The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2008, 09:43:09 PM
This game really showed Liverpool's squad players to be very weak. To win the league a team must have 18 or 20 players that a manager would have no problems throwing into an important league game. I don't think Liverpool have enough of these type of players and this will cost tham a league title this year.. 8)

Reina
Aurelio
Arbeloa
Hyppia
Agger
Skrtl
Carragher
Alonso
Macherano
Babel
Lucas
Gerrard
Kuyt
Reira
Torres
Keane
El Zhar
Pennant

There is your 18 players wh0o can be thrown in for the big matches - and have been.

Corn, I like most of your posts, you seem very reasoned, but I don't think your could trust a lot of the players you mentioned there!

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 13, 2008, 07:58:03 AM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2008, 09:43:09 PM
This game really showed Liverpool's squad players to be very weak. To win the league a team must have 18 or 20 players that a manager would have no problems throwing into an important league game. I don't think Liverpool have enough of these type of players and this will cost tham a league title this year.. 8)

Reina
Aurelio
Arbeloa
Hyppia
Agger
Skrtl
Carragher
Alonso
Macherano
Babel
Lucas
Gerrard
Kuyt
Reira
Torres
Keane
El Zhar
Pennant

There is your 18 players wh0o can be thrown in for the big matches - and have been.

Corn, I like most of your posts, you seem very reasoned, but I don't think your could trust a lot of the players you mentioned there!

not TRUST ? in what way ?

Over the Bar

QuoteClear-cut penalty.

Not according to Phil Neal on Sky sports, but sure what would he know compared to the real 'pool fans on the board eh?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Abble on November 13, 2008, 08:05:31 AM

Hyypia - Done!
Pennant - Useless!
Lucas - You serious?
El Zahar - Only seen a bit of him, but i'm glad he's at Liverpool!!

Even some of the other players should only be squad players, because that's what they would be at Chelsea or UTD.

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 13, 2008, 08:30:32 AM

Hyypia - Done!
Pennant - Useless!
Lucas - You serious?

Even some of the other players should only be squad players, because that's what they would be at Chelsea or UTD.

you originally said a lot of those players, thats not so bad its just the 3 or 4 then ? show me any team that doesnt have 3 or 4 in the above category....apart from utd and chelsea of course

anportmorforjfc

Posted on: November 12, 2008, 10:52:39 PMPosted by: corn02 
Insert Quote
Clear-cut penalty.

it wasn't a penalty he hit the ball

corn02

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 13, 2008, 08:27:55 AM
QuoteClear-cut penalty.

Not according to Phil Neal on Sky sports, but sure what would he know compared to the real 'pool fans on the board eh?

Ok I counter that with the pundits on five live thought it was, but what would they know compared to a United fan on a board eh?

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 13, 2008, 08:30:32 AM

Hyypia - Done!
Pennant - Useless!
Lucas - You serious?

Didn't say I'd trust them, just pointing out boys who have played in big fourr, or possibly could - still need strenghtened. I was a bit annoyed last night - clouded judgement.

corn02

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 11:12:28 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

f**k you are talking some shite lad. Its a Carling Cup match go away and talk some sense will ya yo fool.

You would know all about it. You do nothing but it on the Armagh club thread about your beloved club and your inability to question anything regarding any of the O Rourkes.
Face the facts and take off your club coloured glasses an odd time and see things really for  how they are.

Brilliant reply you shithead. You obviosuly know f**k all about soccer as well as GAA

Jesus settle yourself down you muck savage.

Champions leaague was welcomed but that was almost 4 years ago. Should have kicked on from that and havent. I hope this year is the year, and it could well be.
Rafa obviously feels now is the time as they are sitting pretty in the league to push home the issue of his contract, which he is well entitled to do.
Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont, and cant feel he has no god given right to earn another 4 year contract worth an alleged 20 million at this stage of his Liverpool career unless either a league or champions league is delivered.

Muck Savage, are you not from Cullyhanna/Cullavilled direction?

You talk about pushing on, we got to the final the next year and the semi two years later, we are well on course for the knockouts this year.

League placings obviously not good enough, but we are joint top in mid-November, a lot better than the last 10 years. Possibly you overreacted to a pointless Carling Cup tie?

Still didn't like the Dromintee jibe!  ;)

Yes I Would

Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2008, 11:22:36 PM
[Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont

Out of interest, who would you have?

Martin O Neill or Corn02!!

anportmorforjfc

its brilliant to see liverpool get beat no matter what competition

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 09:17:09 AM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

f**k you are talking some shite lad. Its a Carling Cup match go away and talk some sense will ya yo fool.

You would know all about it. You do nothing but it on the Armagh club thread about your beloved club and your inability to question anything regarding any of the O Rourkes.
Face the facts and take off your club coloured glasses an odd time and see things really for  how they are.

Brilliant reply you shithead. You obviosuly know f**k all about soccer as well as GAA

Jesus settle yourself down you muck savage.

Champions leaague was welcomed but that was almost 4 years ago. Should have kicked on from that and havent. I hope this year is the year, and it could well be.
Rafa obviously feels now is the time as they are sitting pretty in the league to push home the issue of his contract, which he is well entitled to do.
Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont, and cant feel he has no god given right to earn another 4 year contract worth an alleged 20 million at this stage of his Liverpool career unless either a league or champions league is delivered.

Muck Savage, are you not from Cullyhanna/Cullavilled direction?

You talk about pushing on, we got to the final the next year and the semi two years later, we are well on course for the knockouts this year.

League placings obviously not good enough, but we are joint top in mid-November, a lot better than the last 10 years. Possibly you overreacted to a pointless Carling Cup tie?

Still didn't like the Dromintee jibe!  ;)

Ok Corn Ill let it lie. We obviously differ on how we see the season panning out or the direction of the club.
It wasnt so much the result that pissed me off. Its the thought of some of the players that may be needed in big games just dont seem to be up to it. Again ill be happy if im proved wrong.
Dromintee remark was uncalled for!! Lets be friends ;D

Shrek

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 13, 2008, 09:19:39 AM
its brilliant to see liverpool get beat no matter what competition

yep, i agree with that, great to see  ;D  ;D

full back

Jaysus lads, how bad is that Dossena lad?
Some of the players on the scousers arent fit to wear the jersey
In all honesty, the scousers just dont have the depth to challenge for a title over the course of a season IMHO