Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on July 19, 2007, 12:17:32 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 19, 2007, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: CC1 on July 19, 2007, 11:39:27 AM
Disgraceful... You have to feel for Crosserlough more than anyone in this. Could be a huge blow to their championship hopes.

I dunno he didn't train once with them and only played four games, id say there glad to see the back off him.

From what I've heard from a few Lough boys c4ever is spot on. Good riddance to the pre-madonna...

Lads just thinking about this, will we have a panel at all next year at this rate;

Jelly ??
Gunner ??
Cahill ??
Gaynor ??
Pierson ??
Gallagher ??

Also the possiblity of one or two boys hanging up the boots ?

We'll have a panel alright. There are plenty of lads that would give their right arm to play for Cavan. What we won't have is a bunch if self important prima donnas that think they are bigger than Cavan. I'd rather lose with 15 hard working Cavan men to be honest.

maverick

QuoteQuote from: cavan4ever on Today at 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: CC1 on Today at 11:39:27 AM
Disgraceful... You have to feel for Crosserlough more than anyone in this. Could be a huge blow to their championship hopes.

I dunno he didn't train once with them and only played four games, id say there glad to see the back off him.

From what I've heard from a few Lough boys c4ever is spot on. Good riddance to the pre-madonna...

aren't we very polemic on this board today ;D ;D i was talking to a an unnammed person yesterday and he gave me the scoop on the rory gallagher issue. initially when he wanted to transfer to cavan he was told there was no way he could do it without leaving his club in dublin. he didn't want to do this, which is part of the reason, if oyu can remember, why his transfer took so long to go through, as all parties were trying to find an alternative way get his transfer completed. when it became clear he would have to transfer the county board told him that they would be picking the club he would be going to. Gallagher had no say in the matter, and crosserlough was chosen for him, the county board were told that he would more than likely transfer back to brigids at the 1st opportunity he could. looks like nobody in crosserlough was told though.

on a separate issue, is anybody here subscribed to gaaresults.ie?  i got an interesting text message a few days back about getting free text messages for the summer and was wondering if anybody knows what its about?  ??? ???

cavan4ever

[/quote]

We'll have a panel alright. There are plenty of lads that would give their right arm to play for Cavan. What we won't have is a bunch if self important prima donnas that think they are bigger than Cavan. I'd rather lose with 15 hard working Cavan men to be honest.
[/quote]

Not sure if there are many of them about.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Homer on July 19, 2007, 12:17:32 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 19, 2007, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: CC1 on July 19, 2007, 11:39:27 AM

Lads just thinking about this, will we have a panel at all next year at this rate;

Jelly ??
Gunner ??
Cahill ??
Gaynor ??
Pierson ??
Gallagher ??

Also the possiblity of one or two boys hanging up the boots ?

Gaynor
Jelly and Cahill will be back

Gunner is of course retiring,

Dont hold your breath for Pierson playing again under this management though  ;)

Gallagher is gone aswell. Disgusting how he treated Crosserlough.He could have at least played out the season with them even if he transferred next year.

footballmad

Yeah I dont think you need to worry about players. Cavan have lots of players on the panel who really love Cavan football and want to make a difference. It wont happen overnight but I think we have a future with this group. Alot of them are young and enthusatic. As regards the Gallagher issue. It would be great to know why Crosserlough was the team that was picked for Gallagher? Interesting.......

Goin Down

When was the last time Cavan had a good team??
Remember This.

maverick

QuoteAs regards the Gallagher issue. It would be great to know why Crosserlough was the team that was picked for Gallagher? Interesting.......

it was decided that he should join a senior county club, cavan gaels, gowna, mullahoran were all ruled out as they are seen as challengers for the senior championiship and the transfer would thus be seen as too controversial. then they went through the county board and senior management team and any club connected to any representative was ruled out... so Kingscourt were ruled out as the county chairman was from there. Denn was ruled out as keoghan was from there. knockbride as rogers is from there, castlerahan as mcGinn is from there and so on... in the end they decided that crosserlough was the best of the rest that had no connections and that he should go there. maybe if he had been allowed pick his own club he might have stayed till the end of the year? Doesn't really matter now really.

inisceithleann

I feel for crosserlough as they've lost a very good player, but as a fermanagh man i hope he stays in the inter county wilderness and they new Erne manager whoever he may be does not convince him to play for us again. Fermanagh were a much better team without him, he's not a team player. By the way if he choose to make himself available for fermanagh is there any rules preventing him from playing with cavan this season?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

one has to a the question why cavan entertained him at all? i suppose it had the potential to work out, but when any man plays for his own county's rivals and was training with cavan only a few miles from the fermanagh/cavan border you'd have to ask questions.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Goin Down

Again I'll ask as no-one replied, mabye cause they dont remember i dont know but:
When was the last time Cavan had a good team?
Remember This.

CC1

Quote from: Goin Down on July 21, 2007, 01:52:31 AM
Again I'll ask as no-one replied, mabye cause they dont remember i dont know but:
When was the last time Cavan had a good team?
2001 to early 2002 I guess. They were a reasonable enough team. Got to the Ulster final and were unlucky to be beaten as they were all over Tyrone and like Monaghan the experience let Cavan down.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Goin Down

Remember This.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Goin Down on July 21, 2007, 03:52:34 PM
Thanks for that! :D

Is something funny about the reply?  Personally i didn't reply because I thought it was a stupid question from someone who spends most of his time on the coronation street thread. Maybe you should go back there and ask when the last time Vera kissed Jack was.

cavan4ever

Anyone here have any dealings with that p***k of a ref from Swad before?