Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The GAA isn't just any other sport ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2018, 03:01:04 PM
The GAA isn't just any other sport ;)

Yeah better to play games in a big empty Croke park.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

26000 for the double header in Croke park, poor enough and if I recall correctly 4 or 5 years ago Dublin league games would easily surpass 40000.

slippery dodger

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 27, 2018, 09:05:08 PM
26000 for the double header in Croke park, poor enough and if I recall correctly 4 or 5 years ago Dublin league games would easily surpass 40000.
In fairness it was Kildare and Offaly in January and it's still a decent enough crowd. See what crowd Dublin v Kerry in March gets before making judgements. The Cork doubleheader in Pairc ui Chaoimh attracted 16,189 tonight.

Syferus

Quote from: slippery dodger on January 28, 2018, 02:18:05 AM
In fairness it was Kildare and Offaly in January and it's still a decent enough crowd. See what crowd Dublin v Kerry in March gets before making judgements. The Cork doubleheader in Pairc ui Chaoimh attracted 16,189 tonight.

You say this like you think Kerry will have any people at all travelling to Croke Park for a fecking league match. Kildare are one of the biggest draws for Croker outside of Dublin themselves. Clear sign of the times.

Farrandeelin

I thought there would be at least 10k more at this game because Dublin were playing.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Was there soccer on Sky at the same time?
26,000 is more than most Irish soccer clubs get in a full season.

Feckitt

Feckitt

The attendances above are the average attendance at every LOI and IFA club.  How would the weekends National Football League compare?

guy crouchback

another thing is i'm convinced that there is some sort of shenanigans going on with attendance count at games, mayo games anyway and the league in particular.
last year in the league id say that the attendance at each home game was under reported by at least 3000 to 4000

Feckitt

According to the figures above, the entire Irish League programme on an average Saturday would have a total attendance of 6948. 
The BBC send television cameras to all games, including the ones like Warrenpoint v Carrickfergus which may have less than 200 supporters, and they have a 30 minute highlights programme every Saturday early evening prime time.

I need to know how many would have been at the 9 matches yesterday and Saturday for Ulster teams.

tonto1888

there seemed to be a decent crowd at our - Armagh - game anyway

Dire Ear

Quote from: Feckitt on January 29, 2018, 11:51:27 AM
According to the figures above, the entire Irish League programme on an average Saturday would have a total attendance of 6948. 
The BBC send television cameras to all games, including the ones like Warrenpoint v Carrickfergus which may have less than 200 supporters, and they have a 30 minute highlights programme every Saturday early evening prime time.

I need to know how many would have been at the 9 matches yesterday and Saturday for Ulster teams.
Clue's in the name-- BBC

Mayo Club 51

Did anyone get the attendance from Clones yesterday? Couldn't hear the tannoy

Rossfan

Quote from: guy crouchback on January 29, 2018, 11:41:39 AM
another thing is i'm convinced that there is some sort of shenanigans going on with attendance count at games, mayo games anyway and the league in particular.
last year in the league id say that the attendance at each home game was under reported by at least 3000 to 4000
Official figures woukdnt include free U16s .
10,977 in Killarney  and 3,977 in Pearse Stadium.
I'd reckon 4,500 in the Hyde yesterday.