The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Benitez made an ass of himself yesterday, plain for all to see.  His intervention meant everyone was watching his team today and expecting a 'performance' several here deemed it the 'most important match of the season' alas they did not deliver and benitez has placed added pressure on his players shoulders.  Own goal plain and simple.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 10, 2009, 09:01:50 PM
Benitez made an ass of himself yesterday, plain for all to see.  His intervention meant everyone was watching his team today and expecting a 'performance' several here deemed it the 'most important match of the season' alas they did not deliver and benitez has placed added pressure on his players shoulders.  Own goal plain and simple.

How so? So the league leaders playing in a televised game would not have garnered any attention before "Rafas furious rant", you think it had any effect on the players performance?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Don't think anything Benitez said had even the slightest effect on the players. Players generally don't take a blind bit of notice of what the manager says to the media unless it is about themselves. People were expecting a performance because with Man U playing Chelsea they had a chance to open a bit more of a gap on at least one if not both of them had they won.

Of course the fact that they didn't win will mean the pundits will go to town on Benitez over his comments but they had nothing to do with Liverpool not winning the game.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on January 10, 2009, 08:08:31 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2009, 07:54:18 PM
f**king pathetic
Why was Lucas and Kuyt left on the pitch? Even Gerrard was awful,The game was crying out for Robbie Keane imho,even when Torres came on the played the same formation.
If Rafa has some grudge against Keane he would wanna get over it fast,Kuyt is not good enough to play as a lone striker and never will be.
Babel was his normal brutal self when he came on,Mash kept giving the ball away,Jesus I felt like putting my foot through the telly at times

But Kuyt wasnt playing as a lone striker? What exactly would Keane have done? Waved his finger at the ref a few times and made a hash of any opportunities that came his way?

Kuyt was playing as a lone striker
It was a 4-4-1-1 formation.
Keane couldn't have done any worse than what Kuyt was doing yet Rafa never takes off Kuyt for some strange reason
If you took time to read my post I complained that when Torres was brought on they kept the same formation which obviously wasn't working,Therefore the point I was making was they should have brought Keane on and went with a 4-4-2 formation be it Kuyt/Keane or Keane/Torres with Kuyt on the wing and at least try and win the f**king match..
Two shots on target in 90mins is nowhere near good enough against a relegation candidate
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Yes, because they would otherwise not have been watching or expecting Liverpool to beat Stoke. ::)

Liverpool's form has been patchy, as has the form of United, Chelsea and Arsenal as well. Today's performance didn't just appear out of nowhere because Benitez stuck his neck out. Even if he hadn't opened his mouth, that would still have been a very tricky game, as Villa, Arsenal and United have all discovered previously. As for whether it was an "own goal" and a failed gamble on Benitez's part, time will tell.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2009, 08:11:06 PM
f**king pathetic
Why was Lucas and Kuyt left on the pitch? Even Gerrard was awful,The game was crying out for Robbie Keane imho,even when Torres came on the played the same formation.
If Rafa has some grudge against Keane he would wanna get over it fast,Kuyt is not good enough to play as a lone striker and never will be.
Babel was his normal brutal self when he came on,Mash kept giving the ball away,Jesus I felt like putting my foot through the telly at times

I thought Babel did all right in the short time he was on. He had one great run up the left where he won the free. I don't remember him screwing up either. He was about the least of Liverpool's worries today.

So in 20mins he had ONE run down the wing,wow that was a great impact he had..
Do you know why he didn't screw anything up ? Because he is a lazy shite who won't get involved when the going is tough and might as well have not been on the pitch..IMHO

You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2009, 09:16:05 PM
f**king pathetic

I thought Babel did all right in the short time he was on. He had one great run up the left where he won the free. I don't remember him screwing up either. He was about the least of Liverpool's worries today.

Do you know why he didn't screw anything up ? Because he is a lazy shite who won't get involved when the going is tough and might as well have not been on the pitch..IMHO

A bit cranky tonight, are we? ;)

He was on the ball several other times, but it was in general play, laying it across or back to Aurelio. I think he attempted one shot also coming in from the left that was blocked, as happened to Gerrard a few times. I'm not saying he is the answer to any problems or that he has a future at the club, but that run he made was one of the few positive, direct things any Liverpool player did in the entire match. He was far from the worst out there today. He was certainly nowhere near the depths he plunged in some recent games e.g his appearance against Hull.

Stalin

A 4-4-1-1? Thats a new one. Keane could and would have done a lot worse than Kuyt, going by his previous efforts this season. Can you not accept that Keane is being left out and taken off for a reason? He has been absolutely gash all season, and his worst performance to date was his last, against Luton.

Forgive me for glossing over your post, but you do come out with a lot of the same shite over and over again.

Your point about Babel is very retarded.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Minder

Rafa can frustrate but you have to understand he sees the players all week and sees if they are performing or not. I have been a critic but he is better placed than us to pick the team and i cant think of another manager i would prefer to steer the ship.

Stalin

Quote from: Minder on January 10, 2009, 09:27:13 PM
Rafa can frustrate but you have to understand he sees the players all week and sees if they are performing or not. I have been a critic but he is better placed than us to pick the team and i cant think of another manager i would prefer to steer the ship.

Bring back Steve Finnan to replace Rafa.

Minder

Finnan is alright where he is..........

Stalin

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on January 10, 2009, 09:24:46 PM
A 4-4-1-1? Thats a new one. Keane could and would have done a lot worse than Kuyt, going by his previous efforts this season. Can you not accept that Keane is being left out and taken off for a reason? He has been absolutely gash all season, and his worst performance to date was his last, against Luton.

Forgive me for glossing over your post, but you do come out with a lot of the same shite over and over again.

Your point about Babel is very retarded.

I see so thats gonna be your attitude is it..
Fair enough I have no time trying to chat with someone who has that sort of opinion of me,I leave you to your own thoughts as you seem to be far more educated in the world of football than me..

BTW it was Preston North End not Luton they were playing
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2009, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2009, 09:16:05 PM
f**king pathetic

A bit cranky tonight, are we? ;)

He was on the ball several other times, but it was in general play, laying it across or back to Aurelio. I think he attempted one shot also coming in from the left that was blocked, as happened to Gerrard a few times. I'm not saying he is the answer to any problems or that he has a future at the club, but that run he made was one of the few positive, direct things any Liverpool player did in the entire match. He was far from the worst out there today. He was certainly nowhere near the depths he plunged in some recent games e.g his appearance against Hull.

Just a tad cranky J70 alright,how could one not be after that horror show.  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on January 10, 2009, 09:27:13 PM

Im amazed he can continue to pick teams which are designed to not loose a game and maybe nick a win instead of picking a team to attack and try to win from the start and still hold on to the faith of the supporters. Fair enough he has the team at the top of the league but if he used his balls a bit more Liverpool could be 8+ points clear at this stage...