Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 31, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
Massive Win for Sligo GAA, Sligo 0-16 Mayo 0-12, after seeing how Mayo destroyed Roscommon they seriously impressed me, Mayo went 7-1 up in the 1st half but our lads fought back to leave it 8-7 at HT. Congrats to all involved, now we need to show consistency. Grouping is wide open 4 horse race.
Mayo must have believed their own hype from the Roscommon game

Cunny Funt

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 31, 2019, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 31, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
Massive Win for Sligo GAA, Sligo 0-16 Mayo 0-12, after seeing how Mayo destroyed Roscommon they seriously impressed me, Mayo went 7-1 up in the 1st half but our lads fought back to leave it 8-7 at HT. Congrats to all involved, now we need to show consistency. Grouping is wide open 4 horse race.
Mayo must have believed their own hype from the Roscommon game
At this age group lack of consistency will always be a problem. Great win for Sligo though who have brought their good pre season form into this championship and were also somewhat unlucky to lose to Galway.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

galwayman

I assume if two teams are level on points the head to head result between the sides determines who progresses whereas it's scoring difference if more than 2 teams are level?
Personally I think we have to beat Mayo next time out to progress as I would fancy Sligo to beat Ros which would mean Ros would get third spot on head to head.

Rossfan

This one will go down to the wire with 3 places up for grabs from 4 good teams .
Not much consistency or form lines at this age group.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Irwin missing for Mayo last night , the difference im afraid .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

magpie seanie

Big win for us and badly needed. We're back in it now after the bitter disappointment of last week. No point getting too excited as we have two more games to win. Onwards and upwards.

Rossfan

14/6 Leitrim v Sligo and Rhus v Galway
21/6 Sligo v Ros and Galway v Leitrim.

4 teams could all end on 4 points yet!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 01, 2019, 10:12:45 AM
14/6 Leitrim v Sligo and Rhus v Galway
21/6 Sligo v Ros and Galway v Leitrim.

4 teams could all end on 4 points yet!

Seriously, could you not for once call us Mayo...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

No Farr, not till ye're GAA County Board covers Co. Mayo only ;)

Maroon Manc

The u20's pre season cup competitions have been up and running for the last few weeks. Galway who are favourites for Connacht got of to a comfortable win over Kildare on Saturday. Whats going on with Roscommon, they should have a decent side this year with 17's getting to an AI final in 2017 and that years minor team running Galway fairly close. They've been hammered in a couple of games one of which was against Mayo.

Galway 5/6
Mayo 2/1
Roscommon 11/2
Sligo 9/1
Leitrim 40/1

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on June 01, 2019, 11:39:39 AM
No Farr, not till ye're GAA County Board covers Co. Mayo only ;)

Can't believe I'm actually arguing this ,I'm at this since I was 12  yrs old in nathys.

But anyway , when the GAA was set up in Ballagh , what county was Ballagh in at the time . 1885 and it was in county Mayo. 

(According to the story all that existed in what is now Ballaghaderreen town was a trackway through an oak wood. This was mainly used by the people from Kilmovee to transport their goods to Sligo to be traded. One day after a storm the traders found their route through the wood blocked by a fallen tree. They had to unload all their goods from their carts and carry them to the other side of the tree, they then had to reload their carts when they were on the other side. This went on for some time attracting the attention of the local people who began trading at the spot of the falling tree with the Kilmovee men. From then on it became a trading centre, resulting in the landlord near the area at the time to see the trading potential and offered six acres of land to anyone who would build there.) Ballagh will always be Mayo .

It's just a complete farce to think it should ever change to Roscommon . Only compromise I'd ever give the blowins from Sheepwalk,ballinameen, Fairmount etc is give a player choice of county when under 16 and they cannot change .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 03, 2019, 06:06:52 PM
The u20's pre season cup competitions have been up and running for the last few weeks. Galway who are favourites for Connacht got of to a comfortable win over Kildare on Saturday. Whats going on with Roscommon, they should have a decent side this year with 17's getting to an AI final in 2017 and that years minor team running Galway fairly close. They've been hammered in a couple of games one of which was against Mayo.

Galway 5/6
Mayo 2/1
Roscommon 11/2
Sligo 9/1
Leitrim 40/1

Probably hampered under the management of Shane Cake Curran.  Meanwhile i can imagine John Divilly is a big addition to Galway's u20 management team