Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty123

On the issue of Ryan Bradley, the Sunday Indo said that Jim Mc Guinness expects all his players to be able to run 12km in a certain time.  Any ideas on what that would be for an inter county player?

ballinaman

sub 48mins I'd guess....

Runireland has a good calender of races. One in clondalkin in a couple of weeks time i may do. Hollymount in south Mayo in mid November is a class 10km race.

Bingo

Hell and Back this Sunday in Bray, its a 10km. Great event and more than just a run or race.

Rois

Belfast Telegraph RunHer 10k around Stormont on Sunday...but sorry, lads aren't invited!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on October 02, 2012, 06:34:38 PM
Belfast Telegraph RunHer 10k around Stormont on Sunday...but sorry, lads aren't invited!

Thats fine, I'll send her indoors ;D

Sexist race that RunHer thingny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Mr you're a week late as one of the biggest over in Bangor last weekend.

Check Http://www.niathletics.org

Next big one November but a few smaller ones in there.

Asal Mor

Anyone have any tips on motivating yourself to do more? I run a bit and do a fair bit of sports training but I'd love to do more. I go into couch potato mode sometimes and can't be bothered. So I'm looking for some ideas on how to motivate myself when I'm not in the mood.

ballinaman

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 03, 2012, 03:59:25 PM
Anyone have any tips on motivating yourself to do more? I run a bit and do a fair bit of sports training but I'd love to do more. I go into couch potato mode sometimes and can't be bothered. So I'm looking for some ideas on how to motivate myself when I'm not in the mood.
Start entering races, local fun runs. Runireland.com has a good calender of events coming up. Pick a race and do your best, next time you'll want to beat the previous time and it'll get out on the training run's when otherwise you wouldn't be that bothered. Always good to set yourself goals and targets, no matter what you do.

Asal Mor

Cheers ballinaman. I'll give it a try. I should be motivated by the thought of making a show of myself to get out and do a bit of training.

Bingo

Any one in the dublin or surrounding area interested in doing Hell N Bank 10km in bray this sunday?

http://www.hellandback.ie/

I have a slot available, entered a team way back and one of the lads has had to drop out. Its €45 to do it now but this spot is available for €25 which includes the chipped race and a finishers T-shirt which is very good quality.

Its a really good event and challenge, well worth doing and very doable, despite what they claim.

Give me a shout if anyone interested.

qwerty123

Anyone any ideas of where to get information on mud runs?  I've been searching but I can't find much about them, particularly around Derry/Tyrone.

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2012, 08:42:57 PM

Well that's the last time I do a female-only run on that course - about 2/3 of the course was on a trail that was 2 people wide and I got stuck near the back. Most of the women in front were too busy chatting to consider others behind them trying to get past. Ended up really annoyed for a lot of it and for the first time ever, didn't even have that satisfaction feeling after I finished that I usually have. Going up the hill to Stormont (twice) was very tough.

There's a "run in the dark" 10k in aid of an Irish guy on a Wed in middle of Nov (14/17/ something like that). It's in Belfast, Dub, Cork and a few other places. Belfast run is at Stormont.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on October 07, 2012, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2012, 08:42:57 PM

Well that's the last time I do a female-only run on that course - about 2/3 of the course was on a trail that was 2 people wide and I got stuck near the back. Most of the women in front were too busy chatting to consider others behind them trying to get past. Ended up really annoyed for a lot of it and for the first time ever, didn't even have that satisfaction feeling after I finished that I usually have. Going up the hill to Stormont (twice) was very tough.

There's a "run in the dark" 10k in aid of an Irish guy on a Wed in middle of Nov (14/17/ something like that). It's in Belfast, Dub, Cork and a few other places. Belfast run is at Stormont.

That would be annoying as fook.  Need a wee bell to get past people
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

I was thinking I could run with a pugel stick.

Bingo

Wrecked after the weekends extersions.

16mile run Saturday morning and then the 10km Hellandback in Bray yesterday.

It was tough going. Preparation of the 16miles and a night out in Dublin wasn't ideal but soldiered round it, finishing in 1hr 11mins and 109th home out of 1400 or so.

Its a good event but once doing it is enough! Didn't push too hard yesterday and just wanted to get round in one piece. Was absolutely caked in mud and dirt after it.