Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Nothing official out on andrews so must have just been wishful thinking by some of his detractors. Maybe it would be better if he left but the policy of going with youth must be seen through.

BallyhaiseMan

Jesus that was bad lads.
In fairness though where would do we think we are going with a half forward line of Niall Murray, McKeever and Niall Smith.
Niall Muray and Niall Smith are very good footballers as we all know, but they are not physically up to matching up against the likes of Loughrey,Crozier and Scullion at this stage in their development.
Tony Scullion and James Loughrey must dream about playing Cavan, every time they play us the two lads motor up and down the field to their hearts content  and play all the football in the world with not a single hand put on them .
If at least 4/5 of that starting 15 don't get the axe for the Donegal game,we will be lucky to keep the defeat under 15 points.

mylestheslasher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4NgpDZq9k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vals after match interview. Hes a bit of a waffler! He has 6 weeks to come up with sone sort of a plan for donegal and i wish them all well.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 09, 2012, 01:13:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4NgpDZq9k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vals after match interview. Hes a bit of a waffler! He has 6 weeks to come up with sone sort of a plan for donegal and i wish them all well.

He is a clown and the county boards should man up and get rid of him and let the U-21 management team take over.

rodney trotter

He seemed upbeat in that link myles :P that was after they beat louth in the league last year. Hopefully the u21's can win another Ulster on wednesday, any word on barry reilly?

PhilsJemmysField

That was a fairly bad way / absolute disaster result to finish the league with. Next year's Div 3 looks tough already but at least we have Wednesday night to look forward to. Any news from the camp ?

tommysmith

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on April 10, 2012, 02:19:29 PM
That was a fairly bad way / absolute disaster result to finish the league with. Next year's Div 3 looks tough already but at least we have Wednesday night to look forward to. Any news from the camp ?

It was a disgrace but what else would you expect with a bluffer in charge. 

I dont blame the players one bit either.

cogito

Just seen the interview after the Antrim game.

Left very dissapointed. The fact we got more scores that Antrim is completely irrelevant. They got 4 goals. How in the name of god you can justify that by saying we got more points then i will just never know.

I would be extremely worried about our younger players losing their confidence at this stage. They look completely clueless as to how they are meant to be playing. Not sure on why we have Keith Fannin in goals either, I just don't think he commands the area the way a goalkeeper should. I would prefer if he got a shot out the field.

I was willing to give Andrews the benefit of the doubt all year but after the weekend I am not optimistic about our summer at all. 

Hopefully the u21's can lift our spirits tomorrow.

Westside

The overwhelming consensus about tomorrow night is that Tyrone should have far too much for Cavan.. Speaking to a few Tyrone people they seem to think this team have yet to get going properly and yet strolled to the final. Can we really upset the odds two years in a row?? Not much word coming from the camp. Low key compared to last year. Also, does anyone know if Cadbury's have stopped giving out the Man of the Match awards? None from the Semis announced like other years.

As for the Seniors, we need to see something from them come Championship time. 2 more straight defeats and I can't see Andrews justifying his staying on for another year. If that happens I hope the entire U21 management team are drafted into the Senior setup. Give them their shot with the young lads they've been with for the last 3 years and see if they can make a competitive outfit out of them.

scoopmine

Best of luck to the Cavan lads tonight. Keep the faith.

As for Sunday positive side. We stayed up.

Negative side. Lack of gameplan. We cannot afford to go out without a plan and expect Martin Dunne to kick all our scores.

Positive. Young players are getting experience and adapting to intercounty senior its not going to happen overnight it is a seriously young team.

Negative. Injuries Keating big miss our best target man and able to pug in midfield gone injured big miss. G Mac a great prospect and playing well but is still learning his trade great going forward but needs to up his defensive side. Hopefully Dunne is OK. Full back situation is not being helped by poor protection.

Positive. Players dropped the jelly situation has been talked about in great detail. James Reilly great shop stopper but kick outs have never varied lump it long is not good enough. Players have put in serious commitment and if that culture is brought on even with a dismal year at least that is what expected when you pull on a Cavan jersey.

Finally Val
I feel he should get a proper chance. I wonder about his management of players. I don't agree with him dropping committed players like Dermot Sheridan and wish Alan Clarke, and John McCutcheon had not dropped of the panel who were leaders both on the pitch and in the dressing room and could help the team in defense. He has been brave in hi decisions that had to be made that other managers avoided. But we are starting from a very low base which should not be used as an excuse but as a motivation to improve things. Alot of clowns on other sites talking about instant results and giving out about players.

Cavan for Sam!

Denn Forever

I admire your optimism and up beat posts Scoop.

Were the goals against Antrim down to the goalkeeper or the defense? 

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 11, 2012, 02:36:09 PM
I admire your optimism and up beat posts Scoop.

Were the goals against Antrim down to the goalkeeper or the defense?
DF,
The Goals on sunday in my opinion were the fault of the half forward line,who allowed Tony Scullion and James Loughrey in particular(who scored 2 goals) to saunter forward at will.
Damien Barkey was his usual sticky self,
DJ gave the ball away a few times,but he wasn't bad overall,
Rony Flanagan played most of the game out the field as his man was withdrawn into the Antrim defensive system.
As for the goalkeeper,
Keith Fannin was outstanding on Sunday,saving 2 clear goal chances,and his short kickouts were spot on.
Can't make the game tonight due to being stuck in work in Dublin City Centre,Can any of you lads put up a match report late tonight when ye get back?
I would appreciate it.

Ollie

County board is meeting with the players tommorw over the management. Looks like Vals time is up.

sams the aim

Any1 see rte news must have been a vote of no confidence at the players meeting last night, even the players he picked on his panel do not have and in him, a shambles the whole lot