The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2008, 02:08:41 PM
Gary Mac seems to be a really nice lad, and he did a great job for Liverpool. However, he doesn't make my team of favourite players because he only was with LFC for a short time, and most of his best years were at Leeds or Cov.

He's also had a very rough time of it lately with his wife dying..Would like to see Leeds go up just for his sake he's also quite good when he is analysing on Sky
You'll Never Walk Alone.

girt_giggler

My wee bro met Aldo on sat night past there in Ballygalley Castle Hotel.  He was staying there as he was the guest at Wellington Rec FC (Larne) end of season doo wherever it was being held that night.

isourboydownyet

met aldo in spain 3 weeks ago when i was over golfing,he was playing a couple of holes in front of me and got talking to him in the bar afterwards,and as people have already said a real gent,would have talked all day with no airs or graces

heganboy

Oh Christ- there's no way of doing this without seeming like I am 100 years old:

Clemence
Neal          Hansen      A.Kennedy
Keegan    E.Hughes    Molby   Barnes
                 Dalglish
           Fowler        Rush

Subs: Brucie, Sammy Lee, Steve Nicol, Souness, Phelan, Aldridge, Ray Kennedy
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

bingobus

Quote from: heganboy on May 13, 2008, 05:36:08 PM
Oh Christ- there's no way of doing this without seeming like I am 100 years old:

Clemence
Neal          Hansen      A.Kennedy
Keegan    E.Hughes    Molby   Barnes
                 Dalglish
           Fowler        Rush

Subs: Brucie, Sammy Lee, Steve Nicol, Souness, Phelan, Aldridge, Ray Kennedy

Terry never played for the Pool  ;)

Chrisowc

Play a striker in the hole in a 3 4 1 2 formation and we will all think you are part of the Championship Manager generation ;)

You cracked it Heganboy!

I was lucky enough to meet Gary Mac's dad in Dortmund at the UEFA Cup Final.  He was staying in our hotel and travelled to the game with me and my dad.  A real gent.  He said Gary Mac was lined up to join Liverpool just before King Kenny resigned and then decided to hold off until he found out who the new manager would be.  The deal fell through once Sounness got the job.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

brokencrossbar1

QuoteLEE RETURNS AS ASSISTANT MANAGER
Paul Hassall 16 May 2008 
  Liverpool have today confirmed that Sammy Lee will return to Anfield in the role of assistant manager. 
The former Reds midfielder has agreed to a third spell at the club as a replacement for first-team coach Alex Miller, who left to take over as manager of Japanese outfit JEF United Ciba last week.

The 49-year-old first made an impression with Liverpool during the halcyon days of the late 1970s/early 1980s when, as a player, he helped the all-conquering Reds to three League titles, four League Cups and two European Cups before moving to QPR in 1986, with later spells at Osasuna, Southampton and Bolton.

He returned to Liverpool as reserve team manager under Graeme Souness in 1993 and maintained his role in the backroom staff under both Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier, with the latter promoting him to first team coach.

He would remain at Anfield until the summer of 2004, playing a valuable role in the treble success of 2001, until the arrival of Rafael Benitez coincided with Lee's decision to leave the club for a full-time position within the England camp.

He returned to the Premier League in June 2005 as assistant to Sam Allardyce at another former club, Bolton, where he would eventually take over the hot-seat in April 2007.

However, he was not given time to flourish at the Reebok Stadium and just six months later he was relieved of his duties.

I actually think thsi may be the most important signing Liverpool make this summer.  He may not be a great no. 1 but he is a good no.2.  I think I said a number of months ago that he was needed.  The link with the glory days is important to maintain as it helps gel things together.  Also it takes the pressure off Rafa.

Now lets get the few players that are needed ASAP and have a nice relaxing summer ;D

AZOffaly

Sure Sammy could tog out himself. I decent little right sided midfielder as well.

Mentalman

Liverpool move for defender Degen 

Liverpool have made their first transfer move of the summer, swooping for Borussia Dortmund's Philipp Degen on a free transfer.

The Switzerland international defender will move to Anfield on 1 July when his current deal with the German club ends.

The 25-year-old former Basel player will compete with Alvaro Arbeloa and Steve Finnan for the right-back berth.

"His strength is going forward," Anfield manager Rafael Benitez told Liverpool's website.

"He is an offensive player with great energy and a winning mentality.

"He also played in the Champions League during his time with Basel and so is used to top-level football."

Degen - whose twin brother David plays for Basel - has made 26 appearances for Switzerland since making his international debut in 2005.

He spent three seasons at Dortmund, making 70 appearances before opting to move to Anfield.

"When I received the offer from Liverpool, there was no doubt I would accept it," said Degen.

"They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and I am looking forward to the challenge of establishing myself there and playing in the best league there is."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7409840.stm

I hope I'm wrong, but this seems like the now annual squad filling with available cheap signings a al Vorinin etc.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

gawa316

Quote from: Mentalman on May 20, 2008, 09:18:08 AM
Liverpool move for defender Degen 

Liverpool have made their first transfer move of the summer, swooping for Borussia Dortmund's Philipp Degen on a free transfer.

The Switzerland international defender will move to Anfield on 1 July when his current deal with the German club ends.

The 25-year-old former Basel player will compete with Alvaro Arbeloa and Steve Finnan for the right-back berth.

"His strength is going forward," Anfield manager Rafael Benitez told Liverpool's website.

"He is an offensive player with great energy and a winning mentality.

"He also played in the Champions League during his time with Basel and so is used to top-level football."

Degen - whose twin brother David plays for Basel - has made 26 appearances for Switzerland since making his international debut in 2005.

He spent three seasons at Dortmund, making 70 appearances before opting to move to Anfield.

"When I received the offer from Liverpool, there was no doubt I would accept it," said Degen.

"They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and I am looking forward to the challenge of establishing myself there and playing in the best league there is."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7409840.stm

I hope I'm wrong, but this seems like the now annual squad filling with available cheap signings a al Vorinin etc.

Well thats the title in the bag then!!!

I'll wait and make judgement but just goes to show how far we are behind the likes of chelski who pay nearly 17 mil for a right back and utd who are being linked with Alves

Hound

Favourite team:

Grobbelaar
Nicol - Hansen - Lawrenson - Beglin
Whelan - Souness - McDermott - Barnes
Dalglish - Torres

Mentalman

Favourite team:

Grobbelaar

Nicol - Carragher - Hansen - Beglin

Gerrard - Souness - Whelan - Barnes

Dalglish
                  Rush
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

new devil

Quote from: Hound on May 20, 2008, 01:28:13 PM
Favourite team:

Grobbelaar
Dalglish - Torres

Torres!!!!!! After 1 year ::)

Minder

Quote from: new devil on May 20, 2008, 03:11:47 PM
Favourite team:

Grobbelaar
Dalglish - Torres

And why not? A lot of Utd fans have Rooney in their greatest teams after just a few years of over hyped under performing........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on May 20, 2008, 03:14:49 PM
Quote from: new devil on May 20, 2008, 03:11:47 PM
Favourite team:

Grobbelaar
Dalglish - Torres

And why not? A lot of Utd fans have Rooney in their greatest teams after just a few years of over hyped under performing........

2 wrongs do not make a right ::) ;)