Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

Was living with one of the u21 in the States this Summer.

He told me Terry's biggest strength was recognising his own weaknessed and putting men in place around him who gave what he lacked.

My own reading of the Hyland situation is that he is choosing himself that his priority will be the u21's for another year. This way if a row erupts about whether the u21's are in with the seniors or not from the start of the year then he can dig his feet in and fight his own corner. I imagine it is impossible to be the manager of two teams and have both their best interests at heart.

Westside

I feel this year is a big one for the U21s. With winning Minors and a good few of last year's U21 team, there is the expectation that they should compete. If they can once again get a run going in what is a very difficult and unpredictable Championship, even an Ulster Final appearance, then we may have a good shot of unearthing some decent prospects and giving real Tyrone/Armagh style belief to our underage structures. We don't want this year to be a flash in the pan.

rodney trotter

The u21s should be able to do well next year. A lot of this year's team are available next year so i would be confident they could go on another run. It would depend on the draw though, Fermanagh and Donegal wasn't the toughest of runs to the Ulster final..

boojangles

Killeshandra bet Knockbride in the replay last night. Man of the Match had to be the referee, Martin Brady (Lacken). He gave an exhibition in how NOT to referee a game. I have seen some shocking displays of refereeing in my time but last nite took the biscuit. A Circus is the best way of describing it.

rodney trotter

Tommy Lyons had a few shockers in his time from your own club booj..  :D but yeah Martin Brady wasn't great last night.

boojangles

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 04, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
Tommy Lyons had a few shockers in his time from your own club booj..  :D but yeah Martin Brady wasn't great last night.

:D :D I can't argue with that.
But the standard of refereeing has got to be a joke. Every weekend I'm hearing of games with 12 and 14 yellow cards being shown.
Like what are the assessors supposed to be doing? Referees are being rewarded for sticking rigidly to the rulebook. Whatever happened to common sense being used? Whatever happened to letting play go on and then booking a lad when play has stopped? Teams are not being awarded advantage in play. A team is through on goal but the referee blows his whistle to book somebody. Where is the advantage for the team fouled against?

We have a handful of good referees in Cavan. The rest are either not capable, only in it for the money or are too fond of taking sides. That's the reality.
It's not an easy job but at least they are getting reimbursed for it. 

boojangles

Well it might have taken until the last minute but everybody got the row they came to see in Breifni Park tonight!
Conor Madden (a 17 year old) hit a monster 50 m free with the last kick of the game to save Gownas skin for another week anyway!
Then all hell broke loose! ;)
The CCC could be busy this week......

PhilsJemmysField

All Hell might have broke loose but it was a great second half of football. McKeever had some game and Galligan's two points for Lacken was something else as well.  A lot of lads both on the field and from the sideline  will miss the next day

rodney trotter

Mckeever was excellent for Gowna last night. I was sure Lacken has it won after galligan kicked 2 wonder points but gowna battled back thanks to the strong running from Mckeever from the half back line. I thought Lacken played the better football but couldn't hold onto the lead although they came from 5 points down at one stage. Dermot McCabe was fairly animated along the line i wouldn't like to be a Gowna player listening to him for 60 minutes ;D Replay is not for a few weeks.

boojangles

Only for Mc Keever last night Gowna would be relegated. Simple as. He dragged them back into a game with his determination, strong running and accurate passing. Unfortunately, looking at him being carried off after the game it looks like he could be a major doubt for the replay.
A mention also has to go to Finbar Reilly who hit 2-5. Not as influential as Mark but he got the 2 goals at vital times.
Looking forward to the replay already!

Kingscourt Stars

Lads, just a quick post to try and promote the club's annual juvenile draw.

First prize is Two Tickets to the All-Ireland Senior Football Final along with overnight accommodation in the Regency Hotel and €200 spending money. There are further cash prizes all the way down to 8th place. Tickets are just €10.

All told, a prize well worth winning so why not try your luck and simultaneously help support all the good work that the many volunteers at underage level put in, not to mention the dedication of the young players as well.

So whether you want to be in with a chance to support your county or maybe you would just like to sample the experience on an All-Ireland Final as a neutral,just click on link below

http://www.myclubfinances.com/tickets.asp?LL_ID=277&CLB=1

tommysmith

Did you put that on any Dublin message boards?

I'd reckon you could do well from them with the big ticket shortage this year.

rodney trotter

Who will come through in the two Senior championship games at the weekend? Think Castlerahan will get past belturbet. They were well beaten by belturbet in there first game of the championship but belturbet had played a championship game played before that. Castlerahan have a lot of promise the last few years, a few good u21 teams but failed to anything at seanior level but think this could be the year for them. Think the Gaels will beat Ballinagh in the other semi, they have lost twice to ballinagh already this year but can't see them losing again.Crosserlough and Drumgoon to win in the intermediate semis.

Dougal

paddy has the odds up for this weeks senior games. castlerahn 2.1 belturbet 2.00,im really surprised to see belturbet as favourites.gaels 1.28 ballinagh 4.00.both underdogs seem overpriced to me.anyone no the injury situation for any of these teams?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

rodney trotter

Castlerahan and belturbet are both evens with boylesports.. Gaels 2/7 and ballinagh 16/5.