Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I'm not speaking for anyone. Just asking your opinion. Why do you get so ratty when anyone disagrees with you? I'm not from Killeshandra, why do you think that?

rodney trotter

Fairly sure you said you were on other thread, maybe I took you up wrong

Itchy

Same parish. Not Killeshandra, we don't play in red which leaves......

Where do you hail from yourself Rodney?

tommysmith

I wish we had a Jamie Clarke.

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on April 27, 2013, 12:07:50 PM
I wish we had a Jamie Clarke.

If I had a wish I'd wish for Stephen O Neill, Brogan or Murphy.

mylestheslasher

I always thought Rodney was Cavan Gaels but to be honest I don't recall him ever saying.

rodney trotter

From Lacken,  never hid where I was from. Supporting Johnston during the transfer shouldn't have automatically made me a CG member.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 27, 2013, 11:00:02 AM
Rodney - try not to exaggerate. He is not even in the top 5 in Ulster if you ask me. Stephen O Neill, Paddy Bradley, Eoin Bradley, Benny Coulter, Mcfadden, Murphy. He's at around the same level as McManus of Monaghan, a very good player that needs watching but top 5 in Ireland not a chance in hell.
I'd disagree with him not being top 5 in Ulster Myles,
Jamie Clarke is way ahead of either of  the Bradley brothers and Benny Coulter(Benny isn't as good as he once was,although he is still very good). In my opinion,the only three on your list I would definitely put him after are Stephen O Neil , Michael Murphy and McFadden. He is a match winner and if he gets a decent supply against us May 19th,he will destroy us no matter who is marking him.
He suffers from playing on a seriously underachieving Armagh team.

anglocelt39

Biggest concern I would have about May 19 is the fact that you could rattle off about 10 names that could be considered for a position in the full back line but I would be hard pressed to pick an absolutely nailed on definite starter from any of them. I'm sure Terry has a fair idea of who he wants to start in there, which is the main thing I suppose.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 27, 2013, 01:15:59 PM
From Lacken,  never hid where I was from. Supporting Johnston during the transfer shouldn't have automatically made me a CG member.
Never said you did hide where your from Rodney. You're a very defensive chap.

Ballyhaiseman - while we could argue either way if Clarke is top 5 in Ulster, surely to say he is top 5 in the whole country is a bit much.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 27, 2013, 01:41:59 PM
Biggest concern I would have about May 19 is the fact that you could rattle off about 10 names that could be considered for a position in the full back line but I would be hard pressed to pick an absolutely nailed on definite starter from any of them. I'm sure Terry has a fair idea of who he wants to start in there, which is the main thing I suppose.

It certainly is a concern. We started with Dunne for FB and he got injured. McEnroe came in and did ok. The two corner backs Brady and Moynagh struggled and I think there are really 5 players going for those positions in reality - Brady, Moynagh, Flanagan, Clarke and McLoughlin.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2013, 01:46:23 PM
Never said you did hide where your from Rodney. You're a very defensive chap.

Ballyhaiseman - while we could argue either way if Clarke is top 5 in Ulster, surely to say he is top 5 in the whole country is a bit much.

If they were fit,i would probably put
Gooch,
Declan/Darren O Sullivan,
Stephen O Neil,
Michael Murphy,
Bernard Brogan,
Colm McFadden,
Donncha O Connor/Ciaran Sheehan/Colm O Neil ahead of him,but i don't know if there would be anyone else,He would definitely be in the top 10/ 12 forwards in the country but top 5 is a stretch so i would agree with you on that.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2013, 01:46:23 PM
Never said you did hide where your from Rodney.  ::) I was referring to Myles
Quote from: mylestheslasher

link=topic=53.msg1226071#msg1226071 date=1367062768

I always thought Rodney was Cavan Gaels but to be honest I don't recall him ever saying.

rodney trotter

I  was basing it on players who are fit, also I think Clarke is more natural forward than O Connor, Colm O Neill is quality but has doen his cruciate for the 3rd time

Westside

Jamie Clarke is an absolutely outstanding player. In Ulster only Murphy and O'Neill are in the same League. He is streets ahead of Conor McManus. I would be amazed if he didn't start the game against us and that would be a real sign that Grimley was taking us lightly. 

I agree with the point about our full back line. It could be McLoughlin McEnroe and Minagh or it could just as easily be Flanagan Dunne and Clarke. It would be no surprise to see McCutcheon or even Dermot Sheridan start somewhere in the defence either.

With Gearoid gone Givney will surely be asked to take up the role in midfield with Corr. If so let's hope he concentrates on doing the simple things right instead of going for the hollywood scores and passes. Or is there a chance that Hyland doesn't fancy Givney at midfield at all...?

Anyone have any news on challenge games or the likes?