gawa316

I reckon Rafa should pick this team today depending on injuries

Reina
Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa
                Mascherano
             Gerrard, Alonso
Babel                            Kewell
                   Torres

Can easily revert to 442 with Babel going up top and Gerrard moving out to the right. Need to be strong out there with the threat of petrov.  Masch is essential to pick up Elano

gawa316

The Reds XI in full is:
Reina, Aurelio, Finnan, Carragher, Arbeloa, Benayoun, Kewell, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt, Torres.
Subs: Itandje, Riise, Alonso, Voronin, Babel.

Carmen Stateside

Alvaro Arbeloa will partner Jamie Carragher at the heart of Liverpool's defence at City in the absence of the injured Sami Hyypia.   ???

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Aurelio, Finnan, Carragher, Arbeloa, Benayoun, Kewell, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Riise, Alonso, Voronin, Babel.

new devil

heganboy

Poor again, could I say choked, would that be fair?
That being said, couldn't believe arsenal yesterday, yer wee man and his three hand balls, net result 2 goals and a yello card! And as for fabregas' theatrics, he should see a fine for that, not that'll bother him. 2 hand balls, a dive and the stupidist mix up and arsenal win 4-1, feel sorry for the other half...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

FermPundit

Liverpool were just ok but they really needed the 3 points today if they want to close in on Arsenal and United. How good was Richard Dunne today?? Probably the most impressive centre half in the premier league so far this season.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

redcard

redcard

Quote from: FermPundit on December 30, 2007, 06:06:06 PM
Liverpool were just ok but they really needed the 3 points today if they want to close in on Arsenal and United. How good was Richard Dunne today?? Probably the most impressive centre half in the premier league so far this season.

Norf Tyrone

At one stage I seen Dunne out race Torres!!

(And just to note that I'm not being smart, or running down Liverpool, I am simply stating my admiration for Donkey-turned-world-class defender Richard Dunne)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Over the Bar

QuoteAnd just to note that I'm not being smart, or running down Liverpool, I am simply stating my admiration for Donkey-turned-world-class defender Richard Dunne

On one balmy Sept afternoon in 2001 the same Richard Dunne played 90mins in south Dublin with Van Nistlerooy, Hasselbaink, Overmars, Van Hooijdonk, Kluivert & Van Bronkhorst all in his back pocket!  He had the makings of a decent centre half then.

Norf Tyrone

True OTB, but he had numerous bouts of crapiness. The last year or two he is one of the premier league's most reliable performers.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

5 Sams

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 30, 2007, 09:20:54 PM
QuoteAnd just to note that I'm not being smart, or running down Liverpool, I am simply stating my admiration for Donkey-turned-world-class defender Richard Dunne

On one balmy Sept afternoon in 2001 the same Richard Dunne played 90mins in south Dublin with Van Nistlerooy, Hasselbaink, Overmars, Van Hooijdonk, Kluivert & Van Bronkhorst all in his back pocket!  He had the makings of a decent centre half then.

We went straight out to the 2nd U2 concert in Slane after that. The best non-GAA day of my life by a mile.
The Aristocrat Years

Chrisowc

Richard Dunne was like a man possessed yesterday.  Absolutely fantastic!  I couldn't believe his goal line clearance then 2 minutes later his block on Benny's goal bound shot.

I thought it was a foul on Torres though that might have got him a red card.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

gawa316

Anyone know where i can catch the game tonight...internet or otherwise?