Next Decade of GAA Predictions

Started by Eire90, December 31, 2019, 02:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

Does anyone have any predictions of what will happen with then gaa in the next decade.

Do you think that by the end of the decade we will see a new format where provincials or scrapped all together or done sperately from all ireland.

From the Bunker

Dublin will win the next ten Leinster football titles.

Had to think long and hard about that one!

BennyCake

Massive disengagement by players and fans alike on the inter county game, with tiered championship and unequal funding.

Average fan priced out and bored out of inter county game.

Most AI games on Sky. Fans unable to see many free to air matches.

The AI championship regularly contested seriously by 3 or 4 teams, whose players have no jobs, but "funded" to play county ball.

HQ become more like the DUP, not listening to their membership.

Lots of strikes by players and teams.

J70

Sticking my neck out... eight out of ten All Ireland titles will go to Dublin.

Donegal will win another Ulster or two in the early years of the decade, but we will slip back again once Murphy is done.

tintin25

Quote from: BennyCake on December 31, 2019, 03:39:36 PM
Massive disengagement by players and fans alike on the inter county game, with tiered championship and unequal funding.

Average fan priced out and bored out of inter county game.

Most AI games on Sky. Fans unable to see many free to air matches.

The AI championship regularly contested seriously by 3 or 4 teams, whose players have no jobs, but "funded" to play county ball.

HQ become more like the DUP, not listening to their membership.

Sadly, I agree with most of this.  The tiered championship in football will not work imo.  Most will just get bored of the inter county game, can see attendances rising in club games.

Lots of strikes by players and teams.

From the Bunker

I expect a fair slide in the standard of the Mayo Senior team. There are a lot of top quality players coming to the end. The GAA will be hoping Mayo stay competitive. They depend on the gate receipts from the Mayo following.

Rossfan

Bennycake to say something positive before 31/12/2029.
Micky Harte to be against everything.
Dublin to complete 15 in a row before they big split in 2030.
Carlow to refuse to join South Leinster as they say are much too important.
3 teams to compete in International Rules series -Australia, Ireland GAA and Ireland AFL.
Martin Breheny to publish a book "List if my 50 best lists".
Roscommon and Galway to meet in every Connacht Final and FBD Final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoislad

Hurling will still be putting football in the shade in 10 years time.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Not to be all joe brolly but football has gone to shite and something serious needs done about it.

The Dublin thing ok but to me it's the defensive drivel that passes for football at many levels. Tactics are valued over ability. Some of the club football you see at lower levels isn't good at all.

There aren't very many county teams never mind club teams that can play some of the defensive stuff on view.

larryin89

On a serious note it's very hard to predict the next decade . There is a fair bit of excitement about Kerry and rightly so , they have fantastic talent down there . You'd expect the honors to be a battle between themselves and Dublin . Galway have got to be in with a chance soon too , need to still unearth a lee Keegan and Keith Higgins imo but . Ros will be decent simply cause they have a shed load of cash and some footballers . Up north Donegal and Tyrone strongest but look like they just can't find enough to actually beat Dublin .

All said and done I'd expect Kerry to win the all Ireland next year , I think they have a pain in their hole with all the greatness been given to Dublin . If they do fall short again and again , we could see major change in structure, so as a looker in do we want a sticky plaster put on the unfairness of Dublin dominance by Kerry snatching a couple of sams or would you rather Dublin win 6/7/8 in a row and then surely someone will stand up that matters .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BennyCake

Not a hope Galway will get near winning an AI, larry

Next 10 will be shared by Dublin and Kerry. Likely 9-1 or 8-2

From the Bunker

Joe Brolly to become Dublin GAA's full time PRO and Cheer Leader.

Tyrone to reach the AI semi-finals or Finals every year of the next decade (but not win unless they meet Monaghan).

Harte to start every year of the decade saying he is building for the future.

Mayo to come from nowhere get to an AI final and lose after a replay.

Media to say that this is the best team not to win an All Ireland.

An average Kerry to win an All Ireland against the head.

Cork and Galway to meet in an All Ireland football semi-final with only an attendance of less than 10 thousand. Much of the crowd is attributed to the curtain raiser minor match between Mayo and Kildare.

Cavan will make the Super 8! Get beaten by Dublin by 27 points. Media say that there are hints in the game as how to beat Dublin.

Jim Galvin (now a pundit) talks about how close Cavan ran Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on December 31, 2019, 06:20:10 PM
Hurling will still be putting football in the shade in 10 years time.

Yeah, Hurling has made great strides in Mayo, Antrim, Cavan and Offaly the last 140 years. You can't beat a good Derby game between Mayo and Galway in Hurling, totally outshines the football equivalent.

Rossfan

I must have dreamt about Offaly winning 4 Hurley Finals in the 80s/90s?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Casement Park will host a World Cup quarter final. The event will be marred as an aging Marcus Rashford is bottled getting off the bus by a disgruntled resident.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.