The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteAs for Liverpool signing him the consensus seems to be Benitez had nothing to do with signing him, he was Rick Parrys "baby".

The same story came out when Shevchenko lost form at Chelsea about him not being Mourhino's signing.  Hard to believe on both counts.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 27, 2009, 01:31:07 PM
QuoteAs for Liverpool signing him the consensus seems to be Benitez had nothing to do with signing him, he was Rick Parrys "baby".

The same story came out when Shevchenko lost form at Chelsea about him not being Mourhino's signing.  Hard to believe on both counts.

I could easily see both being true.

Certainly Shevchenko was only bought because he was good mates with Abramovich. Mourinho probably didn't object but I doubt it was his idea.

As for Keane the way things are run at Liverpool at present it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Maiden1

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 27, 2009, 01:32:11 PM

I could easily see both being true.

Certainly Shevchenko was only bought because he was good mates with Abramovich. Mourinho probably didn't object but I doubt it was his idea.

As for Keane the way things are run at Liverpool at present it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Madness to sign a player over the managers head, makes sense why he won't sign a new contract until he gets more control over transfers.  What does Rick Parry know about football anyhow.  The Keane signing doesn't make sense, paying 20 million for a player that in 3-4 years is probably only going to be worth a couple of million.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Minder

You dont honestly think Shevchenko was Mourinhos signing do you?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

I don't believe for one second that Keane was not a Benitez signing.
Benitez simply wouldnt stand for it, and Liverpool wouldnt spend £20m on a player the manager didnt ask for.

The Chelsea/Shevchenko situation was totally different.

anportmorforjfc

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez insists he has not suffered a falling out with Robbie Keane following the striker's Merseyside derby FA Cup snub.

Main Street

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2009, 11:44:59 AM
I read on another forum that Keane was told not to turn up on Sunday after he exchanged words with Benitez after the drawn league game on Monday night. Could be horses*it but it all sounds ominous for Keane...........

Keane while not being the brightest spark in the football world is not the type to forsake his sense of professional duty.

If there was some sort of row, I doubt that Keane is not man enough to rectify his part in any innappropriate conduct.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on January 27, 2009, 01:43:47 PM
I don't believe for one second that Keane was not a Benitez signing.
Benitez simply wouldnt stand for it, and Liverpool wouldnt spend £20m on a player the manager didnt ask for.

The Chelsea/Shevchenko situation was totally different.

Correct. Jesus agreeing withHound on here, I feel dizzy.
There may be some truth in it, and it may have been Parry. But he would have had to of got the ok from Rafa somewhere along the line.

BTW, i still think it could work out well.

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez insists he has not suffered a falling out with Robbie Keane following the striker's Merseyside derby snub.

The £20million Republic of Ireland international has flopped since moving to Anfield from Tottenham in the summer and rumour has been rife that Benitez is ready to sell.

Keane's Liverpool career plunged to a new low on Sunday as he was left out of Benitez's squad for the 1-1 FA Cup draw with neighbours Everton, sparking speculation that the pair have suffered a difference of opinion.

But with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp - an open admirer of Keane - waiting in the wings, Benitez has included the forward in his plans for Wednesday's Premier League trip to Wigan.

And the Spaniard has rubbished reports of a bust-up with Keane, telling Sky Sports News when asked about a possible row: "No. He is in the squad and training well.

"He is in the squad for tomorrow and I would be very pleased if he scored.

"People are talking too much about Keane. It was just one decision about one player, he wasn't in the squad.

"It is nothing to do with whether he talked to me about the situation. Every player has trained very hard this week, as has Robbie, and he will be in the squad.

"He had a day off on Sunday. He trained on Monday and he trained normally today.

"Everyone is now important for us. We have a lot of games to play in the coming weeks, in the league, cup and Europe.

"When Fernando Torres was injured, Robbie was working hard and doing well. If he can continue to do this we will not have any doubts over his quality."

Benitez, though, did not confirm or deny whether Liverpool have been approached by another club regarding Keane's future.

When asked about possible enquiries from a rival side, Benitez added: "We are just thinking about using him tomorrow and nothing else."

Benitez recognises Keane's omission will cause controversy due to his 'high-profile', but he insists that is on a par to whenever Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson opts to shuffle his pack.

"He is expensive and high profile, yes. But Manchester United have bought plenty of players who cost £20m or more every single year. Sometimes more than one player. But nothing is said about them being left out," added Benitez.

"If you want to be in a top side then you must have this mentality. You have to accept that some players will play and some will not.

"Robbie is a good player, we knew that when we signed him. Maybe he is not playing at his best level, but he wants to fight for his position.

"It doesn't matter the name or the price, we have to think about the best player for each game."

Benitez has revealed the title-chasing Reds have received interest for some members of their squad, but the former Valencia boss is adamant he is not looking to sell.

"A lot of clubs have been asking about some players, to buy or loan. But we have said we do not need to lose anyone, we do not need to sell anyone now," he continued.

"We do not want to lose players now if we cannot replace those players later. We need all of them for the race for the title
You'll Never Walk Alone.

peterquaife

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 27, 2009, 03:38:34 PM
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez insists he has not suffered a falling out with Robbie Keane following the striker's Merseyside derby FA Cup snub.

yeah right

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 27, 2009, 04:48:24 PM

Benitez recognises Keane's omission will cause controversy due to his 'high-profile', but he insists that is on a par to whenever Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson opts to shuffle his pack.

"He is expensive and high profile, yes. But Manchester United have bought plenty of players who cost £20m or more every single year. Sometimes more than one player. But nothing is said about them being left out," added Benitez.

This man has an unhealthy obsession with Fergie... He needs to calm down

stiffler

Quote from: EC Unique on January 27, 2009, 05:35:44 PM

This man has an unhealthy obsession with Fergie... He needs to calm down

You have an unhealthy obsession with this thread  ;)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

full back

:D :D
Fcuk off Rafa
You are nothing like Fergie........

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: full back on January 27, 2009, 05:50:01 PM:D :D
Fcuk off Rafa
You are nothing like Fergie........

They both manage teams in the Premier League - that makes them alike, doesn't it?

charlie stubbs

Madness to sign a player over the managers head, makes sense why he won't sign a new contract until he gets more control over transfers.  What does Rick Parry know about football anyhow.  The Keane signing doesn't make sense, paying 20 million for a player that in 3-4 years is probably only going to be worth a couple of million.

in todays market dont think that it was that bad a price.  when you think of price kaka quoted at and even bellamy at 14 million. 

bellamy has signed for 6 sold for 7.5 and didnt do alot at anfield and is now 29

if you had told me that liverpool where to sign a striker 4 £20 million in the summer who was 6 months older and £10million cheaper than united i would have been happy enough.  shame his performances have not warranted it s of yet...