The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2008, 11:28:47 AM
Yep that's the one. That was a serious side. Steve Nicol scoring a hattrick against the toon! Hansen, McMahon, Beardsley, Aldridge, Barnes, Houghton et al.

Unreal team, my first visit to Anfield was against QPR, the game where Barnes scored against Seaman in the clip.  That was simply the best team I ever saw, bar none and that included AC Milan with Gullit et al. I reckon if it hadn't have been for the ban the would have lifted at least 2 more European Cups.

Gabriel_Hurl

Some great stuff there. I remember receiving a video for my birthday when I was 11 or 12 - it was put out by the BBC - and it was called Liverpool - Team of the Decade

Best present I ever received

Hound

A team of great players, and two geniuses, Barnes and Beardsley - and both had the great attribute of playing for the team rather than for themselves.

J70

Has anyone been reading any of the excerpts from Carragher's book?

I don't know what the entire book is like, but from the few little bits I've read, he seems like a bit of a tosser. Maybe the bigger picture will be more flattering, as serializers obviously pick out the juicy or controversial bits.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2008, 04:03:54 AM

I don't know what the entire book is like, but from the few little bits I've read, he seems like a bit of a tosser. Maybe the bigger picture will be more flattering, as serializers obviously pick out the juicy or controversial bits.

Whats he been saying?

Minder

I am reading Ian Rush's autobiography at the minute, well worth a look & what a player. The thing about Carragher and any Premiership player that is playing for his hometown team, they are not cartoon characters. Some fans believe that Carragher would play for nothing but i think he mentions in his book if Liverpool were not a big club he would have moved somewhere else. What is it they say if you want someone to remain your hero dont meet them...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

girt_giggler

Gerrard came across like a bit of a pr**k in his book too.  Reading Robbie Fowler's at the minute before buying Carraghers.

corn02

Agreed J70 - the Song and Neil stories made him look like a prat.

Gerrads is a bit dry
Fowlers is excellent - one of ME favourite . ;)

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on September 05, 2008, 08:42:01 AM
Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2008, 04:03:54 AM

Whats he been saying?

As Corn said, look up the stories on Rigobert Song and Lucas Neill. The Neill one is particularly disturbing as he says that a bunch of his mates saw Neill shortly after he broke Carragher's leg and were going to attack him except for the fact that former Liverpool player David Thompson was with Neill at the time. It seems Carragher asked them not to do it because Thompson was there. Maybe he was just getting a dig in at Neill and would have told his mates to get a grip anyway, but its hard to tell from the excerpt. The Song one is maybe more harmless, but he essentially says he took him out in training because Song, who was a rival for a first team place, apparently was sniggering with some of the other players when Carragher got an England call-up. There was also the comment about his brothers finding it hard to get work because of all the foreigners coming in and taking their jobs!

An Fear Rua

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

'A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

'Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

'That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

'As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

I wonder what Keane (Roy) makes of this.......
Its Grim up North

corn02

magpie seanie

QuoteI wonder what Keane (Roy) makes of this.......

Or what the high moral grounders who castigated him for his bit about Haaland in his book think about it? No doubt they'll be along shortly to begin the wringing of hands fest.

Gabriel_Hurl

Roy the Boy got banned and fined for saying in his book he wanted to hurt Haaland

corn02

While ther eis a mountain of difference between Keane and the Carragher situation, he has come across as a bit of a prat in the Mirror the last few days.

milltown row

what the f**k is he talking about? A Hit??????????? Carragher could not 'HIT' a pass to the midfielders right never mind get his mates to take Neill down.

is our kid Carragher in the Liverpool mob? all sitting about saying Calm down, and lets get Terry, Garry and Barry to take Lucus Neill out........ brillant