The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo-08

yep, reckon carragher will be rb again. I dont like him there but thats what rafa did for both legs against arsenal so doubt there'll be any changes. Gerrard is a doubt I see but I'd expect him to play. The questions for rafa are: 1 - Does he start Crouch in a 4-4-2, another goal yesterday for the big guy and he would definitely cause some trouble for the chelsea attack. 2 - Alonso's form is worrying - I only saw highlights of yesterdays game but when Alonso came on, he seemed to give the ball away 2-3 times in danger areas. Not good. 3 - Does he start babel or use him as a sub like 2nd leg v arsenal. For the 1st leg I'd expect a fairly attack orientated side, including Babel.

Anyway, rafa has a few options so it'll be interesting to see how he sets his side up.

J70

Alonso did look a bit off the pace when he came on yesterday, getting caught in possession for the Danny Murphy chance. I thought Voronin, for someone who is mercilessly ridiculed by most supporters, had a good game. Its a shame that he spent so much of the season injured, as he might have made a better impression, but I'd say he'll be off in the summer. The same for Pennant I suppose, although they might be kept if they're willing to continue purely as back-up players.

I wonder how serious the Gerrard injury is. From what I recall, Rafa doesn't tend to release bogus injury information in this kind of manner.

Chrisowc

Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2008, 04:25:41 PM
I wonder how serious the Gerrard injury is. From what I recall, Rafa doesn't tend to release bogus injury information in this kind of manner.

I was thinking that too.

I see Chelsea showed their class again by declaring interest in Stevie G.

Apparently the Chelsea media machine were promising all sorts of retribution for  the papers daring to question team spririt in the Chelsea camp.  Then they manage to get a couple of back pages with the interest in Gerrard dross.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 20, 2008, 06:43:56 PM

Apparently the Chelsea media machine were promising all sorts of retribution for  the papers daring to question team spririt in the Chelsea camp.  Then they manage to get a couple of back pages with the interest in Gerrard dross.

Did someone from Chelsea declare an interest in Stevie G? Never seen that to be honest...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 20, 2008, 07:52:48 PM

Did someone from Chelsea declare an interest in Stevie G? Never seen that to be honest...

Saw it in a couple of places yesterday. Of course it could just have been some otherwise innocent complementary comments on Grant's part being spun into a story where none exists.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2008, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 20, 2008, 07:52:48 PM

Saw it in a couple of places yesterday. Of course it could just have been some otherwise innocent complementary comments on Grant's part being spun into a story where none exists.

Now I was busy so diding see much TV, or read the papers but I see Grant declaring that he thought Steive G was a great player. Never seen him declare an interest as ChrisOWC states.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hound

Any time Crouch has come up against Terry, he's done poorly. But given that Terry has been under par these last couple of weeks, and Babel is far more effective off the bench, I think I'd go with Crouch for Tuesday.

I presume he'll go for Carra at right back. I'd prefer either Arbeloa or Finnan. Though I really don't know which two I'd then pick at centre back. Hyypia and Skrtel both seem to play better when they are alongside each other, rather than beside Carragher.

QuoteBit disappointing not to see the likes of Insua Nemeth Plessis etc in the squad today, but meh, plenty of time for them next year
It would be a shame if Nemeth didnt get one start this year after all the goals he's scored for the reserves (BTW, I don't think he is the real deal, but he does deserve a run). While Plessis did well in his one premiership outing, Jay Spearing has been the far more impressive midfielder any time I've seen the reserves play. I'd add the centre back Huth as another who might deserve a game before the end of the season, once CL qualification is secured.

EC Unique

Is Gerard fit for the game tomorrow? Talk of a neck injury keeping him out?

stevo-08

I'd say gerrard will be fit. According to rafa, gerrard wanted to play on saturday but rafa didnt want to risk it. So it sounds like he's improving. would be very surprised if he didnt play.

Quote from: Hound on April 21, 2008, 11:32:53 AM
Any time Crouch has come up against Terry, he's done poorly. But given that Terry has been under par these last couple of weeks, and Babel is far more effective off the bench, I think I'd go with Crouch for Tuesday.

Hound if you start crouch, would you put gerrard on the left wing? I dont think that works - he was completely anonymous in that position against arsenal. Thats the problem with starting crouch, it kinda messes up the midfield/attacking formation. But i do agree that Babel seems far more effective coming off the bench.

Minus15

i would think babel would start. He wasnt in the 16 at the weekend and I think rafa will go for a familiar 4231 with gerrard behind torres. with essien suspended ferreira will be at right back. babel could have a lot of joy tomorrow night.
Reina carragher skrtel hyypia aurelio alonso mascherano kuyt gerrard babel torres.
subs Itandje arbeloa pennant lucas crouch benayoun voronin

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hello lads, don't normally/ever come on this thread ( ;) ) but I have a question, which I thought I'd put to your good selves first, before I start a thread.
Friend of mine from Belfast, is looking tickets to a Liverpool match for her and her boyfriend, he's a Red from Dublin. Any ideas on how or where to go about getting tickets?
Either for this season or next.

Thanks
Tbc....

bingobus

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 22, 2008, 11:01:12 AM
Hello lads, don't normally/ever come on this thread ( ;) ) but I have a question, which I thought I'd put to your good selves first, before I start a thread.
Friend of mine from Belfast, is looking tickets to a Liverpool match for her and her boyfriend, he's a Red from Dublin. Any ideas on how or where to go about getting tickets?
Either for this season or next.

Thanks

Very hard for this season, only one home game left V man City. Only chance would be package.

For next season, must straightforward way is to book a weekend package. Will be sure of ticket but puts up cost as you are paying for flights, hotel and ticket at inflated rates. Also hotel may be outside city (Wigan/Widnes) with some of them.

Directly from the club can be a lottery, should apply for a fancard and can then apply online (never been succesful, as limited tickets released this way) or use phonelines on day of general release (expect to constantly redial all morning and success rate again low unless very lucky).

We get ours through local supporters club, so if they know anyone in one they should ask or better join. We have book ours 8 weeks in advance and for 3 matches a year we will get a block of tickets. Our club has got strick on members getting tickets for third parties. It was getting out of hand.

Good luck.

bingobus

Little talk of the match today...sign of nerves.

For some reason I expect Liverpool to get through over the two legs which I didn't expect in either of the last two CL semi's with Chelsea. And that doesn;t sit well with me.

Tight affair, would take anything with a Nil to Chelsea. Even a Nil nil wouldn;t be too bad, as one at their place would be realistic to take us through i.e 1-1, 0-1.

I backed Liverpool to win and Torres to score at 3-1 and am happy with that. Think he'll start Crouch tonight and so for the win.

supersarsfields

Yeah was thinking it was pretty quiet aswell. i see Norf is keeping his head down as well. Nobody wanting to leave themselves open to a touch tomorrow!! lol

Minder

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 22, 2008, 03:20:03 PM
Yeah was thinking it was pretty quiet aswell. i see Norf is keeping his head down as well. Nobody wanting to leave themselves open to a touch tomorrow!! lol

Ah fcuk it, we are gonna walk right through them, the tie should be finished tonight and we can rest a few next week.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"