Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 26, 2010, 12:20:50 PM
No dougal there is 4 lads from cornafean on that team..gerry sheridan is injured so it would be 5.. that was a great win for ballinagh/cornafean.. for all the gaels underage talent they havent won an u21 title in 6 years which is amazing..its been a while since they even made an u21 final.. :o

well doyle was the only one who played the first game i think.i heard doyle,reilly,caffrey were all playing yesterday,fergus reilly might of been playing aswel.they made the final in 08?beat belturbet in the semi?8 or 9 of the gaels minor winning teams have only managed to go on and win 3 u21 titles.what was the gaels team yesterday?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

rodney trotter

yeah they were playin in the first game as well against cucus kkere.. i wasnt at the game yesterday myself.. i doubt niall murray was playin he got a hard knock aginst lacken on sunday and went off injured. I wonder if kingscourt are capable of beating cavan gaels in two finals,,the gaels looked good in spells but were there for the taking as lacken hit some bad wides. Enda king was very good,id definetly have him on the county panel next season. pauric smith could be worth a look aswell,decent half back,very solid player..

Ollie

Was at the Gaels v Ballinagh/Cornafean games yesterday. Disappointing display from the Gaels. Ballinagh got off to a good start with a goal and a point but the Gaels came back and finished the first half strong. They were unlucky not to get a goal in the first half as they hit the crossbar once and also had a shoot saved by the keeper. The 2nd half Ballinagh/Cornafean dominated. They won a lot of ball at midfield and they took there chances in front of goal which the Gaels failed to do. Gaels failed to get a grip on the game in the 2nd hald and Ballinagh/cornafean capitalised on it. Have to single out Niall McDermott from Ballinagh. Very good at midfield scored some great frees as well. Would like to see him get a run out with the County in the league next year. As for our lads, McClarey and Maloney looked sharp in the first half but faded in the 2nd. Niall Gurhy was solid throughout the game. Can't understand why the Gaels cant perform well in the latter stages of the u21 championship in recent years. Puzzles me!

twotwocharlie

check out www.winonehundredthousand.ie       great value for 20 euro

potential income for clubs.

Denn Forever

Best of luck to Swanlinbar and Drumalee this weekend..

I got it right didn't I ???
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Good luck to both teams in action this weekend. It would be great to see both doing well.

Dougal

best of luck to swad and drumalee today.was intending on going but,only in the door from last night so dont think ill be going anywhere today.hopefully anyone at the game will let me know how it goes when they get back from it.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up-again

Can someone let me know how the games go? Hungover in Dublin after that thrilling International Rules  ;D

Obviously Ireland were never going to win with no Cavan lads on the panel!

Blue06

Results from Breffni today

Junior  Swanlinbar 4.16  Ardmore 2.06

Intermediate derrylaughan 2.15 drumalee 0.16  AET

Westside

Swad were immense today. For 40 minutes of the game they owned the ball, Gearoid and Mick Curran won everything at midfield while Mark Cunningham and Robbie Prior picked off points inside. The odd time the ball made it to the Ardmore forwards John Cunningham sorted it out. Ardmore did give them a good rattling in the second half and exposed a few flaws in defence but the game realistically was over after 20 minutes and even the two goals never brought Ardmore close. The Derry side didn't look great though and Swad will have much bigger tests to come if they want to succeed in Ulster.

Felt sorry for Drumalee they let that game slip through their fingers. They could do no wrong in the first half. Didn't kick one wide and went in a few points up at the break. Brennan was on fire. Second half the Tyrone side defended very well and if it wasn't for the Drumalee goalie coming for a ball he had no right to come for (resulting in a penalty) they could have won the game. Tyrone side went ahead going into injury time and Brennan kicked a brilliant 45 under pressure to level it. Then Darragh Gaffney kicked a wide from a scoreable position in the final second. He had a poor day from open play.. Extra time the goal just put the game beyond Drumalee but they fought bravely to the end. Number 11 and 12 and 17 were good for Drumalee (sorry not familiar with the players)

Denn Forever

well done Swadman aqnd hard luck Boojangles.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Swadman

Thanks D.F.   It was easier than any of us could have imagined, it will be the last easy game we have for a long while. Westside is right. The Down champs, Drumaness, will be a lot stronger and "cuter". nice to get to a semi though. Pity we are the last Cavan representitive. Tough luck Boo. AET is a horrible way to go out.

whats my name

i hear james reilly is back in with the seniors hopefully he'll stick at it we need him badly

Swadman

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 03, 2010, 01:54:34 PM
Why was mark cunningham not on the county u21s this year swadman. He has been really for swad the last while and will probaly get run with the county seniors on his current form..he might not make the county senior panel but he is worth a look at.
Mark has a great natural talent but his temperament is playing catch-up. He had a falling out with the u-21 management last year when they failed to put him on in some game or other. He doesn't lack confidence in his own ability but in fairness he should have been given a run. He has, in my opinion, matured in his behavior this year and as a result has had his best year with us. I don't know if he is yet strong enough, physically, for IC level. I will look forward to seeing him play against better defenders in Div2 next year, then ask me.

mylestheslasher

Gaels beat Kingscourt in the league final replay. 0-12 to 1-5 I think was the score.