Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

I'm glad I didn't find the ignore button.  This is like to watching Kevin keegan unravel live on sky,  except he keeps coming back to do it over and over. Surely he's the only kildare man so passionate about Cavan that he travelled to Ruislip and has intimate ties with the gaels too,  as well as an embittered historical knowledge of the management teams.

I applaud the top notch quality of your utter lack of quality sir,  I'm in stitches reading this.

mylestheslasher

I see the Derry minors are 4/7 to beat Cavan in the minor final with us 7/4. I thought the bookies would have it a bit tighter than that. Don't know much about the Derry team but they are back boned by the Watty Grahams club which has had phenomenal success in Ulster club tournaments over the past years. It would be great to get another minor title as for all the U21 success the minor has been pretty slow in following.

Blue in hope

Itchy
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #14610 on: July 09, 2015, 09:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Myra mains on July 09, 2015, 07:51:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2015, 06:32:24 PM
Oh I love games of guess who, I was great at it as a kid. Let's see Myra Hindley is very very bitter. Can't decide if the like or hate Cavan. Has made reference to the fact that we are all crap footballers on here so implying that he is a good footballer, perhaps county standard. Claims not to be from Cavan yet travels to Ruislip to watch Cavan, no doubt is from Cavan. Also claims to be from Kildare, why Kildare I wonder. Could have pretended to be from anywhere and even named a club St Kevin's to boot so has some small knowledge of Kildare. Someone who is on the net all hours so either unemployed, a student or maybe a teacher. Someone who hates the sports editor of the Celt.

Welcome to Gaaboard Seanie, great to have you onboard. How's the leg?
would mylestheslasher and Itchy be the same person? Il have 50 on that one!
Seanie, why are you bringing your sister into this conversation? I'm the fella that was in a pub in  with a Cavan jersey on when Cavan were in Ruislip. Do you know me? I've no sister but my aunt ran a 5k for charity so I'm 100% dead on. When you are at the Gaels golf tournament will you check is it run the same way as they run raffles?

It must be a cavan thing. Gaels Raffles and Laveys Lotto!!!. Its strange people only bash the Gaels and not others clubs who person does wrong!

Myra mains

Quote from: redzone on July 09, 2015, 09:13:38 PM
Sad how a new poster comes on and you'd Cavan lads don't like what he has to say so yous all gang up on him. Fair play Myra for telling it how it is
Redzone what you need to know about the Cavan board is Mylestheslasher is the boss and all the other lads must agree with what he says hence no real discussion .Itchy was the last New member but if you study the content of his posts and the timing you will find that him and Mylestheslasher are really the same person. It's just an extra back up in case Myles get in over his head in arguments like he usually does with seasoned posters.Itchy will appear with his five eights or sometimes vica versa depending on the topic. Anyone new who joins here is told to go back to hogan stand website , you know that shite website none of them can take their eyes off. Well I'm here now to ruffle a few feathers as a non Cavan man . The page has never been as busy with all the donkeys coming to have their say.! Even a couple of days before the Monaghan game wasn't as busy as the last 2 days. When you mention Seanie Johnston here you will always grasp a reaction from the Ds.i just want to see him back and to kick a few winning scored just to see  the reaction of the Donkeys here! Now Redzone if you intent posting here u should PM mylestheslasher tell him your not a fan of Seanie and you hate hoganstand posters and you agree with all his posts even the ones about cardinal Brady!

Myra mains

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 10, 2015, 10:11:06 AM
I see the Derry minors are 4/7 to beat Cavan in the minor final with us 7/4. I thought the bookies would have it a bit tighter than that. Don't know much about the Derry team but they are back boned by the Watty Grahams club which has had phenomenal success in Ulster club tournaments over the past years. It would be great to get another minor title as for all the U21 success the minor has been pretty slow in following.
it's probably based on the fact that they beat Donegal who were 2nd favourites for the All Ireland and the fact that they have Conor Glass playing for them who is probably recognised as the best minor player in Ulster if not Ireland.

mylestheslasher

Its been said before Myra and it ain't true just like I wasn't talking to you at a match just like I told another poster before (who I wouldn't be surprised is a previous incarnation of you), just like you pretending to not be from Cavan. Not true. 

In fact if you study this latest bunch of posts you will see it started with a fairly simple statement from me that I didn't want Seanie back on the panel. There was no abuse, nothing stronger than that. You then came on with the abuse (your first post was deleted by mods) and drew this conversation out. That is a fact that anyone with two eyes can see for themselves is it not. Now I am not commenting on this rubbish again so do me a favour and direct your nonsense elsewhere.

Myra mains

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 10, 2015, 11:07:17 AM
Its been said before Myra and it ain't true just like I wasn't talking to you at a match just like I told another poster before (who I wouldn't be surprised is a previous incarnation of you), just like you pretending to not be from Cavan. Not true. 

In fact if you study this latest bunch of posts you will see it started with a fairly simple statement from me that I didn't want Seanie back on the panel. There was no abuse, nothing stronger than that. You then came on with the abuse (your first post was deleted by mods) and drew this conversation out. That is a fact that anyone with two eyes can see for themselves is it not. Now I am not commenting on this rubbish again so do me a favour and direct your nonsense elsewhere.
i will see Seanie sometime today at the Cavan Gaels golf classic and for the craic il mention this and hoganstand website just to see if he even reads them.

Itchy

Seanie if you are walking around the golf course talking to yourself the men in white coats might come for you and I'm not talking about the unpires

Denn Forever

Even if he came back, how would he be played?  The ball never  seemed to be released quickly and Johnson would need quick ball (can he win his own ball?).  Our default position seems  to be to pass the ball laterally until we lull  the opposition into a mistake.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

He hasn't played 1 game for the Gaels this year. I don't know why this is being discussed.

Too long out of County football at his age to be recalled even if he was playing.

Itchy

One thing I couldn't understand this year is why Bud Fitz and enda Reilly who were on the panel got so little opportunity. I think bud got 15 mins against Galway and Enda made some appearance against London.

cavan4sam

Bud also played against Westmeath in the league at home and got our only goal. Played pretty well that night actually but never featured after that.

rodney trotter

Bud started against Meath final round of the league. He was poor that day

scoopmine

Staying in Div 2 was a big positive and something we can build on. I do feel its time for Terry to move on he has been involved I think in total 6 years. The progress we have made from Tommy Carr and Andrews is huge. I remember leaving Beffni hurting after Longford hammered us in the qualifiers we are a million years from that attitude. I would not like to see Seanie back I don't believe he would add anything. He has not played any football this year and not played any county football in years. Best of luck to him in the club scene. Hopefully there will be a return of Keating, Givney and Tierney along with a fully fit Killian Clark. Names being mentioned like Horan I don't believe are realistic. Tony Mcentee is interesting but he has never managed at county level. Is Peter Reilly the man to step up?   

Itchy

The golf mustn't have went too well.

I think Cavan minors are up against it on Sunday. They bet two crap teams, Derry beat much better. Hopefully the gausons can shock the Derry lads on the day