Common sense should prevail.

Welcome to the GAA, Dinny.
How may I help you?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

National Finals should be in HQ.

Or do some of ye want it to be used for rubby and stick Carlow into one of the 3 worst County Grounds in the Country.
Disappointed in you Dinny :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

Or do some of ye want it to be used for rubby and stick Carlow into one of the 3 worst County Grounds in the Country.

I get the whole arguement about playing it in CP but it does nothing, zero to promote the game. Since you bizarrely brought rugby into it, the same day Thomand Park is sold out, 27k Munster fans which game will have the better atmosphere and better optics and therefore better promotion.
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

Fermanagh and Armagh might bring a decent crowd.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 27, 2018, 12:11:49 PM
Fermanagh and Armagh might bring a decent crowd.

I have no doubt they will but even if even the games get 20K, it still less than a 1/4 full stadium. Not to mention Dublin on a Saturday stress over traffic and parking....
#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

The Armagh Fermanagh match should be in clones or breffni and the Carlow Laois game should be in Tullamore. This nonsense of ' finals should be in CP' is ridiculous. The atmosphere at the games if they were in either of these locations would be much better. You'd have 12-15000 at both games as more people would travel and the GAA would be giving back to the provincial associations. I agree the other two finals should be in Croke Park solely on the basis that it will have a good crowd!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

I get the whole arguement about playing it in CP but it does nothing, zero to promote the game. Since you bizarrely brought rugby into it, the same day Thomand Park is sold out, 27k Munster fans which game will have the better atmosphere and better optics and therefore better promotion.

The GAA is a sporting organisation. Commercial and business concerns should never be the main drivers of our focus. Pro sports have to put those things first as they have many mouths to feed. We in the GAA need to focus on the sport, the games themselves and league finals should be in Croke Park. When Sligo won a league final there a while back it mattered not one shite to us that the ground wasn't full.

Personally I'd love to play a game on that pitch even if it was only watched by seagulls.