Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 21, 2019, 07:34:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2019, 03:26:01 PM
Sure ye only need 2 new signings and they will get 90+ points next year apparently  ;D

In fairness I think he said 3 players!! That was from one of the more sensible United supporters too.

Thought that was as madness when I read it and like you said, it was even stranger that who it came from and who supported it

gallsman

Quote from: Nanderson on April 21, 2019, 07:17:16 PM
Sergio Romero Keep. Best back up GK in world football and would easily start for most other teams

Really?

Madrid's two keepers are Courtois and Navas. I'd have either of those ahead of Romero.

Over the Bar

Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2019, 08:33:21 PM
Sergio Romero Keep. Best back up GK in world football and would easily start for most other teams

Really?

Madrid's two keepers are Courtois and Navas. I'd have either of those ahead of Romero.

Indeed.  Perhaps you missed the words "back up" tho?

gawa316

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 21, 2019, 08:58:03 PM

Really?

You realize they both play for Madrid so one of them has to back up?!!

Boycey

Only on here  ;D ;D

United's no 1 and 2 goalkeepers and their relative merits or world standings are a long long way down the list of current issues at Old Trafford. 

Over the Bar

Quote from: gawa316 on April 21, 2019, 09:03:48 PM

Really?

Yes. You also clearly missed the words "most other" (teams).

gallsman

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 21, 2019, 09:46:57 PM

Really?

And you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "best".

Went do you continue to do this to yourself? Some sort of masochism?

Tony Baloney

I have enjoyed these last exchanges  ;D

Over the Bar

Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2019, 11:49:37 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on April 21, 2019, 09:46:57 PM

Really?

And you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "best".

Went do you continue to do this to yourself? Some sort of masochism?

Went you realise you're talking shite?

Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2019, 03:26:01 PM
Sure ye only need 2 new signings and they will get 90+ points next year apparently  ;D

30 years and counting ya bollix😱

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2019, 04:11:39 PM
RTÉ: :

first time they have lost five games on the bounce since 1981.

Beat WHU last weekend.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 22, 2019, 11:08:53 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2019, 04:11:39 PM
RTÉ: :

first time they have lost five games on the bounce since 1981.

Beat WHU last weekend.

That should read five away games.   Spurs have a similar away form having lost five consecutive away matches in the Premier League.

Still have a slim hope of a top 4 finish with Arsenal,Chelsea slipping up at home to Burnley,Palace and United could achieve 4th by losing to City on Wednesday as expected and beating Huddersfield,Cardiff and Chelsea.

seafoid

Daily Telegraph

"If United lose again to Manchester City on Wednesday night, it will be Ole Gunnar Solskjær's seventh defeat in a little over six weeks.
Their current run of six defeats in eight is already their worst run of form since 1989. Five successive away defeats is their worst run of away form for 38 years. They have gone 11 matches without a clean sheet – the longest such run since 1998 – and Theo Walcott's goal was the 48th they had conceded this year in the league, making it their worst defensive performance since the foundation of the Premier League in 1992."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mouview

Quote from: mouview on March 07, 2019, 11:28:13 AM

Still, considering the scratch team MU had out, it was some result. It could also be a bad one though, as it may actually make top-4 qualification a bit harder, if they now divide their concentration between the league, cup and CL. A result that surely guarantees the OGS will be in charge next season, which means that inside 24 months, MU fans will be wondering who the next manager is going to be.

As I pointed out after the PSG result.

Who knows, OGS may actually yet turn out to be the right man for the job. However, giving it to him on the (emotional) basis of a wretched VAR peno decision in Paris was never going to turn out good. He has shown no form for managing at the top level.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mouview on April 23, 2019, 11:36:52 AM
Quote from: mouview on March 07, 2019, 11:28:13 AM

Still, considering the scratch team MU had out, it was some result. It could also be a bad one though, as it may actually make top-4 qualification a bit harder, if they now divide their concentration between the league, cup and CL. A result that surely guarantees the OGS will be in charge next season, which means that inside 24 months, MU fans will be wondering who the next manager is going to be.

As I pointed out after the PSG result.

Who knows, OGS may actually yet turn out to be the right man for the job. However, giving it to him on the (emotional) basis of a wretched VAR peno decision in Paris was never going to turn out good. He has shown no form for managing at the top level.
I'm clearly not a Man United fan, but I think every manager needs to be judged on their *own* decisions and let's face it OGS is dealing with a lot of dung left over from Mourinho. I would doubt the board, who will want results, will have selected him on popularity or emotion so the only way he can be truly judged is if he is given cash to make his own purchases and clear out a lot of the dead wood.