Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats my name

Let them play is right we missed out on promotion last year because we were missing a player with county commitments for at least 4 games now this same shite is going on this year so even if they lose the game on Saturday and are relegated are they still not allowed play on sunday???

cavanforever

would you see this carry on in cork or kerry?? no is the answer. after most games they are sent back to their clubs.

PhilsJemmysField

This is only a bit of Idle speculation -- I think that there may be a bit of trying to protect some of the u21 lads here. So by drafting in a few of them onto the panel means they cannot play for their clubs. Think it is bullshit believe fixtures meeting was a good row on Monday night so dragged on to Tuesday

cogito

Cavan team for the weekend is

JReilly.OMinagh.TCorr.DO'Dowd.MMcKeever.PReilly.DReilly.JMcCutcheon.DGivney.GMcKiernan.RCullivan.RFlanagan.NMcDermot.CMackey.EKeating

boojangles

So Under 21s are not allowed play with their clubs BUT 3 of them can play with the Senior team tonight.  ::)
Who's calling the shots here? Is it the Management or the Chairman?
Anyhow best of Luck to the Seniors tonight. Hopefully Breifni Park will spring some sort of a revival.

drici

boojangles

Not pretty but a wins a win. 0-12 to 1-06 I tink. Big Gearoid had a fine game and kicked 3 great scores but came off injured. Seemed to be holding his shoulder or ribs. Please God he is ok.
Tomas Corr was MOTM at Full-Back. Outstanding and fair play to the man. Good performances also from Mc Keever and Damien Reilly.
Louth were atrocious. Kicked 6 balls into Millers hands in the 2nd half.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on April 02, 2011, 09:48:57 PM
Not pretty but a wins a win. 0-12 to 1-06 I tink. Big Gearoid had a fine game and kicked 3 great scores but came off injured. Seemed to be holding his shoulder or ribs. Please God he is ok.
Tomas Corr was MOTM at Full-Back. Outstanding and fair play to the man. Good performances also from Mc Keever and Damien Reilly.
Louth were atrocious. Kicked 6 balls into Millers hands in the 2nd half.

Agreed.
Podge was a very good outlet last night at Centre Back aswell,he was always available for support.
McKeevers point in the first half from over 45 metres was a thing of beauty.
Ray picked up a lot of loose ball,and hit some good passes inside,but he wasnt accurate with his shooting.
Niall Murray put in a very solid 70 minutes aswell.
I was disappointed in Eugene Keating,Ronan Flanagan and Cian Mackey,as none of the 3 impacted the game like we know they can.
Stephen Jordan had one of those nights,when he came on,but that often happens and can be forgiven.
Cavans tactic of lobbing in high diagonal ball to Eugene Keating and Mackey in the first half,didnt work once from what i can remember.
Cullivan would have been a better option for the high ball in.

Breffni_Yank

At least we get a win because at this stage it wasn't about the performance. Hopefully results go our way today but I see that all the teams below us are at home so i doubt all will lose...

What is the story on next weekend. Can the u21's play? I thought they made a bit of difference last night - especially McKiernan. Three points from middle of the field is serious going.

mylestheslasher

After today results it seems survival is in our own hands, a win against tipp and that will do.
Where was lyng yesterday.

Celt_Man

ACFL Division 1

Killygarry  3-8 3-10 Gowna  Athletic Grounds-Crubany   
Lacken  1-10 1-8 Cuchullains  Lacken   
Redhills  1-12 2-8 Killeshandra  Redhills   
Kingscourt  1-16 1-5 Drumlane  Kingscourt   
Mullahoran  2-8 1-8 Castlerahan  Mullahoran   
Ramor United  2-8 2-6 Belturbet  Ramor United   

ACFL Division 2

Swanlinbar  1-4 0-9 Drumgoon  Swanlinbar   
Drung  1-9 1-8 Drumalee  Drung   
Kill  1-15 2-11 Denn  Kill   
Knockbride  1-8 1-5 Cornafean  Knockbride   
Bailieboro  0-8 0-7 Butlersbridge  Bailieboro   
Shercock  2-8 1-6 Cavan Gaels  Shercock   
Shannon Gaels  2-4 0-12 Cootehill  Shannon Gaels

ACFL Division 3

Mountnugent  2-10 1-9 Laragh Utd  Mountnugent   
Munterconnacht  2-17 2-10 Kildallan  Muntirconnacht   
Templeport  1-11 1-6 Corlough  St Aidans Park-Bawnboy   

ACFL Reserve Division 1

Kingscourt  2-13 1-9 Drumlane  Kingscourt   
Ramor United  0-11 0-11 Belturbet  Ramor United   
Killygarry  2-8 2-8 Gowna  Athletic Grounds-Crubany   
Lacken  1-12 1-4 Cuchullains  Lacken   

ACFL Reserve Division 2

Swanlinbar  0-10 1-11 Drumgoon  Swanlinbar   
Drung  1-9 0-13 Drumalee  Drung   
Kill  0-4 2-11 Denn  Kill   
Knockbride  0-6 2-12 Cornafean  Knockbride   
Bailieboro  0-9 0-6 Butlersbridge  Bailieboro   
Shannon Gaels  3-4 5-11 Cootehill  Shannon Gaels

ACFL Reserve Division 3

Arva  1-9 3-7 Ballymachugh  Arva   
Mountnugent  1-7 1-17 Laragh Utd  Mountnugent   
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

hassletravel

Did many of the 26 man panel play
why travel direct

Dougal

mossy corr did from what i heard
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

PhilsJemmysField

Fixtures for next week

Westmeath V Offaly

Waterford V Louth

Limerick V Wexford

Cavan V Tipperary

So all to play for.
McDermott & Mc Kiernan along with Corr played. The first two lads doing the majority of scoring. McKiernan went off injured

tommysmith

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on April 04, 2011, 11:34:36 AM
Fixtures for next week

Westmeath V Offaly

Waterford V Louth

Limerick V Wexford

Cavan V Tipperary

So all to play for.
McDermott & Mc Kiernan along with Corr played. The first two lads doing the majority of scoring. McKiernan went off injured

That would be the big worry going into the Tipp game if them two dont play.  Alot of lads are afraid to shoot and the amount of players who passed the ball on when in a shooting positon is a disgrace at this level.