The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Fair enough so. I still don't agree with ya on that comparison but we'll not go down that road again

But back to Robbie Keane, while his temperament can be questioned, he has been getting a raw deal. He's as well to get out now before end of transfer window.

Not in the 18 today is utterly bizarre and either hints at a complete lack of belief in his ability from his manager or a bust-up, neither of which will help his Ireland career, while he remains at Liverpool. Could Everton take him out of curiosity??
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

corn02

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 25, 2009, 07:59:21 PM
Fair enough so. I still don't agree with ya on that comparison but we'll not go down that road again

But back to Robbie Keane, while his temperament can be questioned, he has been getting a raw deal. He's as well to get out now before end of transfer window.

Not in the 18 today is utterly bizarre and either hints at a complete lack of belief in his ability from his manager or a bust-up, neither of which will help his Ireland career, while he remains at Liverpool. Could Everton take him out of curiosity??

Fair enough, it was a black and white comment from me, but certainly a similar thing.

Keane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out. The rumours that he was a Parry signing and not a  Rafa one wont help the situation.

There is the slight possibilty that he was being held back for the big game of the two - Wigan.

I doubt they would do business with Everton. A weird situation.

Carmen Stateside

The most probable thing is that he is being kept for Wednesday, Kuyt bound to need a rest soon especially after all that hard running last Monday and today!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 25, 2009, 04:29:07 PM
Everton lead

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

would you and your trolling ever f**k off out of this thread???

you contribute absolutely nothing

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 08:03:45 PMKeane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out.

If he did something on the pitch - then he deserves a shot, but he hasn't - he's been shocking all year - bar 1 or 2 games

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2009, 08:32:15 PM
The most probable thing is that he is being kept for Wednesday, Kuyt bound to need a rest soon especially after all that hard running last Monday and today!

If if that is true he should still have been named on the bench IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Heading to Anfield on Sunday morning next. Arrive at around 10.30ish in the airport, so don't want to waste too much time between going to hotel and getting to the ground for a loc of pints. Where does good food, reasonabley priced? Staying at Albert Docks, so anywhere there or at the ground.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 25, 2009, 11:15:59 PM
Heading to Anfield on Sunday morning next. Arrive at around 10.30ish in the airport, so don't want to waste too much time between going to hotel and getting to the ground for a loc of pints. Where does good food, reasonabley priced? Staying at Albert Docks, so anywhere there or at the ground.

Not too many quality dining establisments in the vicinity of Anfield. You would be better off eating in the city centre. There is loads of good places to eat around the Albert Dock.

new devil

When he was took off against everton last monday he didn't seem happy and you could clearly see him saying "f**k off"...do yous think that would off anything to do with it
As an Ireland player would like to see him move on somewere else to get regular first team football..don't think Rafa has give him much of a chance

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: new devil on January 25, 2009, 11:20:00 PM
When he was took off against everton last monday he didn't seem happy and you could clearly see him saying "f**k off"...do yous think that would off anything to do with it
As an Ireland player would like to see him move on somewere else to get regular first team football..don't think Rafa has give him much of a chance

He could have no complants about been taken off last Monday night - he was fecking shocking

new devil

Yea i no he was bad but do you think his reaction could have something to do with it?

magpie seanie

Look - he's just not good enough in a lot of ways. His temperament is suspect and he has never been able to take criticism (his appearance on the Late, Late Show alone confirms this. He was a bad buy for Liverpool because their best formation is one (Torres) up with Gerrard free just behind. He is not cut out to play either role. He needs someone like a Berbatov to put things on a plate and if he scores a few then his conversion rate increases. It seems entirely plausbile to me that he is not a Benitez signing.

Some Liverpool fans may not like this but I'm not just criticising him because he plays for Liverpool. I thought this of him long before he ever moved to Merseyside. If anything I'm surprised and admire the workrate he has developed at Anfield - though I've seen it in flashes before when he wasn't scoring.

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2009, 12:15:17 AM
Look - he's just not good enough in a lot of ways. His temperament is suspect and he has never been able to take criticism (his appearance on the Late, Late Show alone confirms this. He was a bad buy for Liverpool because their best formation is one (Torres) up with Gerrard free just behind. He is not cut out to play either role. He needs someone like a Berbatov to put things on a plate and if he scores a few then his conversion rate increases. It seems entirely plausbile to me that he is not a Benitez signing.

Some Liverpool fans may not like this but I'm not just criticising him because he plays for Liverpool. I thought this of him long before he ever moved to Merseyside. If anything I'm surprised and admire the workrate he has developed at Anfield - though I've seen it in flashes before when he wasn't scoring.

Good analysis Seanie. It doesn't bode well however if he was signed over Benitez' head and we'll have to wait to see how that turns out. The transfer stuff is pretty much why Benitez left Valencia. That said, I doubt if Benitez can be excused for every one of the misfits and dross that have been signed. I have read murmurings among some supporters that last summer may turn to be to Benitez what Djouff/Diou/Cheyrou was to Houllier, although I don't think that is fair given the progress, to this point, that has been made this season in terms of a league challenge. However, this is a very important week: if Liverpool don't pick up at least four points from Wigan (away) and Chelsea (home), they're probably going to be in big trouble in terms of the league. They arguably need six points. Even four will be tough given their current form.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2009, 12:15:17 AM

Pretty spot on to be fair.

Two 1-1s and two very contrasting performances. We suit 4-4-1-1 not 4-4-2.

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:15:58 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:14:10 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on January 25, 2009, 06:07:07 PM
Am not a fan of any soccer team but after spending millions on new players where would liverpool be with out steven gerrard. How much would liverpool have paid for kuyt??

They bought Kuyt for 13 million or something? Somewhere in that area.

Gerrard is priceless.

Dirk actually started the season very well. Was scoring a few goals and getting a few assists. Last 6 weeks though he's been pretty poor. Could do with being dropped for a spell only for he's Rafa's lovechild. Plus the competition for his place is hardly fierce.

He was just ok today, should have done a lot better with the shot. Last six weeks he has dropped off the pace a bit, but that period included the Newcastle match - he was superb in that game.

Need to see a goal from him soon.
Fer fecks sake corn, even Lucas was superb against Newcastle!

Thats about the 3rd time you've signaled Kuyt out for praise because its the one game since November that he hasnt been (at best) mediocre and frankly its ridiculous! Newcasle was a game that we won comfortably, and he played well, but so did everyone, and no way did he deserve special praise. Was he even involved in any of the goals? The first Benayoun laid it on for Gerrard. The 2nd Sami buried a corner, the third Babel knocked in from a corner after the Newky defence made a complete balls of things. The 4th was from Gerrard after a great through ball from Lucas and the last was an Alonso peno after I think Ngog was fouled.

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel to make this the only recent highlight of Kuyt's form, alleging he was superb where he wasnt involved in scoring or assisting in any of the 5 goals, yet the likes of even Babel, Benayoun, Lucas and Ngog either got a goal or an assist.