The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Whacker on December 02, 2008, 10:46:49 AM
Takes the bait!!  ;D

In all fainess Corn, Ngog wouldnt get a sniff and Man United Arsenal Villa etc, the list goes on. Looking at him everyday or not looking at him every day in Melwood, poor to say the least!!

I take your point, but I am going to give a boy a chance before wiritng him off as shite. We have barely seen the player. Keane wouldn't get a sniff at United or Chelse the way he is playing so swings and roundabouts.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 10:50:29 AM
Quote from: Whacker on December 02, 2008, 10:46:49 AM
Takes the bait!!  ;D

In all fainess Corn, Ngog wouldnt get a sniff and Man United Arsenal Villa etc, the list goes on. Looking at him everyday or not looking at him every day in Melwood, poor to say the least!!

I take your point, but I am going to give a boy a chance before wiritng him off as shite. We have barely seen the player. Keane wouldn't get a sniff at United or Chelse the way he is playing so swings and roundabouts.

True, because Malouda is sooooo much better.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

I take the point about N'gog not impressing but Benitez sees him every day, i wonder about Babel and where he figures in Benitez plans, i dont think he fancies him at all. You would think we would be getting more from him at this stage that 20 mins here and there. In fairness when he has started he hasnt impressed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: Minder on December 02, 2008, 11:09:46 AM
I take the point about N'gog not impressing but Benitez sees him every day, i wonder about Babel and where he figures in Benitez plans, i dont think he fancies him at all. You would think we would be getting more from him at this stage that 20 mins here and there. In fairness when he has started he hasnt impressed.

Babel has regressed or stalled at best. He can be explosive in minimal occassions, but he has no work-ethic. Reminds me a bit of Cisse in his thinking too.

Goats Do Shave

He has to be played regularly to be given a chance!

full back

Babel can be a bit of a headless chicken at times, but to be fair he hasnt really been given much of a chance.

corn02

Surely the said can be said of N'Gog then?

full back

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 11:56:35 AM

Ngog is a few years younger & hasnt as much experience, so I wouldnt be expecting as much from him just yet

Minder

Any time Babel has started he has been anonymous.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

He's only 19, & Liverpool paid £1.5 mill??

Babel is a couple of years older & cost 10 times that much... he needs to be starting now!

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 02, 2008, 12:04:44 PM

Babel is a couple of years older & cost 10 times that much... he needs to be starting now!

With all due respect, Rafa said he wasn't buying N'Gog for the future he was buying him as a first team player.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 12:12:01 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 02, 2008, 12:04:44 PM

With all due respect, Rafa said he wasn't buying N'Gog for the future he was buying him as a first team player.

Why did he buy Babel then?

corn02

Same reason. That is why I am saying you can't claim Babel needs a chance and N'Gog doesn't.

GalwayBayBoy

Ngog from the little I've seen in him isn't good enough and won't be good enough. He is fairly quick alright but has the physical presence of a 10 year old girl and the ball constantly bounces off him. Keane didn't have a good first half but actually seemed to be coming into the game somewhat when Rafa subbed him. Riera was poor last night and I have no problem with his substitution. Babel why still prone to losing the ball at least has a capacity to make things happen. After he came on last night he nearly scored within five minutes.

In a way I guess we are a little spoiled. We are top of the league at the beginning of December having played most of the first half of the season without Torres. I think there is just disappointment and frustration that we are not 6 or 7 points clear and in an even stronger position given the dropped points at home.

Uladh

Liverpool are starting to become a worry. They've been playing poorly for the most part but are still top of the league. normally a united trait in recent times. it will be an interesting season though i do expect the bin dippers to fall off.

my reasoning for thinking they'll fall away is that rafa has gone against his natural instincts. in previous seasons he has rotated heavily prechristmas to have a fresh squad for the business end of the season. it was a policy which worked fantastically well at valencia. obviously that gamble has left them too far back in the league but the results have definitely been there during that period in the last few years. it has contributed heavily to their champions league progress. they have squeezed through orechristmas and then come string for the knock out stages.

The fat controller is in new territory now and probably gambling a bit. so far so good for him but can his squad sustain results over the busy christmas period, then kee running when the fa cup and champions league come on line? i don't think so