The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: J70 on May 27, 2018, 11:44:42 AM
No problems personally with the idea of losing to Real, but the manner of the defeat will take a while for them to get over. Wouldn't wish what happened to Karius on any person on any team. Maybe Ramos's thuggery right before the first had something to do with it, maybe it was nerves. Hopefully for the lad he can recover from it - I can only imagine what he is going through after making those mistakes in that stage, no doubt with all his family there to watch with pride as he played on the biggest stage in club football.

Chickens came home to roost with the squad, which has been threatening for a while. Once Salah went off, the game changed completely, with no replacement even close to his level available. Hopefully the owners will keep building out the squad to give them a decent chance of making it back to the latter stages on a regular basis and even putting in a serious challenge to City. I don't give a f**k what the village idiots of the gaa board say, sympathy for Karius on a personal level aside, I think this has been an excellent season for Liverpool, with Klopp building an exciting team while making serious progress on the challenging front. Liverpool are in a good spot for the future.

Yeah agree with all that
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

You would like to think the club and fans will rally round Karius the same way as they did with Suarez.

laoislad

No problems personally with the idea of losing to Real, but the manner of the defeat will take a while for them to get over. Wouldn't wish what happened to Karius on any person on any team. Maybe Ramos's thuggery right before the first had something to do with it, maybe it was nerves. Hopefully for the lad he can recover from it - I can only imagine what he is going through after making those mistakes in that stage, no doubt with all his family there to watch with pride as he played on the biggest stage in club football.

Chickens came home to roost with the squad, which has been threatening for a while. Once Salah went off, the game changed completely, with no replacement even close to his level available. Hopefully the owners will keep building out the squad to give them a decent chance of making it back to the latter stages on a regular basis and even putting in a serious challenge to City. I don't give a f**k what the village idiots of the gaa board say, sympathy for Karius on a personal level aside, I think this has been an excellent season for Liverpool, with Klopp building an exciting team while making serious progress on the challenging front. Liverpool are in a good spot for the future.
+1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2018, 12:02:42 PM
You would like to think the club and fans will rally round Karius the same way as they did with Suarez.

Rally around yes, but they probably need to upgrade. Can you rely on Karius in high pressure situations? Can they afford to take the chance that he will get stronger? He was poor enough against Roma as well.

Captain Obvious

Ever since hammering moneybags Manchester City it was Champions league title to lose for Liverpool. They got ideal opposition in the final in Real Madrid who aren't in the form of recent years and was lucky to reach this years final and where their main player wasn't match fit. Liverpool did lose the title however and that was mainly down to goal keeper errors some of the worse errors ever seen in a major final and while Sane really took the fight to Madrid I think if Salah was on the field for 90 minutes he would have scored a goal or two against that ropey Real Madrid defence.

Hard to know when Liverpool will reach another Champions league final again or get a opportunity to win it as good as that again however they certainly provided plenty of entertainment on route to this final.  Klopp with a few signings in the summer probably needs to take the form from this cup competition and bring it into the League and challenge the two Manchester clubs for the title next season he has won league titles in German and is well capable of doing the same in England.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on May 27, 2018, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2018, 12:02:42 PM

Rally around yes, but they probably need to upgrade. Can you rely on Karius in high pressure situations? Can they afford to take the chance that he will get stronger? He was poor enough against Roma as well.
Let's face it, we all knew Karius was capable of this sort of stuff but I don't think anyone expected 2 clangers in one match. Klopp hasn't dealt with what we all know is a weak link.

manfromdelmonte

Clearly Salah was at it too
A one man team.
Real won easily, despite Ronaldo being muck

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2018, 11:50:49 AM

Yeah agree with all that
Yeah well summed up
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J70

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 27, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

Clearly Salah was at it too
A one man team.
Real won easily, despite Ronaldo being muck

Nothing clear about that photo at all. Salah was on the way to ground. Where would YOUR arm be in that instance if Ramos had hold of it?

Milltown Row2

He could have fallen a thousand different ways and it would have been a different outcome! Up to that point I though he was we'll marshalled.. had  Alexander's effort went in then who knows! I fancied Liverpool but they went missing bar Mane  and Lovern who was excellent..

As for The banter that's all it is, chill out take it on the chin and don't bite! It would be exactly the same either way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

Liverpool's season has been rock and roll entertainment.....United's more like Leonard Cohen😜

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 27, 2018, 12:41:37 PM
A one man team.

That's one thing Liverpool have in Common with Manchester United - (DeGea)!

quit yo jibbajabba

Delmontes everton. A no-man team  ;D

Over the Bar

Death threats from fans and his team shun him virtually to a man?  You'll never walk alone eh?
https://twitter.com/_dantheman10/status/1000650888644526080?s=19

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 27, 2018, 07:44:24 PM
Death threats from fans and his team shun him virtually to a man?  You'll never walk alone eh?
https://twitter.com/_dantheman10/status/1000650888644526080?s=19

LOL @ the excuses below the tweet.  "Karius asked the players to leave him on his own so he could accept responsibility to the fans...."  The DUP press office could give apologists like that in a job...;D ::)