Ciaran Galligan
Raymond Cullivan
Cian Mackey
Micheal Lyng
Ronan Flanagan
Jason Reilly
Eddie Reilly
Gerard Pierson

with Sean Brady, Martin Reilly, Givney, Larry, Walsh, Mulvey and Fannin all coming on.

BallyhaiseMan

Wouldnt pay much heed into Challenge games, Id be confident we could take Antrim home or away in the Championship.
I hope Carr isnt going to do a Keoghan and start Tomas Reily in the Championship,
Hes a class act and is undoubtedly a future County Senior,But i have my doubts whether hed be up to the pace having played no competitive games for the Seniors this year yet.

Wonderful day for Ballyhaise yesterday as our Minors won the Division 1 league,The first top flight minor success in the clubs history.
Great achievement for such a small catchment area. Hopefully Kevin Tierney and Aidan Moran continue their fine form for the County Minors as they were both magnificant yesterday.

I know AngloCelt and some of you will probably kill me,But i think this years Minor team is going to do well .It will certainly contribute a fair few senior county players in the next 2-3 years.

Packie Leddy
Barry Reily
Kevin Tierney for definite.

Drung

Congrats BallyhaiseMan. Great for a new club to emerge and beat the big boys.
Yes, the minors look to have a good team if the manager gets it right - a succession haven't, with equally good teams.
What I'm hearing doesn't instil confidence.

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 05, 2009, 03:52:33 PM
Wouldnt pay much heed into Challenge games, Id be confident we could take Antrim home or away in the Championship.
I hope Carr isnt going to do a Keoghan and start Tomas Reily in the Championship,
Hes a class act and is undoubtedly a future County Senior,But i have my doubts whether hed be up to the pace having played no competitive games for the Seniors this year yet.

Wonderful day for Ballyhaise yesterday as our Minors won the Division 1 league,The first top flight minor success in the clubs history.
Great achievement for such a small catchment area. Hopefully Kevin Tierney and Aidan Moran continue their fine form for the County Minors as they were both magnificant yesterday.

I know AngloCelt and some of you will probably kill me,But i think this years Minor team is going to do well .It will certainly contribute a fair few senior county players in the next 2-3 years.

Packie Leddy
Barry Reily
Kevin Tierney for definite.

Who did ya's beat in the final BHM? Congratulations anyway, its a great achievement.

I will agree with you on those three names from the minors you mentioned - they will all go on to play senior with the county but to be honest I think this year's team is fairly limited. They are in great hands with Mickey, who I believe will eventually be the senior boss, but last year's county minor team was alot stronger. Would you not agree? Alot of players on this years team are very average, though I do appreciate they are a hardworkin bunch.Have seen this year's team play twice and have not been overly impressed, though nothing would make me happier than seeing them peak when it matters

whats my name

i cant see tomas reilly making the seniors i hope he proves me wrong but he didnt even start for the u-21s this year in the championship when lads younger then him did like geroid mc kiernan and maloney derham. also i dont even think he can make the sligo sigerson team. i agree he has talent but not enough for inter county.

whats my name

good win red and black this weekend for your division 3 team you's might stay up yet who played well for you's?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Drung on May 05, 2009, 05:14:43 PM
Yes, the minors look to have a good team if the manager gets it right - a succession haven't, with equally good teams.
I'm sure Arva & Killeshandra will thank you for calling them the big boys. I didn't make the game as I'd hoped but heard that St.Joseph's kicked a lot of bad wides but that Tierney was class.
Quote from: whats my name on May 05, 2009, 05:58:38 PM
i cant see tomas reilly making the seniors i hope he proves me wrong but he didnt even start for the u-21s this year in the championship when lads younger then him did like geroid mc kiernan and maloney derham. also i dont even think he can make the sligo sigerson team. i agree he has talent but not enough for inter county.
A little birdie told me that Carr informed Tomás O'Reilly that he wouldn't be starting for the U-21s against Down but that he had impressed and that he might called up to the seniors ??? At least he was true to his word.
IMO he has all the ability in the world but he might never make it due to his temperament. He'd push Jelly hard for stropping from what I've seen and heard.
Here's hoping though.

Dannymcfella

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

PM me any queries

BallyhaiseMan

Maghera are doing very poor in Division 4
Theres only one relegated,They are lucky a desperately poor Drumlane team is there alongside them,or they might be heading to Division 5.  :o
RednBlack have your 2nd team played Corlough yet?
I think that could be a relegation decider.

the salmon of knowledge

to be fair when our lads(mountnugent) drew against killygarry i said to anyone who would care to listen that killygarry would win a few games along the way. they got off to a bad start but i dont think they will be relegated, corlough look to be in serious bother at the minute.
ye might laugh, but div 4 is a horrible place for maghera to go.  alot of good teams to play and alot of teams would struggle from div 3 i think.
just to let any of ye poker players out there know, hibernan poker is running a texas holdem classic in aid of mountnugent gfc in the ceile house hotel in oldcastle on the 22 of may. 40e to enter with 2x 20e rebuys. it starts at 9pm, so if anyone would like to play please come ahead!
thanks!

