The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

All over...

Liverpool were very lucky today and didn't deserve to win..Should have been a Everton penalty right at the end
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

It looked dodgy all right. I guess the ref thought he was backing in.

Hopefully that will turn things around. I only saw the second half, but I thought they played all right in that period. It was a 100-miles-an-hour derby game - you're never going to dominate completely.

The Real Laoislad

Jamie Redkapp doesn't think it was a penalty..
I agree that Benitez is using strange tactics at moment..
Great win yes but in fairness they didn't deserve it in my opinion,You would never have guessed that Everton were down to 10 men and thats a worry in my opinion..
Babel hasn't impressed me at all this season so far,Thought Lucas was very good when he came on and pity he didn't score but wasn't it great to see one of the Neville sisters getting sent off.
I have a feeling Crouch will be gone in the new year,He seems to be gone out of favour completely,
I think we need another 20 goal a year striker as Voronin and Kuyt are not of that mould
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DirtyDozen12

Doesn't get much sweeter than that today...didn't play well today but got the result in the best possible fashion against the rivals.  Rafa still very negative though.  Should be playing Stevie G center midfield as we all seen how dangerous he is when he breaks from the middle. You cannot play Sissoko & Masc at the same time...cant fault heart but lack of creativity.  Anyway 3 points is the most important thing.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Neville to replace Robbo in nets for England - it was a great save

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2007, 02:55:22 PM
Great win yes but in fairness they didn't deserve it in my opinion,You would never have guessed that Everton were down to 10 men and thats a worry in my opinion..
Babel hasn't impressed me at all this season so far,Thought Lucas was very good when he came on and pity he didn't score but wasn't it great to see one of the Neville sisters getting sent off.
I have a feeling Crouch will be gone in the new year,He seems to be gone out of favour completely,
I think we need another 20 goal a year striker as Voronin and Kuyt are not of that mould

how many 20 years a goal strikers do we need?  ???

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 20, 2007, 02:57:08 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2007, 02:55:22 PM

how many 20 years a goal strikers do we need?  ???

what  ???  if you read my post i said i think Crouch will be gone so that means he's gonna have to buy another striker and as Kuyt and Voronin aren't of the 20 goals plus a season mould and with all the chances we are missing we need someone who will put them chances away and Torres can't do it all on his own..

And i said 20 goals a year as in a season not as you say 20 years a goal
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

sorry - it's early here - and I'm still hungover

Balboa

I think that was a massive result but i couldnt see us winning when it was 11 v 11, the finishes of Sissoko & Voronin (lump of shite analogy was correct today) near the end were a f**king disgrace. Would have had Pennant on earlier, Benitez is almost impossible to second guess at the minute, and he would have been hammered for taking the golden boy off if we didnt win. I also thought Andy Gray was his usual biased **** self today, when Gerrard  was taken off i thought (hoped) he was going to have a heart attack, its as if someone like Rooney, Gerrard, Terry are not allowed to be tactically substituted in a game. Agree Masch and Sissoko cant play in the same team, one or other, and it should be Mascherano. As for Sami, thanks for the service but get your coat the taxi is outside. Missed Torres hugely today.

The Real Laoislad

Benitez said in his interview after game that he took Gerrard off because he wanted players on the pitch who played with their head rather than their heart
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Geez lads you were steeped in it today!

First penalty was outside the box, and the ref COULD NOT have seen the offence. Evertone should've had one an maybe two penalties...and how in under geez did Kuyt stay on the field for that tackle in the 2nd half!! In addition what was Stevie G doing influencing the ref....and Carragher! Every time I looked he was in the ref's face!!!

Couldn't believe you stole it.

Next weekend's a big'un with Chelsea v Man City, Liverpool v Arsenal, and United going to the Goons in a fortnight's time.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

pintsofguinness

Jesus Christ, how much did the ref cost?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Owenmoresider

Yep, Everton were rode by the ref big-time. Unbelieveable.

From the Bunker

The biggest positive after the game was the celebration, good to see in regards hunger. Man shoe always celebrate when they get a result against the odds. Looks like we got payback today for the dodgy Chelski penalty (swings and roundabouts)!

Over the Bar

Liverpool have proven beyond doubt they are still a fair bit off being Championship winning material.