Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on January 12, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
I thought we mentioned quite a while back that there was no Pierson this year. Anyway have any idea what sort of a team will be out this weekend?

Sorry I must have forgot we said that...  :P

Not a clue, haven't heard much at all about it or the panel
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 12, 2010, 03:26:45 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on January 12, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
I thought we mentioned quite a while back that there was no Pierson this year. Anyway have any idea what sort of a team will be out this weekend?

Sorry I must have forgot we said that...  :P

Not a clue, haven't heard much at all about it or the panel

All that Christmas beer affected your memory CM? :P

Yeah im suprised the lack of interest in Cavan's McKenna Cup campiagn.

Though one can probably understand it, when new faces are brought in every year, thought its always the same faces once the league comes around.

The current situation in the goals is not looking great, and I will eat my hat if Eoin Smith does not get a chance this year at FB.

Be interested to see how Joey Jordan gets on, while our midfield problems dont look like being solved anytime soon. ???

In the forwards, I noticed that Lyng is in the Cavan squad - is he still not in DCU? Maybe Carr jsut needs to get a closer look at him.

Looking forward to seeing Gareth Smith playing as well.

Was surprised by the lack of u21's in the squad - expecially considering Ciaran Brady didn't take the job over that issue. Probably better of letting them focus on the Hastings Cup anyway as a build up tp their championship.

beer baron

mylestheslasher

With so many lads that have not really played senior and so don't have a natural fitness level that is county standard, added to no collective training and a lot of inexperience isn't there a big chance that we could get hammered by all the teams in our division in the McKenna Cup? That won't do anyone any good and indeed could be a serious hammer blow to these new boys.

anglocelt39

happy new year. somebody was asking about hopes/expectations for the year. hopes-promotion from division 3 and an ulster final place.

now, having dispensed with the delusion time for the sad truth. 2010 is the first time in over 20 years that we go into a campaign without a single player that has won anything wearing a cavan jersey at any level. think about it, christ its depressing. try identifying the one or two "leaders" in the current panel and it don't get much better. Tommy Carr, not sure................

expecatations, hold own in division 3, would rate relegation as a greater possibility than promotion. win one championship game somewhere. don't know enough about our minors or under 21's but past does  not inspire huge confidence.

on that depressing note i'll go back into hibernation and hope to be proved seriously wrong.

ps-new laptop, can't be bothered with the caps lock.

best of luck to y'all

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 12, 2010, 05:57:48 PM
With so many lads that have not really played senior and so don't have a natural fitness level that is county standard, added to no collective training and a lot of inexperience isn't there a big chance that we could get hammered by all the teams in our division in the McKenna Cup? That won't do anyone any good and indeed could be a serious hammer blow to these new boys.

No cant see it happening Myles,
We will probably be a fair bit fitter  than Tyrone/Donegal etc with the boxing training over the last few months,
Those Tyrone and Donegal lads would have been doing gym work,but id say very little Cardiovascular fitness training has been done in either camp yet.
They will both be aiming their training towards later in the year than us.
Tyrone will beat us,i have no doubt,as they just have far better players than us,but id say we should take Donegal,Saturday night

put-it-up

What was the team does anybody know?

Knew the game was on but forget about it. Any surprises to get game time?

omagh_gael

Well lads, looking a bit of help here. I'm doing a bit of work tomoro morning in the HSE clinic at drumalee cross in Cavan town. Could anyone give me directions to the clinic? I will be coming towards Cavan town from butlersbridge. Cheers!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 14, 2010, 05:58:23 PM
Well lads, looking a bit of help here. I'm doing a bit of work tomoro morning in the HSE clinic at drumalee cross in Cavan town. Could anyone give me directions to the clinic? I will be coming towards Cavan town from butlersbridge. Cheers!
I'll get in ahead of our local expert Boojangles. About 2 miles after Butlersbridge exit the N3 signed Ballyhaise/Redhills/Cavan. At the bottom of the slip road go left for Cavan town. Travel about 2 miles towards Cavan town and after you pass a Maxol Station and St.Pats College on your left there's a little road to your left that will bring you down to Drumalee Cross. Unfortunately I don't actually know the clinic but that's where the Cross is. There's a filling station there so they should point you in the right direction.

omagh_gael

Cheers Lawrence, that'll get me right and close anyway! If anyone knows exactly where the clinic is it'd be much appreciated!

Homer

If you mean the HSE office (not a clinic as far as I know) beside the Orchard Bar at Drumalee Cross. Basically follow Lawrence's directions to Drumalee Cross and you'll find it on the right just before the cross.

Assuming from your username that you're going from Omagh:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Omagh,+Tyrone&daddr=54.001205,-7.353898&hl=en&geocode=%3BFTX-NwMd1smP_w&mra=ls&sll=54.001747,-7.354252&sspn=0.003052,0.009624&ie=UTF8&z=9

Western Blue

Hi , I am thinking of travelling from the West on Sat afternoon to see the Cavan/ Donegal match. Do you think the match will go ahead.  Would like to see what talent/players Cavan  have for 2010

boojangles

Without trying to be pedantic (or trying to show Lawrence up :P) or trying to confuse you Omagh if you travel on up the N3 and take the Cootehill exit on your left it will bring you straight in by the Orchard Bar on the right handside.The HSE centre is located in the back car park of the Orchard.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on January 14, 2010, 09:09:19 PM

Without trying to be pedantic (or trying to show Lawrence up :P) or trying to confuse you Omagh if you travel on up the N3 and take the Cootehill exit on your left it will bring you straight in by the Orchard Bar on the right handside.The HSE centre is located in the back car park of the Orchard.

Yeh, was wondering what them boys were on about alright!

I'd be surprised if the game is off. Given to warm up next few days so only risk would be waterlogged pitch but the drainage should be good in breffni. Where you coming from?