Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Just read this and thought it was mad that it would happen - then I remembered what day it is...  ;D ;D

Star joins The Stars

01 April 2010

The Juniors preparations for this week's Division Three opener have received a huge shot in the arm this week with the news that ex-Irish soccer star will line out for them this season.

Gary Breen, who is a recent new resident in the millionaire estate, St. James' Court (adjacent to Cabra Castle for all us non-millionaires!!) last night had his registration forms ratified by Croke Park which will allow him line out for the club this year.

Gary has moved to the area as his wife hails from Co. Louth and expressed an interest in trying his hand at GAA, given his long-time interest in the game. We would like to thank the connections who introduced Gary to the club and wish him, and the rest of the Juniors, well for the coming season, starting with this weekend's match against Shannon Gaels
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Celt Man what sort of shape will the pitch be in for Sunday?
As usual I presume you's are letting the grass grow above knee level :D :D

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on April 01, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
Celt Man what sort of shape will the pitch be in for Sunday?
As usual I presume you's are letting the grass grow above knee level :D :D

Ahh trying to predict what magical surface will await ye in Hugh O'Reilly Park...

One thing I can tell you for certain is that if it rains the grass will be wet after that...  ;D

Honestly I haven't a clue, haven't been on it in a couple of days but I reckon the snow might have pushed the grass down to mid shin level!

beer baron

Went passed the pitch earlier-bring a canoe!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on April 01, 2010, 08:57:40 PM
Went passed the pitch earlier-bring a canoe!!
Ha! Just like last year's game!

boojangles

Taking it off football for a minute lads.

GET UP,STAND UP.

To whom it may concern,

The decision last Tuesday 30th March to place Quinn Insurances Ltd (QIL) in provisional administration has far reaching implications for business and family life throughout this region, and indeed the whole country.  QIL is a very profitable indigenous business employing 2,700 people in its various offices in the island of Ireland and the UK.  The Quinn Group employs in excess of 5,500 people nationally, and has paid over a billion euro in taxes to the Irish exchequer since its foundation.

This administration process seriously puts at risk all of these jobs and the knock on effect on the local economy would be catastrophic.  We in Cavan Chamber of Commerce are organising a rally to take place on Wednesday 7th April 1, 2010 at 5.30pm in the Market Square, Main Street, Cavan in order to demonstrate our solidarity and support for Quinn Insurance, its employees and management and the wider Quinn Group.   

We strongly appeal to you, your colleagues, your families, friends and the public at large to acknowledge the value of the Quinn Group Businesses to the development of this region by attending this rally.  We are inviting all our public representatives to address this rally and listen to your voice.

Please pass this email onto everybody in your address book.

Yours sincerely,

Eamon McDwyer
President Cavan Chamber of Commerce

The powers that be have taken our trains,they build a Motorway all the way to the Cavan border outside Carnaross which is an insult to all Cavan people and now they are trying to damage the biggest employer in the region.
Its time we stopped letting this Government walk all over this county and region.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on April 02, 2010, 01:32:18 PM

GET UP,STAND UP.

To whom it may concern,

The decision last Tuesday 30th March to place Quinn Insurances Ltd (QIL) in provisional administration has far reaching implications for business and family life throughout this region, and indeed the whole country.  QIL is a very profitable indigenous business employing 2,700 people in its various offices in the island of Ireland and the UK.  The Quinn Group employs in excess of 5,500 people nationally, and has paid over a billion euro in taxes to the Irish exchequer since its foundation.

This administration process seriously puts at risk all of these jobs and the knock on effect on the local economy would be catastrophic.  We in Cavan Chamber of Commerce are organising a rally to take place on Wednesday 7th April 1, 2010 at 5.30pm in the Market Square, Main Street, Cavan in order to demonstrate our solidarity and support for Quinn Insurance, its employees and management and the wider Quinn Group.   

We strongly appeal to you, your colleagues, your families, friends and the public at large to acknowledge the value of the Quinn Group Businesses to the development of this region by attending this rally.  We are inviting all our public representatives to address this rally and listen to your voice.

Yours sincerely,

Eamon McDwyer

The powers that be have taken our trains,they build a Motorway all the way to the Cavan border outside Carnaross which is an insult to all Cavan people and now they are trying to damage the biggest employer in the region.
Its time we stopped letting this Government walk all over this county and region.
............probably not the right thread is right Boojangles but are we to attend this demonstration regardless of what has been going on in the Quinn Group. I'm not saying there is or there isn't need for an administrator but that statment from Eamon McDwyer seems to negate any need for facts as the company employs local people. If the former administrator had gone into Anglo 10 years ago for example and there was uproar about jobs being at risk would it have been the right thing to protest about?

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 02, 2010, 02:00:10 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 02, 2010, 01:32:18 PM

GET UP,STAND UP.

To whom it may concern,

Yours sincerely,

Eamon McDwyer

............probably not the right thread is right Boojangles but are we to attend this demonstration regardless of what has been going on in the Quinn Group. I'm not saying there is or there isn't need for an administrator but that statment from Eamon McDwyer seems to negate any need for facts as the company employs local people. If the former administrator had gone into Anglo 10 years ago for example and there was uproar about jobs being at risk would it have been the right thing to protest about?
If ya wanna debate,we shud move to the Quinn thread. But briefly-
What are the facts Lawrence?
Why has QDI been put into administration?
Why is this being dragged back to Anglo-Irish? Has Quinn not committed to paying back everything he owes to Anglo-irish? Why this witch-hunt after Quinn but not after the rest who were involved?? He's got money might be the short answer.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I just popped over to the main thread Boojangles and I tried to get back here but you beat me to it. Last word on the Cavan GAA thread in response to your questions:
I don't know the facts-do you? Does anybody with an unbiased opinion know them who can tell the public?
I don't know why QDI has been put into administration (as above)
I can't comment on the last question but let's just see how many other witchunts there might be in the coming months.
My point was that the chamber didn't make reference to any of the above. It just said protest against what might be catastophic. A bit narrow-minded I'd have thought.
To the main thread.......................

put-it-up

Anyway back to the football ;D

And apologies that was a lame April Fool's joke by myself.. In my defence, I was pretty bored  >:(

Lawrence of Knockbride

I thought it was pretty good-had me anyway. Was a little worried you didn't clarify it earlier though.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 02, 2010, 03:20:23 PM
I thought it was pretty good-had me anyway. Was a little worried you didn't clarify it earlier though.

Yeah I thought with the lack of reaction to it, a few people had heart-attacks as soon as they read it ;D

BallyhaiseMan

From reading the Quinn Direct thread on general discussion, i pity the poor Cootehill fecker who has to mark an enraged Boojangles on Sunday!!!!!  :o
The poor lad will be black and blue come Monday morning  :D  :D

PIU
i fell for it,aswell!

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 02, 2010, 04:48:41 PM
From reading the Quinn Direct thread on general discussion, i pity the poor Cootehill fecker who has to mark an enraged Boojangles on Sunday!!!!!  :o
The poor lad will be black and blue come Monday morning  :D  :D

PIU
i fell for it,aswell!

Good point BHMan, lads will have to be instructed to get their retaliation in first!!!  :D

Denn Forever

Put it up

fell for it hook line but no sinker as I went into a corner and told nobody but hoping it wasn't true.

it unfortunately had a ring of truth about it.

Though I'm glad you told us before we went to the game tutting about how hard it would be to other supporter.

B**tard.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...