The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:45:10 PMIt is a discussion thread, I can not see how anybody could be annoyed be our discussion.

Jesus, slight overreaction there.

Two of our biggest matches of the season are coming up and the last 3 pages have been about songs that may or may not have been sung at matches in the past

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2009, 03:54:10 PMWhat odds on fatty Mido coming off the bench to score a late equaliser for Wigan?

That'd kill me - there's an Egyptian fella at work who is always banging on about Mido and Zaki - if either of them scored tonight  >:(

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2009, 03:54:10 PM

Simply put, Man Utd have asshole fans who sing asshole songs, ditto Liverpool. 

But that is pretty much what was agreed on by myself and our United compatriot, but, if it annoyed, i'll not mention it from no on lads. Apolgoies if it did annoy anyone.

Wigan, and especially Wigan under Bruce, will be a nightmare. Our away form is better, we get to play a more expansive wing game and I if Kuyt is not playing the lone striker role, I wouldn't mind going with Reira and Yossi tonight.

As usual a quick start is key, A blitz like the Newcastle game and we could win handy. 0-0 fter 70 minutes and Wigan will nick it.

anportmorforjfc

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 28, 2009, 03:55:25 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:45:10 PMIt is a discussion thread, I can not see how anybody could be annoyed be our discussion.

Jesus, slight overreaction there.

Two of our biggest matches of the season are coming up and the last 3 pages have been about songs that may or may not have been sung at matches in the past

Oh that's right. The Liverpool thread is just about matches. In the summer the thread should be closed down because we won;t be playing matches.

But, as I said, if it annoyed you, apologies.

corn02

corn02

oK to keep Hurl happy.  :P

Very little talk of Torres' flick the other night. Mirror described it as one of the freat FA Cup moments. It was pure magic.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 28, 2009, 03:58:00 PM
didn't zaki score twice at anfield?

that he did - but the Zaki of that time is not the same Zaki as we are seeing now

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:59:55 PM

Very little talk of Torres' flick the other night. Mirror described it as one of the freat FA Cup moments. It was pure magic.

No harm done corn  ;) - like I said - it just  all that craic bores the hole of me. You are actually one of the better posters in this thread

The Real Laoislad

Yeah but Wigan aren't the same team now either,From what I remember they were struggling back then when the came to Anfield and Liverpool struggled to beat them then..
Wigan are flying at the moment,I wouldn't be to optimistic about tonight to be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

QuoteoK to keep Hurl happy.  

It reminded me of Canavan's pass to Stevie O'Neill in the game v Dublin in 2005 and just like that piece of skill will not be remembered as well due to lack of finish applied.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 28, 2009, 04:06:07 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:59:55 PM

No harm done corn  ;) - like I said - it just  all that craic bores the hole of me. You are actually one of the better posters in this thread

Over the Bar

QuoteWigan are flying at the moment,I wouldn't be to optimistic about tonight to be honest

Wigan have just sold their 2 of their main threats in Palacios and Heskey so there's never a better time to play them

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 28, 2009, 04:07:15 PM
It reminded me of Canavan's pass to Stevie O'Neill in the game v Dublin in 2005 and just like that piece of skill will not be remembered as well due to lack of finish applied.

Jaysus OTB - I was just watching that match last night  :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Wigan are flying at the minute - but they have lost 3 games at home this season and are prone to letting the goals in there.

Liverpool have been perfect against them at their ground since they were promoted, winning 3 from 3 and conceding zero goals

Team for tonight

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Skrtel Dossena

Kuyt Alonso Mascherano Riera

Gerrard

Torres