Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on May 17, 2010, 12:51:52 PM
Was this in the game against Bboro CM>>>Have I lost my marbles??
Aye the junior game yesterday - should have said that first!!

I've nothing to say about the senior game...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

The Dalton Cup team from Hoganstand and where they are from.  All Cavan bar one so hopefully the minors is a few years should be good.

Team that started:
Mark Fegan-Denn Glen Brady-Mullahorn Jason Rahill-Baileboro Declan Lunney-Drumlane Cian McManus-Teemore,Fermanagh Thomas Galligan-Lacken Paul Sexton-Cavan Gaels Colin McCabe-Ballinagh Matthew McKenna-Killygarry Pierce Smith-Crosserlough Ryan Connolly-Drumlane Ronan O'Reilly-Ballinagh Brian Sheanon-Killygarry Ben Conaty-Denn Darragh Gannon-Killygarry
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

dont know if it was already mentioned here,or if any of ye heard,that the league final was back on this weekend,with the winner taking the 2009 league title and 2 points in this years league.that was the plan,but the gaels have put in an objection so it has been cancelled once again.when is this farce going to end?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Jaysus that is a clusterfuck and a half...

Now I see there are a full set of double header fixtures going ahead the day after Cavan play Fermanagh in the championship... Juniors at 4.30 and Seniors at 6.  Anyone else think that is a bit much?

put-it-up

Why did we start the league so late? It was stupid..Dublin and Meath have their championship up and running FFS

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on May 18, 2010, 11:19:12 PM
Why did we start the league so late? It was stupid..Dublin and Meath have their championship up and running FFS

Yea I get what you're saying but the Meath championship is a balls... one game at the end of April, another in May they might sneak another couple in during June and July and usually finish off the group stages in August....  That is a balls

Celt_Man

Tonight's Games......

Wednesday, 19th May 2010 @ 8pm
A.C.F.L. Division 1
Denn v Killygarry
Kingscourt v Ballinagh
Belturbet v Ramor Utd
Redhills v Cuchulainn
Cavan Gaels v Mullahoran
Lavey v Lacken

A.C.F.L. Division 2
Cootehill v Drumalee
Drung v Shercock
Drumlane v Drumgoon

A.C.F.L. Reserve Division 3
Shannon Gaels v Killeshandra

Munterconnacht v Ballyhaise

Not a word out of Boojangles this last while.... He must be waiting for me in the long grass...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 19, 2010, 12:19:27 PM
Tonight's Games......

A.C.F.L. Division 1
Denn v Killygarry
Kingscourt v Ballinagh
Belturbet v Ramor Utd
Redhills v Cuchulainn
Cavan Gaels v Mullahoran
Lavey v Lacken

A.C.F.L. Division 2
Cootehill v Drumalee
Drung v Shercock
Drumlane v Drumgoon

Not a word out of Boojangles this last while.... He must be waiting for me in the long grass...

He's smoking a few splifs to calm himself down if threads elsewhere are anything to go by :D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 19, 2010, 12:57:56 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on May 19, 2010, 12:19:27 PM
Tonight's Games......

A.C.F.L. Division 1
Denn v Killygarry
Kingscourt v Ballinagh
Belturbet v Ramor Utd
Redhills v Cuchulainn
Cavan Gaels v Mullahoran
Lavey v Lacken

A.C.F.L. Division 2
Cootehill v Drumalee
Drung v Shercock
Drumlane v Drumgoon

He's smoking a few splifs to calm himself down if threads elsewhere are anything to go by :D
pintsofguinness would drive anyone towards substance abuse.

put-it-up

I know but feck me, we should have alot more of the league played off by now. I'd start it first weekend in March - we would be four games on! Its gona be some sham trying to finish the league up this year!

And am i right in saying their is no relegation from Division Two league this year? Was told that last week

BallyhaiseMan

our senior and Reserve Division 2 teams have 6/12 league games played
Division 3 reserve 5/15.
I dont think its going too bad PIU.

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 19, 2010, 04:18:29 PM
our senior and Reserve Division 2 teams have 6/12 league games played
Division 3 reserve 5/15.
I dont think its going too bad PIU.

Ah I know it could be worse, but Division One would be my main concern with the extra games and that. Personally I would prefer the league be played off before the championship started but thats just me. Then once your out of the championship, you have a few months off and there is no arsing about playing games with no purpose!

Lawrence of Knockbride

That's the perfect scenario PIU and it is Division 1 where the big concern is. I thought the idea was to get the league out of the way first but that certainly won't be the case.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 19, 2010, 06:30:26 PM
That's the perfect scenario PIU and it is Division 1 where the big concern is. I thought the idea was to get the league out of the way first but that certainly won't be the case.

Obviously that was not ever the plan though if we did'st start until April you know?

We're gona end up with pointless games being played in November again I think

Western Blue

Lads, Any news after the Mayo match back home,we got a bad local press this week down here  .ie showed no interest in the game a useless exercise for John O'Mahony's team !! I though we competed well in the 1st half in what was terrible conditions for both team.
Read Seanie Johnston  article  re his injury update..not looking good for the Fermanagh game.
No sign of Givney or Mulvey last weekend. Are they in trouble too.
Givney looked to have taken a  crunching knock to his back against Dublin and  Mc Kiernan looked in serious pain going off at half-time against Mayo.
We need them all fit fairly quickly.