Peter Creedon new Laois manager

Started by Unlaoised, September 27, 2016, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Its a kind of Left field appointment but he certainly has got some good men in with him in Mickey Mcgeehan ..Also Tommy Toomey who guided Tipp u21 s to the All Ireland Final last year and was selector with the Tipp Senior footballers this year has been named along with Michael O'Loughlin who was with Cork u21 s this year.

Its rumoured he would have been appointed months ago but for the fact he wouldn't work without Toomey who Tipp were very keen to keep a hold of...

Surprised Tipp let him go....
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly

Very surprised Tipp let Tommy go. He eats, sleeps and drinks Tipp football. I'm not happy with this at all.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 27, 2016, 02:44:53 PM
Very surprised Tipp let Tommy go. He eats, sleeps and drinks Tipp football. I'm not happy with this at all.

Yeah, surprised Twomey was let go and decided to go, from Tipp. I do believe however that Kearns is about to add significantly to the coaching ticket for next year...

As for Creedon going to Laois, bit unexpected, hard bunch to deal with I'd say the Laois boys. Maybe he'll get them rowing in same direction, but wouldn't be surprised if it was a struggle for him. By the way, don't know where the info about Mick O'Loughlin from Cork being a selector comes from, but it's a bizarre one if true. He's a Cork Co Board lackey, nothing more.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

gammysolo

Good appointment. will bring a bit of stability to Laois football. Does Wooly approve of appointment?  ;D

Unlaoised

Quote from: gammysolo on September 28, 2016, 09:00:37 AM
Good appointment. will bring a bit of stability to Laois football. Does Wooly approve of appointment?  ;D

Yes wolly has given it the thumbs up .....
LAOIS ABÚ

twohands!!!

Quote from: Unlaoised on September 28, 2016, 10:31:55 AM
Quote from: gammysolo on September 28, 2016, 09:00:37 AM

Yes wolly has given it the thumbs up .....

Thumbs up from wally = kiss of death imo.

Unlaoised

Wooly called it right about Lillis in the long run last year despite going the wrong way about it!
LAOIS ABÚ

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

It should be an appointment that sends them in the right direction but there is a serious shortage of quality footballers available to them. In recent years they generally have 10 or 11 decent players who don't look out of place in Division 1 football but there is then a drop off in quality with some passengers carried. The age profile is not fantastic either with a lot of key players hitting the wrong side of 30, while there is not a huge amount coming through to replace them.
I don't think expectations will be too high however, get out of a tricky division 3 and avoid embarrassment in the Championship would probably be the height of them.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on October 04, 2016, 06:24:23 PM
It should be an appointment that sends them in the right direction but there is a serious shortage of quality footballers available to them. In recent years they generally have 10 or 11 decent players who don't look out of place in Division 1 football but there is then a drop off in quality with some passengers carried. The age profile is not fantastic either with a lot of key players hitting the wrong side of 30, while there is not a huge amount coming through to replace them.
I don't think expectations will be too high however, get out of a tricky division 3 and avoid embarrassment in the Championship would probably be the height of them.

Probably fair comment but there is a few right good players in Laois and if he can get all the players back and the Portlaoise lads to row in then Laois could be an outside bet for a last 8 place this year!!
LAOIS ABÚ