The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I wouldn't say Barnsley played the better football - they only got out of their own half about 10 times in the whole 2nd half.

Saying that - their keeper was out of this world (and a former United lad at that)

The Real Laoislad

Didn't see any of the match or hear anything about it only  heard the result...
What can i say..Im gutted..... :(
But fair play to Barnsley they came they played and they won no more can be said...
In a strange way maybe its a blessing in disguise because as D:Ream once sang Things can only get better...They certainly can't get much worse.... :-\
Anyways as i said fair fucks to Barnsley its great to see clubs like that in the latter stages of the FA Cup,pity its at Liverpools expense but sure thats life
You'll Never Walk Alone.

glens73

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 16, 2008, 05:30:31 PM
I wouldn't say Barnsley played the better football - they only got out of their own half about 10 times in the whole 2nd half.

Saying that - their keeper was out of this world (and a former United lad at that)

I was just quoting Le Tissier off Sky. Liverpool should be beating teams like Barnsley by 4 or 5. Arsenal, United or Chelsea would have buried them, Liverpool have slipped well below that level.

stiffler

To be honest i thought the FA cup was there for the taking this year, the players are totally at fault for the result and must accept responsibiltty.

The team rafa put out was capable of beating barnsley, but there are players that arent fit to wear the liverpool jersey.

Rafas one more year(if he doesnt walk himself).
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

have to say i agree with j70,i couldnt give a good f**k about the fa cup,this year was the year to really challenge for the league but again we have failed miserably. We will probably go out and beat inter milan,but all that would do is paper over the cracks. Rafa turn off the lights on the way out. . . . .if he got another year all we would have is another dose of kewell etc
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 16, 2008, 10:29:08 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpaB7ya16Q

Great moments of TV!

That needs to go on the classic youtube thread along with his Boro rant.
Its Grim up North

the green man

J70

This week could spell the end for Rafa. Fair enough, they were unlucky to lose today, but luck shouldn't come into it in that sort of match. They haven't been scoring enough or playing well since Christmas and I don't see how they're going to be able to suddenly turn it on against a top class side like Inter. No matter what is going on behind the scenes, results like today and recent ones against the likes of Wigan should not be happening. As I said before, I don't really give a fcuk about the cups this season, but the Barnsley defeat is simply the latest and lowest in an appalling run of form and if followed by defeat to Inter could be looked back on as the decisive blow to Rafa continuing as Liverpool manager.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GalwayBayBoy

AFS

Reckon they'll be sensible enough to wait until the summer to get rid of Rafa, unless they already have Mourinho lined up. Hope to God they don't though, he might actually transform them into a decent football club.

4 - 0 to the CHAMPIONS!!!!!

myball22

With such uncertainty about the ownership of the club, it's hard to see who will decide who is to manage the club. If Hicks and Gillette thought that Klinsmann was the man to take over then I would be afraid who would take over after Rafa. I'm not sure any top manager who touch us at the moment.

It is very similiar to the dying days of Houllier's reign. I think they need to move to heaven and earth to get Jose in.

I have some sympathy at a personal level for Rafa but his time has come and the question has to be asked why far has he brought Liverpool? Not far I would say.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on February 17, 2008, 12:49:06 AM
I don't really give a fcuk about the cups this season

Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2008, 05:59:02 PM
have to say i agree with j70,i couldnt give a good f**k about the fa cup,this year was the year to really challenge for the league but again we have failed miserably. We will probably go out and beat inter milan,but all that would do is paper over the cracks. Rafa turn off the lights on the way out. . . . .if he got another year all we would have is another dose of kewell etc

I can't believe some Liverpool posters are saying they didn't give a shite about the result or FA Cup on Saturday..
Yeah its all well and good saying you wanted Liverpool to do better in the Premiership this year but that boat had sailed last November...so whats the point in saying you didn't want to win anything else because the league has gone
In my view any sort of trophy this year would be have been great,I understand what you are saying regarding the Premiership but why bother playing in these Cups if your not going to try and want to win them
Its not like Liverpol are that good that they can be too choosey at the moment in which trophy they would prefer to win..
I am really gutted they lost on Saturday,as its another chance for some silverware gone,and with the Premier League looking ever more unlikely this decade i for one would take winning Cups rather than be winning nothing
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2008, 02:26:59 PM

Its not like Liverpol are that good that they can be too choosey at the moment in which trophy they would prefer to win..
I am really gutted they lost on Saturday,as its another chance for some silverware gone,and with the Premier League looking ever more unlikely this decade i for one would take winning Cups rather than be winning nothing

Agree with you TRL. This snobery exhibited here, and by other clubs this year (Arsenal for example) is baffling. I don't think the Goons have won anything since 2004 off the top of my head, but they insist in picking what they want to compete in. What happens to MrWenger if they win nothing this year as well? Winning silverware is a habit, and CCup wins or FA Cup wins aid a sense of belief that can only help when the P is on in the premiership!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone