Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Fox Kerry only play a handful of games, sure they have plenty of time to fit in a club championship. How did they fair last year when they went through the qualifiers. Did they run their club championship as normal?

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Hereiam on May 25, 2010, 11:57:44 PM
Fox Kerry only play a handful of games, sure they have plenty of time to fit in a club championship. How did they fair last year when they went through the qualifiers. Did they run their club championship as normal?

your missing the point. clubs have bent over backwards to help the county team for years. it just seems as time goes on the county team takes more and more to the point the ordinary player is gettin well and trult shit upon now
First on the field and last to leave

Zapatista

Quote from: Hereiam on May 25, 2010, 11:44:35 PM
So lets say that they do allow the games to go ahead and some of the county men pick up serious injuries, what then; foxy would be on here bitchin that this shouldn't have happen that the beard should have stopped them from playing. Catch a grip of yourselfs the county board will do what it feels is right and the club championship will be played out as usual and life will go on.

What if a player got injured against Antrim??? It's a two way street.

rrhf

I must admit ive been impressed with the new chairman to date, but this will prove to be a major error on his part.  I notice some teams do not have to play, whereas the Dromores, Trillicks, Galballys, Donaghmore and Greencastle do.  A good point earlier was made, its a two way street.  If a club player gets injured in a county game or in county training its tough shit on the club.  And we all rally round to provide rounded support for the Garvaghy project and then this happens. Im as big a county supporter as the next man,  but I find these behind door negotiations as unacceptable particularly when the 13 day rule which is designed to protect clubs, players and county is discarded.  The club players could strike. A bad day for Tyrone football.   

on the sideline

Can anyone post the list of games that are still on
& a list of the games that are off?

Club Rossa

No regard for the clubs in this whole saga.I think it's an absolute disgrace the way the clubs are being fcuked about,our players deserve to be shown a bit of respect.

rrhf

Trillick V Dromore this weekend, Donaghmore V Kildress, Galbally V Greencastle, 2 of the 3 losers from these games will most likely be relegated, and will lose players to the states, plans will be made next week.

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on May 26, 2010, 09:02:34 AM
I must admit ive been impressed with the new chairman to date, but this will prove to be a major error on his part.  I notice Errigal Ciaran do not have to play, whereas the Dromores, Trillicks, Galballys, Donaghmore and Greencastle do.  A good point earlier was made, its a two way street.  If a club player gets injured in a county game or in county training its tough shit on the club.  And yet they wish for rounded support for the Garvaghy project from the clubs and their personnel.  Im as big a county supporter as the next man,  but I find these behind door negotiations as unacceptable particularly when the 13 day rule which is designed to protect clubs, players and county is discarded.  The club players should strike. A bad day for Tyrone football.

What are you trying to suggest RRHF?

Maybe you should mention all the other teams that do not have to play also just to balance out your statement?

fairshoulder

I think that there is no disadvantage for the clubs that will be playng this weekend. Their preparations have been ongoing for some time now and should be ready.

However, it is most unfair for those clubs who will have to alter their plans for the following weekend. It also may allow some suspended players time to serve out their suspensions in time for their first round match, which I  understand have been fixed for 7.30pm on 1 November in the field beside Micky Hartes' house for his convenience.

kicking king

Its clear to the majority on here that this is a ridiculous situation (hereiam being the exception although he seems likely to have never played club football or have an affiliation to any club)  Harte has agreed that the other games will go ahead the week after the semi-final but it will be interesting to see what happens when we reach that stage.  I'm sure a lot of players are angry and disheartened by the way this has been done

longrunsthefox

There may be trouble ahead,
But while there's moonlight and music and love and romance,
Let's face the music and dance... 

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: fairshoulder on May 26, 2010, 09:57:01 AM
I think that there is no disadvantage for the clubs that will be playng this weekend. Their preparations have been ongoing for some time now and should be ready.

However, it is most unfair for those clubs who will have to alter their plans for the following weekend. It also may allow some suspended players time to serve out their suspensions in time for their first round match, which I  understand have been fixed for 7.30pm on 1 November in the field beside Micky Hartes' house for his convenience.
;D :D seems to have hit the nail on the head

MR99

Quote from: kicking king on May 26, 2010, 10:30:26 AM
Its clear to the majority on here that this is a ridiculous situation (hereiam being the exception although he seems likely to have never played club football or have an affiliation to any club)  Harte has agreed that the other games will go ahead the week after the semi-final but it will be interesting to see what happens when we reach that stage.  I'm sure a lot of players are angry and disheartened by the way this has been done

Its an absolute disgrace the way the club players are being treated and downright shameful.  If Conor Gormley, Tommy McGuigan, Sean Cavanagh, Davey Harte, Justin McMahon etc... happen to get injured playing for Tyrone in the Ulster semi, Id say their respective clubs will be enraged.  All first round games should be played this next 2 weekends and the quarters in the week after the Ulster semi, at least then if any young fella wants to go to America/ Australia then they will have that opportunity.  Its no wonder that there are so many good young players losing interest in the game when their clubs are treated like this. 

All the clubs affected should get their county men to club together and approach the messiah and let him know that it is not on and that the games go ahead next week.  Now some teams will have accesss to their county players for only 5 days before their championship game, preuming (and ita a big presume) that Micky lets the semi's go ahead then!

the goal was on

Can clubs not get croke park involved in this. The 13 day rule is there for a reason and croker have made it clear county managers cannot influence club fixtures. As it stands there is no explanation given as to why some of these games are off.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: the goal was on on May 26, 2010, 11:56:36 AM
Can clubs not get croke park involved in this. The 13 day rule is there for a reason and croker have made it clear county managers cannot influence club fixtures. As it stands there is no explanation given as to why some of these games are off.

this is definitely something clubs who are unhappy should be considering. although someone somewhere would need to confirm the postponements as actual fact before gettin ahead of themselves