America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2016, 01:25:47 PM
Seanie makes the best point of the lot. The NRA would want this lunatic to have access to semi-automatic weapons. Thankfully he wasn't carrying one yesterday.

Those bastards in the NRA have described Trumps election as a great opportunity for them to go on the offense. I don't know how they could be more "offensive" but I guess we're going to find out.

whitey

Quote from: dec on November 29, 2016, 03:21:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 28, 2016, 10:20:13 PM
I'm curious to know who was paying his tuition.

When that same question was asked of UMASS  in relation to the Marathon bomber, they sealed the records. Taxpayers have a right to know

Do you have any evidence of this?

It was all over the paper and news at the time....I will see if I can find a link.

(Also, elder statesman of the Democratic Party, Mike Dukakis, testified as a character witness for a friend of the bomber who lied to the FBI)

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/herald_bulldog/2013/05/feds_block_umass_from_releasing_alleged_bombers
I stand corrected......Feds sealed with the records not UMASS.....

J70

Quote from: stew on November 29, 2016, 09:00:42 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 29, 2016, 01:29:10 AM
Quote from: stew on November 29, 2016, 01:23:31 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 28, 2016, 08:06:12 PM
A legal resident 18 year old Somali native is the shooter . More fodder for trump and supporters .
So let me get this straight, an 18 year old radical Islamic terrorist attacks American citizens and it is Trumps fault? With all due disrespect, go f**k yourself you absolute clampett!
you are a clown of the highest order where did I say it's trumps fault ?
I said its fodder for him and his supporters is that true or false ?

Why mention Trump at all, in your zeal to demonise Trump you did not even have the decency to sympathize with the 11 victims, not you, straight to Trump for you mate!

I seriously doubt Trump and his supporters want attacks by Muslims on American soil.

This attack had nothing to do whatsoever with Trump and his support so why bring him into the equation I wonder?

Since Trump would rather American citizens not be attacked by radical scum with a car and a knife the answer to your inane question is no, it is not fodder for them since they would rather events like this not happen, they have a mandate from the people to govern, fodder is the last thing they need son.

Cheerio. ::)

Stew, in fairness to Gmac, I think he's on YOUR side, politically, at least judging by his posts over the past few months.

And his point is valid. See for example, Trumps ridiculous tweets on the San Bernadino and Orlando terrorist massacres.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 04:10:07 PM

When that same question was asked of UMASS  in relation to the Marathon bomber, they sealed the records. Taxpayers have a right to know

It was all over the paper and news at the time....I will see if I can find a link.

(Also, elder statesman of the Democratic Party, Mike Dukakis, testified as a character witness for a friend of the bomber who lied to the FBI)

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/herald_bulldog/2013/05/feds_block_umass_from_releasing_alleged_bombers

Let's say this dude and the marathon bombers WERE getting free tuition or whatever... what exactly is the significance of that and what are the implications?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 04:10:07 PM

Let's say this dude and the marathon bombers WERE getting free tuition or whatever... what exactly is the significance of that and what are the implications?

I honestly don't know, but I'd ask the people who are humping it 60 hours a week whose premiums have doubled and their coverage halved.  You know, the kind of law abiding taxpayer who is really struggling to put their kids through college.  The kind of people who are swing voters in swing states

heganboy

I don't think they *know* either. But they sure as shit have an opinion. And those votes count.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on November 29, 2016, 05:54:13 PM
I don't think they *know* either. But they sure as shit have an opinion. And those votes count.

Exactly....and J70s snide, condescending, rhetorical question is exactly the elitist attitude that cost Hillary the election

dec

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 05:37:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 04:54:43 PM

I honestly don't know,...

So then why did you say "I'm curious to know who was paying his tuition."

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 05:57:00 PM

Exactly....and J70s snide, condescending, rhetorical question is exactly the elitist attitude that cost Hillary the election

How the f**k was that question snide or condescending or elitist? It's a perfectly valid question.

This is where you discredit yourself, with these vague, nebulous, invalid charges of elitism which don't stand up to scrutiny.

Put it this way, what steps do you advocate to prevent someone who has given no indications of being anything out of the ordinary, but who in future, might be radicalized, from availing of the same entitlements as anyone else?

