The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

anportmorforjfc

liverpool spend too much money on players anyway. £20 Million on Keane

brokencrossbar1

A bad result, but actually not a catastrophe.  It would have been nice to get a run in the Carling Cup and blood some players, but that has been Arsenal's policy of the last number of years and it is not really making any difference to their title challenge.  It highlights the deficiencies in the squad at its harshest, but lets be fair to the players.  The back 5 had never played before as a unit.  The midfield was pieced together.  It is not like he is putting out the reserve team who have had games together.

If they realistically want to bring players on in the club, Gary Ablett's team should be put out in this competition.  They have a unity in their play and would cause an upset.  You could then judge if any of them have what it takes to make the step up.

The like's of Degen and to a lesser extent Dossena will fill in for games at a time, but with 3 regulars beside them and they should in theory look more comfortable.  In theory!!

EC Unique

Quote from: full back on November 13, 2008, 09:27:11 AM
Jaysus lads, how bad is that Dossena lad?
Some of the players on the scousers arent fit to wear the jersey
In all honesty, the scousers just dont have the depth to challenge for a title over the course of a season IMHO

Thats more or less what I said but 18 players were quoted that apparently can win the league but I suppose only time will tell. ;)

nifan

Quoteand to a lesser extent Dossena will fill in for games at a time

Id rather give Insua some time, but at what we paid for Dossena Id say thats unlikely

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2008, 09:43:02 AM
In all honesty, the scousers just dont have the depth to challenge for a title over the course of a season IMHO

Thats more or less what I said but 18 players were quoted that apparently can win the league but I suppose only time will tell. ;)

Ahh now, I didn't say win the league, I said we have 18 players that could be thrown into big games.

YesIwould -only if you pick me over O'Neil for the post.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: nifan on November 13, 2008, 09:46:07 AM
Quoteand to a lesser extent Dossena will fill in for games at a time

Id rather give Insua some time, but at what we paid for Dossena Id say thats unlikely

I agree completely, but Dosenna has shown some level of ability, he just seems like he is finding it hard to fit in, and also looks very unfit.

Over the Bar

QuoteOk I counter that with the pundits on five live thought it was, but what would they know compared to a United fan on a board eh?

So you didn't actually watch the game then yet swear it was a stone-wall penalty from the radio commentary? 

Classic!  :D

corn02

I watched the game, someone who listened on five live told me they said it was a penalty.

Also so did the Guardian report and many more media reports.. I'll take their word over yoursand Phil Neal.

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 09:53:04 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2008, 09:43:02 AM

Ahh now, I didn't say win the league, I said we have 18 players that could be thrown into big games.

YesIwould -only if you pick me over O'Neil for the post.

Sorry corn I picked you up wrong. Do you not think Liverpool will win the League this year? You have to be optimistic..

corn02

Honestly? I don't. I think we have a good chance but we are still going to come up a cropper against small teams i.e this Saturday.

I do think we can challkeneg and nick second. I think of the four different Premiership winners, three came second the year before they won it. Obviosuly the first year would be the first division as the previous year.

I think Chelsea are looking superb, but United are the only team capable of putting a run of wins that stretches into two figures.

magpie seanie

From what I saw it wasn't a penalty. Defender got a slight touch so he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

O'Neill's post was the most accurate thing put on this thread in a while. If Liverpool had got beaten by Athletico and managed to get eliminated it would be a huge boost to their Premier League hopes.

Also - I hope I didn't see some personal abuse there. People could get reported for that sort of thing.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2008, 11:16:29 AM
From what I saw it wasn't a penalty. Defender got a slight touch so he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Wow there's a surprise  ::) I must remember that quote the next time Rooney is upended in the box and you come on complaining it should have been a penalty
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

it dosent make a difference liverpool are out. Theres always something to complain about when yous get beat. Blame the manager he put out a team that wasn't good enough, not the referee for not giving a penalty. Even though he got the ball

corn02

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 13, 2008, 11:32:55 AM
it dosent make a difference liverpool are out. Theres always something to complain about when yous get beat. Blame the manager he put out a team that wasn't good enough, not the referee for not giving a penalty. Even though he got the ball

o......k

What personal abuse Seanie, me and YesIWould?