The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Glad to see masch back, now hopefull we can revert back to the 4231 cause we don't have the personell for 442.

If reira signs and is ready for this wkd, I'd go for this against villa

Reina
Carra, Skertal, Agger, Dossena
        Masch, Alonso
Babel      Keane       Reira
            Torres

But no doubt this will look nothing like the team that lines out on sunday

Mentalman

Quote from: gawa316 on August 28, 2008, 01:59:28 PM
Glad to see masch back, now hopefull we can revert back to the 4231 cause we don't have the personell for 442.

If reira signs and is ready for this wkd, I'd go for this against villa

Reina
Carra, Skertal, Agger, Dossena
         Masch, Alonso
Babel      Keane       Reira
             Torres

But no doubt this will look nothing like the team that lines out on sunday

"Off The Ball" have an interview tonight with Masch on Newstalk 106.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Yes I Would

I know it sounds absurd, but Kuyt scoring that goal although crucial could be our downfall in later games.

The reality was we got lucky last night, and the better team over two legs are out. I
feel that over the course of the season Rafas persistence and pure stubborness in sticking with Kuyt will prove costly. Now i hope im wrong, but i just get that horrible feeling in my stomach, when i think of his first touch!!

Yes he is a work horse, but so is Kevin Kilbane!! Its fecking quality thats needed out wide if we are to make any impact this year.

Keane is working hard and making the runs, but he does need a goal and the further he goes without one the greater the pressure as no doubt the media will be on his back like a shot!!

corn02

Kuyt has been a lot more efective at the start of this season than Keane, and that is playing out of position.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on August 28, 2008, 04:07:12 PM
Kuyt has been a lot more efective at the start of this season than Keane, and that is playing out of position.

I would think Keane will improve when he settles as the season goes on, we have seen what Dirk has to offer and it isnt great.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Off The Fence

In fairness to Keane Corn the supply of ball particularly from Gerrard has been brutal!  I wouldn't be Keane's biggest fan and I would dearly love to see him rattle the net soon but players need to start playing around him.  Through no fault of his own, how many times was Torres standing on the left win or right wing kicking balls 10 yards back to Aurelio, Carra etc.  If the two boys had fecking support coming down the wings, I honestly think it would be a different story.

When I'm here, just a word on last night.  Very lacklustre performance.  Again the back four looked shakey and you always felt unease when they run at Carra.  Stevie G was horrendous and it was shoot on sight for him for the majority of the game.  He was shooting from some ridiculous angles!  Yossi did absolutely nothing and offered nothing at all in the position he was playing!  If we are being honest with ourselves folks, any decent team would have torn us apart.

Was on holidays recently and a fella was on the plane with me couldn't wait to get home to get to the bookies to put money on Rafa being the first manager out (what are the odds on that by the way?) with everything going on behind the scenes, it certainly not a thing I would rule out.

corn02

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2008, 04:12:30 PM

I would think Keane will improve when he settles as the season goes on, we have seen what Dirk has to offer and it isnt great.

Kuyt's record in Europe is surey one of the best I hink it is 9 in the last 14 - mostly from the wing. Superb and with some big goals too.

He needs more in the league, sure, but he scores the winner to make us about 15million and all people do is berate him and say he was lucky (how many goals have been lucky from players). Give the man credit when he deserves it.

Stalin

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2008, 01:49:40 PM
I know the "Kuyt problem" has been visited many times but i feel compelled to keep it going. He is not good enough, his goal sums him up, off his knee. He does not have the pace, skill levels or intelligence to play out wide. Liverpool will never win the Premier League when he is atrting the majority of games. I remember a game last year against United, he was chasing ball with Evra, Evra was running about 75% speed and easily beat him to the ball. Nobody doubts his work rate, it is immense but it isnt enough at the highest level.

Minder I really dont get your point about how Kuyts goal sums him up. He done incredibly well to get on the end of that cross, onto the end of a good paced ball past the last defender, after 117minutes of football. What the hell does it matter whether it went in off the front of his foot or his bell-end, a goals a goal and when you're that close in any touch goalwards is paramount, im sure any striker well tell you that.

You and the other haterS would do well to remember he is a striker playing out of position.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on August 28, 2008, 04:25:22 PM

Kuyt's record in Europe is surey one of the best I hink it is 9 in the last 14 - mostly from the wing. Superb and with some big goals too.

He needs more in the league, sure, but he scores the winner to make us about 15million and all people do is berate him and say he was lucky (how many goals have been lucky from players). Give the man credit when he deserves it.

Kuyt is beginning to remind me of Garcia. Everyone complains about him but he's gotten into a habit of scoring some important goals just when you've had enough of him.

Whacker

Quote from: corn02 on August 28, 2008, 04:25:22 PM

Jesus Corn that Kuyt is a right bollocks!!

Gabriel_Hurl

So we've got PSV, Marseille and Atletico Madrid in the CL draw

Thoughts?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 28, 2008, 05:53:50 PM
So we've got PSV, Marseille and Atletico Madrid in the CL draw

Thoughts?

Atletico from the last pot was a bit of a sting in the tail. Was looking fairly straighforward up to then. Still think we'll go through all the same.

Think PSV aren't as strong as they used to be.
Marseille can be handy on their day but we did win over there fairly easily last season when we needed to.
Atletico by all accounts very good going forward but not so good defensively.

Either way we'll have to improve from the Liege games which I think we will.

ExiledGael

Nasty enough draw for Liverpool. Atletico was a real sting in the tail and the build up will be all about the Spanish links.
But this could suit Liverpool who will need to take every game as if it's almost a knock-out. Certainly nowhere you could say there's a guaranteed three points or a handy evening.

Gabriel_Hurl

10 points would be enough to get you through?

Rossie11

Athletico will be very tough.. They used the cash from Torres to build a strong squad
Maniche, Forlan, Motta, Luis Garcia, Simao, Assuncao, Maxi Rodriguez, Pongolle and the big Czech lad at the back with the headband
They would cause problems for anyone.