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 05, 2009, 06:57:29 PM
Quote from: Drung on May 05, 2009, 05:14:43 PM
I'm sure Arva & Killeshandra will thank you for calling them the big boys. I didn't make the game as I'd hoped but heard that St.Joseph's kicked a lot of bad wides but that Tierney was class.
Quote from: whats my name on May 05, 2009, 05:58:38 PM
A little birdie told me that Carr informed Tomás O'Reilly that he wouldn't be starting for the U-21s against Down but that he had impressed and that he might called up to the seniors ??? At least he was true to his word.
IMO he has all the ability in the world but he might never make it due to his temperament. He'd push Jelly hard for stropping from what I've seen and heard.

Lawrence just to take you up on that point about Tomas Reilly and this is not directed at you but it just raised some serious questions in my mind because I also heard that story about Tomas;.

How could Carr say I'v been really impressed with you and you might get a call-up to the seniors soon but your not startin with the U21's?That raises serious questions to me about his management.
So he sees him good enough to be involved with the seniors but not start with the U21's...Does that mean Daniel Graham, James McEnroe and Barry Watters are in with the Seniors, because Carr picked them ahead of Tomas to start the game.

Now I know Barry is strugglin with injuries but the other two are nowhere near the seniors and probably never will be, so if Carr thinks so highly of Tomas, why the bloody hell was he not playing?

Smells of politics if you ask me...

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: RednBlack on May 07, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 07, 2009, 03:31:52 PM
Theres only one relegated,They are lucky a desperately poor Drumlane team is there alongside them,or they might be heading to Division 5.  :o
No BHM didn't play yet. Will go a long way to deciding who drops alright. Heard the CCC threw out the clubs appeal over the Mountnugent Div 6 game as they had already published the table showing us losing two points and that Mountnugent didn't write tot hem saying they agree to replay it at their venue. Beggars belief the beurocracy with them at times. The pitch was dangerous and Mountnugent agreed it would be mad to play on it.

Last night the pitch was even worse and the ref told the lads "sure we will give it 10 minutes and see how it goes". A mud bath was the only way to describe it and the ball didn't hop once. Not a damn given about player welfare.
Bravo indeed to the county board. Once it's in print it ought not to be changed like the Fixtures times & venues and the master fixtures plan. Can anyone (outsided the county board) explain why, if TC wants to have a bonding weekend in Donegal for the county players, and wants all club fixtures postponed this weekend why most of them weren't shifted to last weekend when the majority of teams weren't playing? What we have now is the possibility of midweek games and players not being able to plan around fixtures as they don't know when they are.

the salmon of knowledge

Quote from: RednBlack on May 07, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 07, 2009, 03:31:52 PM
No BHM didn't play yet. Will go a long way to deciding who drops alright. Heard the CCC threw out the clubs appeal over the Mountnugent Div 6 game as they had already published the table showing us losing two points and that Mountnugent didn't write tot hem saying they agree to replay it at their venue. Beggars belief the beurocracy with them at times. The pitch was dangerous and Mountnugent agreed it would be mad to play on it.

Last night the pitch was even worse and the ref told the lads "sure we will give it 10 minutes and see how it goes". A mud bath was the only way to describe it and the ball didn't hop once. Not a damn given about player welfare.

i walked the pitch that morning with some killygarry lads, to be honest red and black it was fine. not bone dry by any means but where is?? the fact of the matter there was a full team of our lads there with 15 mins to throw in and not 1 killygarry player??? fishy no?

put-it-up

Lawrence just to take you up on that point about Tomas Reilly and this is not directed at you but it just raised some serious questions in my mind because I also heard that story about Tomas;.

How could Carr say I'v been really impressed with you and you might get a call-up to the seniors soon but your not startin with the U21's?That raises serious questions to me about his management.
So he sees him good enough to be involved with the seniors but not start with the U21's...Does that mean Daniel Graham, James McEnroe and Barry Watters are in with the Seniors, because Carr picked them ahead of Tomas to start the game.

Now I know Barry is strugglin with injuries but the other two are nowhere near the seniors and probably never will be, so if Carr thinks so highly of Tomas, why the bloody hell was he not playing?

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on May 08, 2009, 05:22:27 PM

what  ??????