And where do you draw the line? Is it only Muslims? What about the Asian kid who killed 30 odd people in Virginia Tech ten years ago? Should all Asian loners who have trouble getting girls be put in the suspect, deny-them-entitlements, just in case we later piss off the Trump supporters, category?

Can we use this logic as an argument for gun control? I mean, some white dude might go postal?

It's easy to point and shout after the fact, but short of treating groups, en masse, as criminally or terroristically inclined, there is no legal or moral basis for denying someone their due benefits and rights without cause.

J70

So we should ignore laws and rights and due process?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 07:30:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 05:57:00 PM

How the f**k was that question snide or condescending or elitist? It's a perfectly valid question.

This is where you discredit yourself, with these vague, nebulous, invalid charges of elitism which don't stand up to scrutiny.

Put it this way, what steps do you advocate to prevent someone who has given no indications of being anything out of the ordinary, but who in future, might be radicalized, from availing of the same entitlements as anyone else?

And where do you draw the line? Is it only Muslims? What about the Asian kid who killed 30 odd people in Virginia Tech ten years ago? Should all Asian loners who have trouble getting girls be put in the suspect, deny-them-entitlements, just in case we later piss off the Trump supporters, category?

Can we use this logic as an argument for gun control? I mean, some white dude might go postal?

It's easy to point and shout after the fact, but short of treating groups, en masse, as criminally or terroristically inclined, there is no legal or moral basis for denying someone their due benefits and rights without cause.

Lol....you don't even realize you're doing it.....that's the funny part.

When people asked the question in MA, in reference to the Marathon bomber, they were essentially told to shut the fvck up and sit the fvck down and mind their own fvckin business.  Well as a taxpayer it is my business, and my inquiry (re the Marathon bomber) had nothing to do with his religion.....it had to do with how someone who wasn't attending class, not submitting assignments and receiving failing grades was allowed to re-enrol all the while qualify for financial aid.   I'm not an islamophobe or a fascist for wanting to know

As it pertains to the Somali, I want to know how someone who has been in the country as a refugee for about 2 years somehow qualifies for financial aid (assuming he got it) when people who've been paying taxes their whole lives get fvck all. I'd be asking the question, regardless of his religion and regardless of where he came from. But straight out of the Democratic Party playbook you have to assume my motivations are fascist or islamophobic

J70

I didn't assume anything. I asked a fair question. You came back with "I don't know" and bullshit complaints about elitism.

NOW you're adding points and specifics to it that you hadn't before. They may be legitimate questions regarding attendance and continuance of aid, but you're only asking them NOW, so spare me the elitism bollocks and whining. You're the only one making assumptions here. I argued my points logically. If you have a problem with what I wrote, then address it. You don't get change what we were discussing after the fact and then declare me an elitist.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 08:44:08 PM
I didn't assume anything. I asked a fair question. You came back with "I don't know" and bullshit complaints about elitism.

NOW you're adding points and specifics to it that you hadn't before. They may be legitimate questions regarding attendance and continuance of aid, but you're only asking them NOW, so spare me the elitism bollocks and whining. You're the only one making assumptions here. I argued my points logically. If you have a problem with what I wrote, then address it. You don't get change what we were discussing after the fact and then declare me an elitist.

Lol....your default position was that I was an Islamophobe, for having the audacity to asking that question. If your still wondering why working class voters have been fleeing the Democrats in droves....re read your post.  As the Irish American guy down the Eire Pub said....people are sick to death of being talked down to.  The scariest part is that you don't even realize you're doing it.....it's second nature for a Democrat

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 09:01:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 08:44:08 PM

Lol....your default position was that I was an Islamophobe, for having the audacity to asking that question. If your still wondering why working class voters have been fleeing the Democrats in droves....re read your post.  As the Irish American guy down the Eire Pub said....people are sick to death of being talked down to.  The scariest part is that you don't even realize you're doing it.....it's second nature for a Democrat

Go ahead and show me, point by point, how and where I made ANY assumptions about you or talked down to you in that post where I asked the question about the significance and implications of whether the Boston bombers or the Somali guy had received free tuition.

Go ahead whitey. It's apparently so clear to you. I'll wait...