Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: square_ball on September 09, 2017, 07:05:45 PM
The champions gone at the first hurdle.

I'm really glad for Mark "Money" Harte and his mate. Surprised they haven't been roaded yet from Ballinderry after their Horrible tactics and Horror show V Slaughtneil

In hiding

Quote from: skeog on September 09, 2017, 07:15:11 PM
St Marys looked like a team who had been hoodwinked that they only had to turn up,has Dom ever won two years in a row anywhere.
Lol he must be crap. Imagine not being able to win two county titles in a row

Bondanglar1

Get up them stairs.... Up the plunketts  ;D

SuperHo

Fair play Pomeroy. Better team on the night.  Great for the club.  We were never close to winning. Take the rough with the smooth and al the rest. Beer o'clock!

WT4E

Some result for pomeroy.

Was at the games earlier - cookstown and moortown was poor enough fayre. Ref was a very poor. Unbelievable stuff from Moortown man up and 3 points down  and still played 6 back with 1 cookstown forward up.

Cookstown fought well for the win and deserved it but the celebration photo at the end might have been a bit OTT. It's only the 1st round!

lenny

Quote from: randomusername on September 09, 2017, 12:37:36 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on September 09, 2017, 09:55:45 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 09, 2017, 07:50:31 AM
Lee Brennan got 8 points last night.

Drop him, sure didn't he score 3:14 or something like that the last time they played😜

Most of them were frees yesterday. He was good enough but I'd still have Mark Bradley over him. Ronan McHugh was the most impressive player across both of last night's games in Omagh.

Personally I think Harte should go but there's no easy solution to Tyrone's current problems. I'd say the best forward in the county is probably in Austalia at the moment (Conor McKenna). Maybe Darragh Canavan will be brilliant at senior level.

Heard harte sees canavan as a potential corner back in a few years time.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2017, 11:29:13 PM
big score in a championship game. who done all the scoring for trillick?

Your constant erection for Lee Brennan is now beginning to worry me.

RedHand88

I have it on good word he regularly gets roasted at training.

clarshack

Intermediate champions beating senior champions, correct me if wrong but it last happened before in 2009 when trillick beat clonoe in first round?

Redhand Santa

Saw pomeroy a few times last year and thought they looked very impressive at intermediate level and had really pushed on. Lot of good players including the 3 county men loughrans b burns etc. But this was still a huge shock especially after there league results this year. They have another very tough test the next day out against a team we'll warned about a shock after last night.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on September 09, 2017, 07:22:51 PM

I'm really glad for Mark "Money" Harte and his mate. Surprised they haven't been roaded yet from Ballinderry after their Horrible tactics and Horror show V Slaughtneil

I'm sure well over half the managers in Tyrone football are getting money including ones that have been involved in your own club. Why single out mark harte in relation to this? He's in the earlier stages of his managerial career and has a very good record.

Club boi

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 10, 2017, 07:57:34 AM

I'm sure well over half the managers in Tyrone football are getting money including ones that have been involved in your own club. Why single out mark harte in relation to this? He's in the earlier stages of his managerial career and has a very good record.

Leaving a team building towards An All Ireland Competition for most likely more coin, only to be destroyed with horrible tactics and set up, to then see your old team beat the Current County Champions. I hope they are regretting it. Jumping Club to Club won't do them any long term favours

twenty one yard free

A great win for Pomeroy in Dunmoyle yesterday evening and deservedly so , in fact they should have have won by a lot more. Killyclogher looked out of sorts and seemed to have lost their appetite

Frank Burns was the best player on the pitch

Tyroneforsam

This win was coming for the plunketts, very unlucky in a few league games, competed with everybody bar Clonoe! I definitely think killyclogher underestimated us.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on September 10, 2017, 10:05:30 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 10, 2017, 07:57:34 AM

Leaving a team building towards An All Ireland Competition for most likely more coin, only to be destroyed with horrible tactics and set up, to then see your old team beat the Current County Champions. I hope they are regretting it. Jumping Club to Club won't do them any long term favours

There is managers around the county who have taken jobs for money and did nothing with the club and left after a year. There is no doubt mark harte left pomeroy in a better position than he got them. I'm not sure he should get more abuse for being successful than managers who took money and left teams relegated. Pomeroy played nice football last year, can't speak for ballinderry as haven't saw them play.