The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

At half time, i was thinking this game is here for the taking, Liverpool's midfield should be too strong and experienced for Arsenals, and we should win 3-1.

However, this season has to be the hardest to predict, every match is so up and down, nothing ever goes to plan.

I wouldnt be surprised if Everton got a point tomorrow night.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

glens73

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 21, 2008, 06:28:00 PM
Quote from: glens73 on December 21, 2008, 06:20:21 PM
There's too many draws being had for Liverpool to win the title.

You could say the same about Man U and Chelsea except everyone expects them to go and win 10 games on the trot soon. League will probably be won by the lowest points total in years.

I just think that those draws against Stoke, Hull, West Ham and Fulham will come back to haunt them and will probably be repeated against other poor teams, United won't do that as the season progresses.

The Real Laoislad

Feeling the same as corn,I dunno how to feel after that,I thought Lucas should have been taken off that time Reira was and move Kuyt up front along side Keane with Babel on the left..
Saying that Babel offered nothing when he came on and I think he won't be around much longer he really isn't showing any sort of form,I know he is only been used as a sub but I don't see anything about him that makes me think he will turn out to be the star we hoped he be.
I thought Kuyt was bad again to today,not that he done anything wrong but he didn't offer much,I think the guy needs a rest if you ask me..
1-1 against Arsenal is a good result usually but 3 points were there for the taking so in a way it is 2 points dropped.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Selection Selection Details Result
1 Football Matches Win
  Premier League Matches
  Arsenal v Liverpool
  21st of Dec 2008 4:00 pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Draw @ 11 - 5 

More handy money from the 'lets play it safe and play for a draw' scousers...  take a good look at the premier table lads because I think it is the last time you will see LFC at the top for a long while ;D ;D :D

stiffler

1 point is better than none at the emirates  :-*
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on December 21, 2008, 09:39:36 PM

Selection Selection Details Result
1 Football Matches Win
  Premier League Matches
  Arsenal v Liverpool
  21st of Dec 2008 4:00 pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Draw @ 11 - 5 

More handy money from the 'lets play it safe and play for a draw' scousers...  take a good look at the premier table lads because I think it is the last time you will see LFC at the top for a long while ;D ;D :D

Haven't you boys been saying this for the past two months?

corn02

He could be right surely, but United still have to win their games in hand so nothing is certain yet.

As someone said earlier, it will be the lowest points total in many a year that will win it.

Liverpool are basically the form team in the second half of the season unber Rafa, but that has been when there has been a lot more rotation.

We are like United in that we have basically all our big away days done (bar United), but, again, I don't know if that is good or bad going on this season.

Thew bottom line is that if Torres returns and is fit, we will see the team step up a gear no doubt. If he satys injured Keane will probably decide our season. Big barrier crossed today from him, he has more goals in the league than Berbatov now, will be interesting to see if there is still a witchhunt for him.

ONeill

Quote from: corn02 on December 21, 2008, 10:51:41 PM
As someone said earlier, it will be the lowest points total in many a year that will win it.

Nonsense. Derby had 11 points last season in total.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 21, 2008, 07:22:28 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on December 21, 2008, 07:19:33 PM
If only there wasnt as much pace on Kuyt's centre late in the first half he would have had a simple tap-in.

I had completely forgotten about that. Should have been a goal. Kuyt just put too much on it. A bit less power and Gerrard would have tapped it in.
Disagree with that. Kuyt had to put pace on the ball to get it by the defender. Despite Andy Gray doing his best, there was no excuse for Gerrard missing that. He'd a shíte game, and that typified it.

I agree with Laoislad in that Kuyt had a poor second half, particular the last quarter. Himself and Babel were the death of almost all our moves in that period. Keane was by far our most likely scorer, so taking him off was strange. Though El Zhar was very unlucky with that header at the end.

Arsenal were cat in the second half, but we werent good enough to break them down. Lucas was the best midfielder on the pitch and Insua was the most creative player. That says a lot about both teams! For Liverpool that was another two points lost.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on December 22, 2008, 07:35:41 AM
If only there wasnt as much pace on Kuyt's centre late in the first half he would have had a simple tap-in.

I had completely forgotten about that. Should have been a goal. Kuyt just put too much on it. A bit less power and Gerrard would have tapped it in.
Disagree with that. Kuyt had to put pace on the ball to get it by the defender. Despite Andy Gray doing his best, there was no excuse for Gerrard missing that. He'd a shíte game, and that typified it.

Thank you. The crowd I watch the match with are very anti-Kuyt and he was getting the brunt of it. The fact of the matter is he done well on the right and put a good ball in, terrible miss. If it had of been a role reversal Kuyt would have been strung up.

AZOffaly

I agree with that. Kuyt did very well there, and he had a great shot that was well saved by Almunia as well. Not Kuyts worst game by a long way, although he still traps the ball like he hates it :D

Great finish by Robbie Keane, delighted for him to score, but Liverpool are really missing a cutting edge. In my mind that's another 2 points gone begging, given the way the game panned out. I'd have been happy enough with a draw at 3.55 pm, but Liverpool had the winning of that.

Still a 1-1 away to Arsenal won't lose the league. Draws at home to Stoke, Fulham, West Ham et al on the other hand....

mackers

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 22, 2008, 10:47:38 AM
I agree with that. Kuyt did very well there, and he had a great shot that was well saved by Almunia as well. Not Kuyts worst game by a long way, although he still traps the ball like he hates it :D

Great finish by Robbie Keane, delighted for him to score, but Liverpool are really missing a cutting edge. In my mind that's another 2 points gone begging, given the way the game panned out. I'd have been happy enough with a draw at 3.55 pm, but Liverpool had the winning of that.

Still a 1-1 away to Arsenal won't lose the league. Draws at home to Stoke, Fulham, West Ham et al on the other hand....
The stats shown just before the sending off showed that Liverpool had something like 74% of the possession up to that point in the 2nd half. That backs up your point AZ and is the story of Liverpool's season. It also makes a mockery of Wenger's post match interview. My God that man is blinkered, saying that THEY were dominating the game and how he had no doubt that they would've won the game with 11 men. In fairness Arsenal really stood up to Liverpool with the 10 men. Though that Lucas had by far his best game in a Liverpool shirt with Insua showing some potential in a position Liverpool badly need filled. Gerrard was disappointing, he didn't link up with Keane the way he did so often last year with Torres. I was thrilled for Keane, what a goal, and silenced the Boos in the Emirates for all of five minutes which really is saying something.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hound on December 22, 2008, 07:35:41 AM

Well I have to disagree with that. Kuyt had to put pace on it alright but he put too much. He practically blasted it across. Gerrard was stretching for it so I'm not sure how it can be classed as his fault. Not getting on Kuyt's case about it but my instant reaction was that he hit it too hard.

corn02

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 22, 2008, 10:47:38 AM
but Liverpool are really missing a cutting edge.

Certainly. Is another striker the answer? Owen?

AZOffaly

I think Torres coming back will be a help, assuming he can get sharp, but I'd rather a right winger that can beat people, put in crosses, get behind people, etc etc.

Trouble is there's not that many out there. Shaun Wright Philips?