Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Best of luck to the board member playing tonight aswell  ;)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on June 30, 2010, 01:56:08 PM
team for tonight,i think is.

1.darren murphy
2.eoin mcphillips
3.eoin smith
4.mark johnson
5.niall reilly
6.?????
7.kevin donohue
8.trevor crowe
9. adrian taite
10.stephen jordan
11.raymond galligan
12.?????
13.eamonn reilly
14.declan mckiernan
15.phillip brady

cant for the life of me remember the other 2 lads.thats a decent team,will be hard beat.
I'd say you have them all there Dougal. :)

Dougal

6.padraig cahill
12.darren costello
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

cavan4sam

just want to echo the best wishes of the other board members to the team tonight and especially to our board member taking to the field

Celt_Man

Cork v Cavan qualifier brought forward by four hours
30 June 2010

Cork's All-Ireland SFC qualifier game with Cavan in Pairc Ui Chaoimh on Saturday 10 July has been brought forward to a new throw in time of 3pm.

The match was originally scheduled to start at 7pm but after discussions between both counties and Croke Park, has been moved to a new time.

Best of luck to the juniors too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Best of luck to the juniors, would be great to win something at this level. If you go back in history you will find that Cavan won a junior AI the year before the won their 1st senior and many of those junior players went and played for the seniors including Killeshandras own Packie Devlin, after whom our pitch is named. History lesson over.

So is everyone going to Cork?

Homer

Juniors lost by a point 0-13 to 2-6

put-it-up

No joy for the lads tonight. Lost out by 0-13 to 2-06. Louth probably shaved it overall but the chances were there to win the game. To be honest, in the past I have looked down upon this competition but it is nice to see a few counties taking it seriously and giving it a good rattle.

On tonight's game I was particularly disappointed with most of our so called senior panellists. Phillip Brady was excellent and probably kicked 2-04 but the likes of Eoin Smith, Mark Johnston, Ray Galligan and Declan McKiernan disappointed me big time. If they want to kick on and get a senior spot then they should realy be standing out at this level.

Really worried about midfield for the Cork game. Givney won't be fit. Which leaves Galligan and Brennan with no genuine cover. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to coax Crowe in as a bit of cover. The other midfielder Taite, looked out of shape tonight.

Also someone mentioned previously about winnign two games at minor level - we actually did that in 08 beating Armagh and Antrim.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Thanks for the update PIU. So Eoin Smith didn't look the part and Brady did? What about Costello, McPhillips and Eamon Reilly?

put-it-up

I could have sworn I saw you there Lawrence  ;D

No Smith was very poor and was eventually taken off. Which got me thinking, with Hyland involved, where is Darren Smith of Lavey?

McPhillips held is own and looks a decent corner-back in my opinion but Costello went off injured I think and was replaced by Niall Smith and Eamon Reilly looked a bit off the pace to be honest.

On far too many occasions our forwards werent sharp enough to see a supporting run or a dissecting run off the shoulder and chose to solo it and turn in circles. But Phillip is like an old fashioned corner-forward, very direct. That is the first time I have seen him play in a while and I was impressed.

whats my name

Philip Brady might have kicked 2-4 and played well but his selfishness near the end cost us big when he wouldn't pass to players in better positions instead he tried kicking two over his shoulder when he had men running off him. i do agree with you on the senior players bit they didn't stand out at all Eoin smith was bad at full back he was at six's and seven's at times in the first half.

put-it-up

Quote from: whats my name on June 30, 2010, 10:49:55 PM
Philip Brady might have kicked 2-4 and played well but his selfishness near the end cost us big when he wouldn't pass to players in better positions instead he tried kicking two over his shoulder when he had men running off him. i do agree with you on the senior players bit they didn't stand out at all Eoin smith was bad at full back he was at six's and seven's at times in the first half.

Sure I just said that! He wasn't the only one that didnt lift the head though at crucial times. At least these players are being giving a chance to learn at a level higher than club.

Dougal

mcphillips and brady were the only two that looked like you would consider for senior.brady was quite selfish,and that would be my main concern.agree with most of the rest of what you said PIU.all the players were solid enough but none really stood out.

put-it-up

Quote from: Dougal on June 30, 2010, 10:56:16 PM
mcphillips and brady were the only two that looked like you would consider for senior.brady was quite selfish,and that would be my main concern.agree with most of the rest of what you said PIU.all the players were solid enough but none really stood out.

Truth be told and no harm to them, they were Junior players. Murphy looked decent in nets. Stood his ground better than Fintan did at the weekend to make a good save. Although I doubt TC is going to change keepers at this stage.

Dougal

the cork game has been changed to 3.00pm.glad the GAA did this,otherwise i wouldnt be home til all hours.