Sunday Life article

Started by Therealdonald, March 09, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jinxy on March 13, 2018, 10:01:40 AM
GAA star attacked elderly man with walking stick after row at chip shop

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/gaa-star-attacked-elderly-man-with-walking-stick-after-row-at-chip-shop-1.3424262

Never heard of this chap, but the article says he plays for Tyrone.

He played a bit of underage and may have been on the odd McKenna cup panel but that's about it.

Tyrone Gaa

Wouldn't be from Pomeroy, this lad is from the Kildress club which is a neighbour of Pomeroy.  Heard about the vegas issue reported above but this new story is news to me, didn't read the Sunday Life story
Living the dream!!!

Jinxy

Is it the same fella in all these stories?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

Same name, so I'd say yes.. he's never to far away from getting mixed up with the police.. Someone should tell him to stay off the drink, he'd have an easier life by the looks of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrone Gaa

Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

dont think you's are correct i heard a different name of a Pomeroy player involving Columbia's finest white stuff...seemingly not many surprised!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigtogs on March 13, 2018, 12:02:47 PM
dont think you's are correct i heard a different name of a Pomeroy player involving Columbia's finest white stuff...seemingly not many surprised!!!

The stories posted in the links to Irish Times and Belfast Telegraph both name Dean McNally of Kildress.  This is the same boy. Fairly talented defender probably played his best football for UUJ in the Sigerson and did represent Tyrone.

I haven't seen the Sunday Life article and not sure who that refers to.

Belfast Telegraph cover the story of a fella having to flea in today's edition, more likely to be what the Sunday Life article refers to and this is a different fella from Pomeroy, young lad only 20.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/gaa-player-flees-northern-ireland-after-dissident-death-threat-36690698.html
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 13, 2018, 12:18:50 PM

The stories posted in the links to Irish Times and Belfast Telegraph both name Dean McNally of Kildress.  This is the same boy. Fairly talented defender probably played his best football for UUJ in the Sigerson and did represent Tyrone.

Belfast Telegraph cover the story of a fella having to flea in today's edition, more likely to be what the Sunday Life article refers to and this is a different fella from Pomeroy, young lad only 20.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/gaa-player-flees-northern-ireland-after-dissident-death-threat-36690698.html

Pomeroy lad Aidan Woods - Not sure why people won't name him when naming Dean McNally?

Terrible situation for the family involved.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: WT4E on March 13, 2018, 01:35:08 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 13, 2018, 12:18:50 PM

Pomeroy lad Aidan Woods - Not sure why people won't name him when naming Dean McNally?

Terrible situation for the family involved.

This Dean McNally fella should stay off the beer. Getting himself in awful handlins.

Jinxy

Pomeroy sounds like the wild west.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Jinxy on March 13, 2018, 04:21:02 PM
Pomeroy sounds like the wild west.

As a previous poster advised, Dean McNally is not from Pomeroy. He would have been born and raised in kildress, a neighbouring parish of Pomeroy and plays club football for them. I believe his mother now lives in Pomeroy hence the address in the newspaper article.

Jinxy

Fair enough.
The general Pomeroy/Kildress area sounds like the wild west.

Jinxy

GAA player falsely accused of rape pleads with gang to lift death threat

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gaa-player-falsely-accused-of-rape-pleads-with-gang-to-lift-death-threat-36700452.html

He's been named now by the family anyway in an attempt to sort this all out.
This relates to the original post in this thread, FYI.