The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 09:21:16 AM
To the Liverpool fans who booed at Fulham and West Ham matches - you are nothing but a pack of c***ts!

You are not Liverpool fans in my eyes. Supporters support the team.  We are top of the league and alredy out of our Champions League group - our best season to date in a decade yet you feel the need to deride the team because we didn't steam roll a couple of teams. Try getting behind the team you w**ks. Unfortunately, on my many visits to Anfield the most cringeworthy of fan carries an Irish accent.
Many day-trippers want Istanbul wrapped up in a nice package every time they visit. It does not work like that. It is a football team and a season, there are highs and lows.

Good post. The bit in bold is completely true of the few visits I've had to Old Trafford too.

peterquaife

To the Liverpool fans who booed at Fulham and West Ham matches - you are nothing but a pack of c***ts!

You are not Liverpool fans in my eyes. Supporters support the team.  We are top of the league and alredy out of our Champions League group - our best season to date in a decade yet you feel the need to deride the team because we didn't steam roll a couple of teams. Try getting behind the team you w**ks. Unfortunately, on my many visits to Anfield the most cringeworthy of fan carries an Irish accent.

Many day-trippers want Istanbul wrapped up in a nice package every time they visit. It does not work like that. It is a football team and a season, there are highs and lows.

a pack of c**ts who pay hand over fist to watch their team play...they have every right to boo if so wish to, they are paying for the privilege. their reason for paying to watch liverpool is due to their unconditional love of the club, not the present manager or players.

i personally lost faith in Benetiz a couple of years ago...each new signing was to be the great white hope, 99% failed to deliver. Torres, Alonso, Carra, Gerrard, Mash...the rest average players...Benayoun, Aurelio, Voronin etc etc etc etc...these useless hooers playing in a red shirt is a slap in the face to many fans who have followed and will continue to follow Liverpool

I travel over to about a dozen games a year, have so for a long time, nothing like the feeling of walking under the Shankly gates into the ground..but, I've never booed and dont think I ever would, not the Liverpool way(for the big majority)...but a 3rd place finish will be our gettings again this year..time for Benetiz to move on

PQ

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 10:30:26 AM

Also, what exactly has Babel done that makes him such a viable option?

you obviously were not sitting in the ground for the Arsenal champions league game......

Minder

Quote from: peterquaife on December 02, 2008, 06:00:17 PM

you obviously were not sitting in the ground for the Arsenal champions league game......

He came on as a sub in an ideal situation for him, when the game was stretched he could use his pace. If he does not start to get a run of games now with Torres out and Keane playing like a pub player he never will. From now until the end of the season will probably shape whether he has a career at Liverpool or not. Personally i would play him up front for a run of games, if Keane has to take a seat for a few games so be it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Good post. Liverpool have had an awful month (usual November as it turns out!), yet they are sitting top of the league and through to the knockout stage in Europe. Yes, the last few games have been worrying because of the paucity of goals, but every team goes through sticky patches. Assuming they stay in touch (as they have done to date because the others have also dropped points), there is no reason why Liverpool can't maintain a challenge. They've put impressive runs together several times during 2008 already, so why shouldn't they do it again?

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on December 02, 2008, 06:00:17 PM

As I said that was last season he has regressed by the looks of things. By the way one goal does not make you an instant starter.

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on December 02, 2008, 05:56:29 PM

i personally lost faith in Benetiz a couple of years ago...each new signing was to be the great white hope, 99% failed to deliver. Torres, Alonso, Carra, Gerrard, Mash...the rest average players...Benayoun, Aurelio, Voronin etc etc etc etc...these useless hooers playing in a red shirt is a slap in the face to many fans who have followed and will continue to follow Liverpool

PQ

They may pay hand over foot but if they boo, they are not real fans. It is a football match, not a pantomine.

Your old maths isn't too good if you list those players and then say 99% are a failure. Every manager has hits and misses. Look at Fegusons signings over the years, it's part of football. The one thing I will say fior Rafa, is a player is not working out after a season, he is quick to get rid, usually for about the same price.

Fantastic stuff, we sit top of the tree and you are calling for his head, you knowledge astounds me. You lost faith in him a couple of years ago? When in his first season or what. This is his fourth season in charge, so a couple of years ago is at least two. So you lost faith in him when he won the Champions League or the first year he got to rebuild the team (which he brought in Reina, Kuyt abd Alonso) might I add.

corn02

Also I was not defending Rafa's sub the other night, I too would have had Babel ahead of NGog on the very limited amount I have seen of both this season. Just defending a man being written off as shite by people whop have seen a mere 10 minutes of him.

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on December 03, 2008, 10:16:52 AM

PQ

They may pay hand over foot but if they boo, they are not real fans. It is a football match, not a pantomine.

Your old maths isn't too good if you list those players and then say 99% are a failure. Every manager has hits and misses. Look at Fegusons signings over the years, it's part of football. The one thing I will say fior Rafa, is a player is not working out after a season, he is quick to get rid, usually for about the same price.

Fantastic stuff, we sit top of the tree and you are calling for his head, you knowledge astounds me. You lost faith in him a couple of years ago? When in his first season or what. This is his fourth season in charge, so a couple of years ago is at least two. So you lost faith in him when he won the Champions League or the first year he got to rebuild the team (which he brought in Reina, Kuyt abd Alonso) might I add.

