The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Hunting

I thought Kuyt's goal was offside too but whenever I saw a replay i was happy he was onside. In that picture AZ the ball still has a bit to travel before it gets flicked on, I think Kuyt manages to get level.

But yes, it's as irrelevant now as Donegal's square ball yesterday!

AZOffaly

That's after the flick Will. (After the Liverpool player flicks it anyway).

supersarsfields

Rumour mill well and truelly started. I see football 365 are linking Rafa with the French boyo Malouda for £10M.

The Independent also reckons that Liverpool are interested in signing Florent Malouda - without quite going as far to state that the Reds will definitely bid for the France international. Instead, the player 'has emerged as a test of Liverpool's transfer resolve this summer with Rafael Benitez hoping to beat a host of leading European clubs to the £10m-rated Lyon midfielder'.

Rafa has publicly called on the club to get their act together in the transfer market and a move for the in-demand Malouda, who is believed to want to leave the French champs, 'would represent a statement of intent from the Americans - far more effectively than their public assurances have done - if they can conclude a deal in the face of intense competition for the Lyon winger.'

Also Liverpool have bought two young Hungarian kids at 17 and 18.

AZOffaly

Another Midfielder??? WTF? Is Rafa trying to build Hadrian's Wall across the middle of Anfield or what?

supersarsfields

Yeah I know. If the Americans want to make a statement of intent they would be far better of going for Eto or Tevez or a good out and out striker.
I also see Carra and Stevie Gerrard are putting pressure on Rafa to look into signing Mickey Owen again!! I hope to god Rafa tells them were to go.
On the subject of Malouda I was impressed with him in the WC last year. Looked very sharp. But the fact that he is coming from the French league would scream alarm bells at me. Once bitten twice shy!!

mooncatiii

to be honest the ball has travelled a fair bit in the first 1 and even if he was on it still hit  his hand and in th second clip there it looks level!  i wonder could u get a picture of the handball?!  either way liverpool came closer to winning it than united did!  at least we went down with a bit of pride by arguably out playing milan for most of the game but united got humiliated by milan!
shazam

AZOffaly

Mooncatiii,

I'm a Liverpool fan of more than 25 years (about 28 actually), so I am in no way running them down. I agree they played well in the game, but there's no point making crazy statements about the goals, as that just weakens the case. Milan's first goal came off Inzaghi's upper arm, no doubt, but his arm was tight to his side, he didn't lift his arm up to deflect the ball or anything. But it could have harshly been called handball. It was never in a million years offside.

As for Liverpool's goal, if that looks onside to you, well then I obviously won't be able to persuade you with words. In my view Kuyt was a good yard off side.

Anyway, forget last week, next season is what's important now.

mooncatiii

understand the owen arguments but end of the day he walked frm liverpool and i know many greats left and came back and where equally as good but i just think has gone through too much!  his best attibute was his pace which after a cruciate injury cannot be the same!  and then there is the fact he is injury prone, id take him but at no more than 6r7 million!  id prefer eto'o r tevez! and i wudn go near david villa dnt rate him at all he wont score 20-25 prem goals a year which is what we need!
shazam

supersarsfields

Naw I wouldn't be interested in Owen either unless it was cut price.
I reckon you could get Tevez for a similar price as MO and I know who i'd prefer.
Course Eto'o would be my choice but the money will prob be crazy.

AZOffaly

Of course it's no good getting a top striker without giving him the ammo as well, so I think we need quality out wide as well, especially on the left. I know there were a good few chances missed during the season, but we didn't create a whole lot either. Andy Cole missed a scatter of chances for Man Utd over the years, way more in proportion than Owen or Fowler or even Kuyt would have done, but Man U were so good going forward that they created hundreds of chances for him, so he still ended with 20 goals a season.

full back

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 29, 2007, 12:11:41 PM
Of course it's no good getting a top striker without giving him the ammo as well, so I think we need quality out wide as well, especially on the left. I know there were a good few chances missed during the season, but we didn't create a whole lot either. Andy Cole missed a scatter of chances for Man Utd over the years, way more in proportion than Owen or Fowler or even Kuyt would have done, but Man U were so good going forward that they created hundreds of chances for him, so he still ended with 20 goals a season.

Correct AZ, at one stage Andy Cole was converting about 1 of every 6 half chances/chances that were created for him. What the scousers need are wide players & a top striker. Would still not be totally convinced about Pennant either. Just because he has a few decent games at the end of the season I still dont think he is good enough if the pool are to challenge for honours

mooncatiii

agree about a left winger id go for joaquin frm betis he is unreal! on the right i think he'll stick with pennant was our best player in th final and has really come into his own the last few months, next year could be his season to really shine.

another player we're linked with is alves, what u think of him AZ? personally i think i would lace finnans boots!  i think we're left winger and a prolific goalscorer and maybe a few cover players of a premiership winning side!
shazam

corn02

Joaquin plays for Valencia and has had a pretty terrible season to be fair.

ExiledGael

Joaquin has been in great form this past month/six weeks, but you've got him wrong.
He's an out and out right winger!

Syd

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 30, 2007, 09:21:48 AM
Sami Hyypia insists he has no plans to leave Liverpool despite speculation linking him with a summer move. 
And the Finnish defender says he has been assured of his future at the club by boss Rafa Benitez.

"Rafa said, 'We are happy with you and you are not for sale.' I will go back to Liverpool in July for pre-season training," said Hyypia.

"Next season will be my ninth in Liverpool and I still have one year left on my current contract."

Hyypia is currently back in his homeland preparing for Euro 2008 qualifiers against Serbia and Belgium. 

I think big Sami is staying for the green, a move to Fulham broke down over his wage demands i think.