Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Quote from: SCFC on September 25, 2015, 10:41:01 PM
Horrible display by The Heath tonight. Can't understand how they can prioritise possibly winning a Junior A title over bringing on a few subs who might dig them out of the hole they were in early in the second half.

Well done Arles, brilliant stuff from Ross, Davy Conway, Meaney in patches and a great young corner back Ciaran Lawlor.
Due respects to you SCFC but the Heath could have brought on who they liked and they wouldnt have beaten Arles last night.....Some display from all of them to be fair. Their was no one fit to mark Ross or Davey and Brendan when he came on. Podge turned back the years marking a lad twice as tall as him. Heads down now for the Emo game and they could make the final. Great prospect of Arles :) and Kileen ;D in a final if they can overcome a flying Portlaoise 

SCFC

You're right, it probably would have made no difference but I thought it showed a lack of ambition on the part of The Heath. They should have taken off 4/5 lads but wouldn't do it to keep the junior team intact.

Hospital Pass

Id agree with you SCFC. The difference between the 2 teams last night was the management. Glen Ryan got his match ups right and used his bench well when lads where flagging. On the other hand the Heath wasted more ball kicking it into the big Fitzgerald fella and never brought off players who were struggling.
Munnelly and David Conway were given too much space. They were both excellent.
Young Lawlor at 4 for Kilcruise had a powerful game alright. His point was pure determination.
I would expect Kilcruise to make the final now but the other semi will provide this years championship winners.

Heshs Umpire

Great display by Arles the other night.
They keep pulling out big performances like this year in year out.
Ross was just superb. Davy Conway not far behind.
The Heath just had a nightmare second half. Agree with previous posters, they really needed fresh legs in a few positions and obviously were keeping them back for the JFC final next Friday.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

Great result for Arles and it's some achievement to be in yet another county semi final. They will relish the chance to get to another county final and who would back against them. Emo will be confident after the draw too and they did look impressive in the Q/F albeit against a clueless Josephs team.

If Killeen could manage a shock in the other semi final I would be confident that Arles would beat them in a final were that to be the pairing.

If Arles could win a county title there is no-one who could say they don't deserve it as they have been the second best team in Laois over the past 6 or 7 years and without the all conquering Portlaoise team they would  have another county title by now.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The Monument Road

Quote from: redsetanta on September 28, 2015, 11:33:13 AM
Great result for Arles and it's some achievement to be in yet another county semi final. They will relish the chance to get to another county final and who would back against them. Emo will be confident after the draw too and they did look impressive in the Q/F albeit against a clueless Josephs team.

If Killeen could manage a shock in the other semi final I would be confident that Arles would beat them in a final were that to be the pairing.

If Arles could win a county title there is no-one who could say they don't deserve it as they have been the second best team in Laois over the past 6 or 7 years and without the all conquering Portlaoise team they would  have another county title by now.
Fully agree with your sentiments redsetanta. And to think this time last year Arles were in the pot for relegation and only for the famous c**k-up could have been relegated. Would love to see a final between Arles & Kileen....thier would be some jostling for flag pole positions 8) ;D. Buntings would be intermingled, Sunday mass would be all ticket....will it happen??

Tony

Great to see Ross back playing very well, he was the difference in open play. I wonder if he's doing a bit of speed work.

Unlaoised

Arles killcruise should be congratulated they are a credit to themselves

Special mention to Ballyfin it was a great game of football
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoischat

Going back to Portlaoise's display last week, their determination throughout was completely admirable, thye never took their foot off the gas. Each sub they brought on added something to an already strong team. Attacking movement was exemplary and Killeen will need to be at the top of their game to get the W on this one.

But would anyone agree that if Killeen are to beat Portloaie it will be in a semi final?

Unlaoised

Killeen will test The Town for sure but the benches will be the difference!

I hear Zac will be there if needed surely worth 3 points alone!

Town by 6

emo will give Arles a hard game and if they can get a goal or two I think they could come very close

Kilcruise by two
LAOIS ABÚ

portlaoisekid

Zach will not be playing Sunday from what I hear....

Helix

Little bit of topic but great to see Donie Kingston getting an All Star nomination this morning despite the poor year we had. Hopefully he'll one in the not too distant future.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Helix on October 01, 2015, 11:16:12 AM
Little bit of topic but great to see Donie Kingston getting an All Star nomination this morning despite the poor year we had. Hopefully he'll one in the not too distant future.
Delighted he got some recognition on a national stage, he is a top player and Laois would be in severe trouble without him.

As for Sundays two matches , I expect to extremely tight matches.

With Emo vs Arles-Kilcruise  I expect Kilcruise to win by a couple of points, they know how to win and have some fine players.If there was any team I would like to see win the county title if my own club didnt it would be Kilcruise without doubt. As a club they are a credit to themselves.

As for Portlaoise vs Arles-Killeen . Arles-  Kileen seem to be flying and will without doubt be fancying their chances against Portlaoise on Sunday and rightfully so. Its very hard to know where Portlaoise are at, physically they are in amazing shape but they haven't been tested yet and haven't come out of first gear and that certainly wont be good enough on Sunday.  By all accounts the new management team of Portlaoise have shaken things up significantly and have put it up to players who were perceived to be in a comfort zone, which is great to hear and I see a strong performance from a number of lads on sunday. Portlaoise by 2 points

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Just to clarify what the above comments are about...
I take it the early start is to allow people to see the Rugby world cup game at 16.45 - Ireland  vs Italy

O'Moore Park
04-10-2015

13:30
Arles Kilcruise v  Emo            Ref: David Moore 

15:00
Arles/Killeen vs  Portlaoise     Ref: Eddie Kinsella 
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Big shock that O'Dempseys were relegated. Not the fact that Ballylinan beat them, just that a team that would have aspirations towards the latter end of the championship finds themselves relegated.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi