The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: stevo-08 on November 14, 2008, 06:05:21 PM
yep, 3 points a must tomorrow. and with arbeloa suspended & degen injured, our problems in the full back positions get even worse - and i didnt think that could be possible.

Jasus, didn't realise Arbeloa was unavailable too...what's the solution there, Spearing? Should have never moved Finan on, still better than anything currently in the squad.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mentalman on November 14, 2008, 06:07:11 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on November 14, 2008, 06:05:21 PM
yep, 3 points a must tomorrow. and with arbeloa suspended & degen injured, our problems in the full back positions get even worse - and i didnt think that could be possible.

Jasus, didn't realise Arbeloa was unavailable too...what's the solution there, Spearing? Should have never moved Finan on, still better than anything currently in the squad.

I agree, it was a very bad mistake to sell Finnan....Far better than any of the other stooges...

You'll Never Walk Alone.

charlie stubbs

could see carra shifted across to be honest sami in middle with dagger.sami could prove especially useful as bolton wont be blessed with tpace of anelka/diouf of previous seasons and alot of ball will be aimed at davies in the air imo!!

gawa316

Spearing is a centre midfielder so won't be him. The only choices we have are to bring young Darby in at rb or moving Carra out there with Sami in the centre. I'd go for the second option due to Bolton's aerial threat

charlie stubbs

ll or anyone else know how stevy getting on in spain??think heard hasinjured no sky at home so dont be that up to date with la liga to be honest

Mentalman

Quote from: charlie stubbs on November 14, 2008, 06:12:07 PM
could see carra shifted across to be honest sami in middle with dagger.sami could prove especially useful as bolton wont be blessed with tpace of anelka/diouf of previous seasons and alot of ball will be aimed at davies in the air imo!!

Good thinking Batman! Although Sammi didn't exactly cover himself in glory during the week you'd imagine he'd up his game for a real competitive match...still a legend.

Mentalman

Quote from: gawa316 on November 14, 2008, 06:13:41 PM
Spearing is a centre midfielder so won't be him. The only choices we have are to bring young Darby in at rb or moving Carra out there with Sami in the centre. I'd go for the second option due to Bolton's aerial threat

Meant Darby, always mixing them up. He came on the other night didn't he? Don't really recall him being invloved much though.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: charlie stubbs on November 14, 2008, 06:14:05 PM
ll or anyone else know how stevy getting on in spain??think heard hasinjured no sky at home so dont be that up to date with la liga to be honest

I'm not a huge fan of La Liga apart from watching some of the big derby's but from what I know he got injured in his first or second game,hamstring I think
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mentalman

Quote from: charlie stubbs on November 14, 2008, 06:14:05 PM

Was working on his fitness but got injured on his debut against Villareal after looking lively. Still out of action, but closer to fitness, but as he hasn't played with his club I don't think he was allowed/required to meet up with the Irish for the Poland game.

gawa316

Quote from: Mentalman on November 14, 2008, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 14, 2008, 06:13:41 PM

Meant Darby, always mixing them up. He came on the other night didn't he? Don't really recall him being invloved much though.

Yeah he came on the other night. Blonde haired scouse lad. He was the captain of the reserves in last years winning team. Don't know if he'll ever make the grade with us

The Real Laoislad

I think he might well play Insua tomorrow,I can't see him moving Carra out wide.
Insua is a left back but I'm sure he could slot in at right back or else move Aurelio across..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stevo-08

word is that Stephen Darby might start at right back.  :o :o

Looked ok in pre-season, but thats a far cry from starting a PL game.

Mentalman

Quote from: stevo-08 on November 14, 2008, 06:30:39 PM
word is that Stephen Darby might start at right back.  :o :o

Looked ok in pre-season, but thats a far cry from starting a PL game.

Intersting. Obviously doesn't want to disturb his central partnership, with Agger only really getting back into it too, partnering him with an unmatch fit Hyppia might not be great. Who do bolton have on the left? Taylor? Big banger from distance but not likely to get in behind a right back.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 14, 2008, 06:28:17 PM
I think he might well play Insua tomorrow,I can't see him moving Carra out wide.
Insua is a left back but I'm sure he could slot in at right back or else move Aurelio across..

I'd rather have Carra at right back than either of those left footed players

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 14, 2008, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 14, 2008, 06:28:17 PM

I'd rather have Carra at right back than either of those left footed players

I just think Carra is a bit slow for right back tis all,and really it shouldn't be a huge job for a Pro player to play on the other wing whatever foot they use,I played left back all my life and I'm right footed so if I can do it so can they  :D..though in saying that I wouldn't have any fear of Carra playing right back either,you could put that man anywhere on the pitch and he would give it 100%
You'll Never Walk Alone.