I'd say its his 5th year in charge

what percentage of good players has he bought compared to brock, much much more misses than hits?

pantomine at times alright

sitting top of the tree at the start of dec will be a distant memory come May (i sincerely hope I'm wrong by the way) utd and chelsea have had a few blips but will get stronger, the squad rafa has built wont...as some one mentioned earlier in the thread, any player can get fired up for the big games (utd and chelsea wins, and long overdue) and win them, but to win consistantly has been the problem for near 2 decades

look, I like rafa,  am I less of fan than yourself for not sticking my head in the sand? things need changing ....

PQ

stevo-08

Interestingly, if you compare our points tally this season so far, against the points we got against the same teams last season (obviously replace the 3 relegated teams with the 3 promoted one), then we have not improved at all. The 9 points we've gained by beating United, Chelsea, Man City & Wigan have been wiped out by draws against Villa, Fulham, West Ham (-6 pts) & the defeat to Spurs (-3 pts).

The main reason we are top of the table in december is because Chelsea & United have being below par. And we'll only still be in with a shout for the title if those 2 teams continue to drop points. However I have my doubts that both those teams will continue to struggle.

As for Benitez, I really dont think anyone could have done much more than him during his time at Liverpool. Look at the points total by the league winners in Rafa's 4 years - Chelsea 95pts, Chelsea 91pts, United 89pts United 87pts. That total by Chelsea in Jose's first season was just unbelievable and the next 3 years were again tallys that Liverpool couldnt live with, no matter who was in charge. Yes, Rafa has made mistakes but the same can be said from every other manager. He is getting closer, if only by inches, and getting rid of him now would be going back to square 1. The most successful teams in the PL have been arsenal & united and its certainly no coincidence that they have the longest serving managers. While I think Rafa makes very strange decisions at times, there is no doubt that his focus now lies with the PL and I think, given more time, he can deliver.

If you want rid of Benitez, then you'd better have a good alternative in mind.

corn02

Quote from: stevo-08 on December 03, 2008, 11:09:47 AM
Interestingly, if you compare our points tally this season so far, against the points we got against the same teams last season (obviously replace the 3 relegated teams with the 3 promoted one), then we have not improved at all. The 9 points we've gained by beating United, Chelsea, Man City & Wigan have been wiped out by draws against Villa, Fulham, West Ham (-6 pts) & the defeat to Spurs (-3 pts).

The main reason we are top of the table in december is because Chelsea & United have being below par. And we'll only still be in with a shout for the title if those 2 teams continue to drop points. However I have my doubts that both those teams will continue to struggle.

As for Benitez, I really dont think anyone could have done much more than him during his time at Liverpool. Look at the points total by the league winners in Rafa's 4 years - Chelsea 95pts, Chelsea 91pts, United 89pts United 87pts. That total by Chelsea in Jose's first season was just unbelievable and the next 3 years were again tallys that Liverpool couldnt live with, no matter who was in charge. Yes, Rafa has made mistakes but the same can be said from every other manager. He is getting closer, if only by inches, and getting rid of him now would be going back to square 1. The most successful teams in the PL have been arsenal & united and its certainly no coincidence that they have the longest serving managers. While I think Rafa makes very strange decisions at times, there is no doubt that his focus now lies with the PL and I think, given more time, he can deliver.

If you want rid of Benitez, then you'd better have a good alternative in mind.

Good post.

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on December 03, 2008, 10:56:28 AM
Quote from: corn02 on December 03, 2008, 10:16:52 AM

PQ

I'd say its his 5th year in charge

what percentage of good players has he bought compared to brock, much much more misses than hits?

pantomine at times alright

sitting top of the tree at the start of dec will be a distant memory come May (i sincerely hope I'm wrong by the way) utd and chelsea have had a few blips but will get stronger, the squad rafa has built wont...as some one mentioned earlier in the thread, any player can get fired up for the big games (utd and chelsea wins, and long overdue) and win them, but to win consistantly has been the problem for near 2 decades

look, I like rafa,  am I less of fan than yourself for not sticking my head in the sand? things need changing ....

PQ

I don't know who Brockis, I can only assume it is Ferguson. In that case you would see that Ferguson and Rafa would have a very similar ratio of hits and misses.

Here is what I think is our best team at the momet.

Reina
Arbeloa Carragher Skertl Aurelio
Kuyt Mascherano Alonso Reira
Gerrad Torres.

Keane narrowly misses out.

Nine Rafa signings and two locals. Not bad in four and a quarter seasons. Certainly makes a mockery of your 99% failur and pantomien assertions.

Sir you are the one with your head in the sand if you do not appreciate that we are top of the league and safely through in Europe. If someone said that to you at the start of the season you would have bit their hand off for it, deny this and you are a liar.

Fantastic season so far and all you can do is say that we are going to mess up. So you are wanting Rafa removed for a hypotehtical scenario - brilliant.

Gabriel_Hurl

I see this young lad had a stormer for the youth team last night in the FA Youth Cup

If he's anything like his old man - he'll be good

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gabriel_Hurl