Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: theticklemister on November 30, 2012, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: glens abu on November 30, 2012, 11:42:57 AM
Quote from: naka on November 30, 2012, 10:58:05 AM
not a shinner but have to agree that Price and corey have been removed from the streets  which should be construed as internment by the back door.
we shouldnt lambast other regimes and allow this to happen in a supposedly mature democracy

100% right naka,I have no love for Marion Price and she has a deep hatred of Sinn Fein but we must always stand up and speak out against what is wrong,and this very ill woman is being interned and should be released immediately .

You say you have no love for Marion Price as she has a deep hatred of Sinn Fein. I guarantee ye, ye listen to and sing the song 'Bring Them Home.' Marion has never bent a knee through all these years, I wonder if she was caught with an arm would you still support her status as a POW. I doubt it..

Sorry I didn't say I had no love for her because she has a deep hatred for SF,yes I supported her and her sister when they were on hunger strike in the 70's and I still support her rights now,also i never said she bent a knee so what are you raving about.You don't me to doubt anything as I guarantee I have stood in more protests in support of Marion Price than you could very dream off.

Rossfan

Why aren't these " internments" being challenged in the Courts?
Can they not go straight to the Human Rights Court?
Hope they aren't  still stuck in "Putiry corner" refusing to recognise the Court ?
Does that "Habeus Corpus" thing still not apply in the 6 Cos??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

charlieTully

Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2012, 02:54:18 PM
Hope they aren't  still stuck in "Putiry corner" refusing to recognise the Court ?

martin corey was freed on licence in 1992 but was recalled to prison in April 2010 on the basis of closed material. there was a ruing that his human rights had been breached by keeping him in jail but secretary of state villiers is challenging this and he remains in prison, all based on securocrat "closed material".

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2012, 02:54:18 PM
Exactly if it is illegal then those royal courts of justice, supported by SF would free them.

Nally Stand

Another cop out  ::) Are you a mouthpiece for everything that British Secs of States do or is it just internment that you support?

Please stop yellowing out apples. Just explain your reasoning for your belief that Marian Price is not being interned. If it went to court and you were the judge, how would you dismuss the case that she is being interned? Back up your view with a reason and stop copping out.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

I'm not copping out. It is quite simple if she is being detained illegally let the courts decide, that's what we are meant to do in a democracy. SF though are continuing to pander to the dissidents and as a result they are turning voters off. You can't be half in or out of Government.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 09:45:15 AM
I'm not copping out. It is quite simple if she is being detained illegally let the courts decide, that's what we are meant to do in a democracy. SF though are continuing to pander to the dissidents and as a result they are turning voters off. You can't be half in or out of Government.

You are copping out. You have been repeatedly asked to explain your reasoning and you keep waffling about letting courts decide. Forget about courts for a second. You offered your own PERSONAL opinion that Marion Price is not being interned. I am simply asking you to explain why YOU believe this to be the case. I'm not asking you what Marion Price thinks or what she should do about it. So, putting it as simply as possible, in an effort to get you to finally answer the question:

WHY do YOU think her situation cannot be termed as internment?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

glens abu

ffs Sinn Fein are not pandering to any dissidents,MMG has been very strong along with many others in condemning every thing they do and telling them to do one,but that doesn't mean you stand by when there is an injustice being committed by interning people.That has been the problem in the past people who have buried their heads in the sand to cosy up to the Brits. 

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 09:55:46 AM

You are copping out. You have been repeatedly asked to explain your reasoning and you keep waffling about letting courts decide. Forget about courts for a second. You offered your own PERSONAL opinion that Marion Price is not being interned. I am simply asking you to explain why YOU believe this to be the case. I'm not asking you what Marion Price thinks or what she should do about it. So, putting it as simply as possible, in an effort to get you to finally answer the question:

On the day of judgement, when the souls of the just are summoned to appear before the gates if Heaven, just as God is opening his mouth to proclaim their eternal salvation*, a wee Tyrone fella will interrupt him: "never mind that for a minute ... Applesisapples - when are you going to answer my question?"

(*Disclaimer: there is no evidence that such an event is likely ever to take place or that, if it does, Nally Stand, Applesisapples or myself are likely to be present.)

Applesisapples

And it is your opinion that she is interned, test it in the courts, you can't get away from this in a civilised society. I don't understand why you are so upset with my opinion, as I said take it to court.

Applesisapples

Quote from: glens abu on December 03, 2012, 10:09:48 AM

ffs Sinn Fein are not pandering to any dissidents,MMG has been very strong along with many others in condemning every thing they do and telling them to do one,but that doesn't mean you stand by when there is an injustice being committed by interning people.That has been the problem in the past people who have buried their heads in the sand to cosy up to the Brits.
See my reply to Nally.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 12:01:22 PM

And it is your opinion that she is interned, test it in the courts, you can't get away from this in a civilised society. I don't understand why you are so upset with my opinion, as I said take it to court.

Your avoidance of the question is fantastical at this stage!!

I think she is interned. My reason for my opinion is that she is held in prison without crime or trial and has never had an early release licence which could have been breached. I am asking you to provide YOUR reason for thinking she is not being interned.

Stop copping out with nonsense about court cases. In your little court case, imagine you were the judge, you would obviously say she is not being interned...what would your reasons be? You said she is not being interned, I just want to know why you believe so. It's really not a complicated question.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 12:13:23 PM

I think she is interned. My reason for my opinion is that she is held in prison without crime or trial and has never had an early release licence which could have been breached. I am asking you to provide YOUR reason for thinking she is not being interned.

Stop copping out with nonsense about court cases. In your little court case, imagine you were the judge, you would obviously say she is not being interned...what would your reasons be? You said she is not being interned, I just want to know why you believe so. It's really not a complicated question.
Nally this is getting tiresome. I haver stated repeatedly that we live in a democratic society and there is no internmnet statute on the books. Therefore if Ms Price feels she is being illegally held the place to go is court, the self same courts that you and your SF colleagues are pledged to uphold along with the rule of law...simple really.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 01:20:31 PM

Nally this is getting tiresome. I haver stated repeatedly that we live in a democratic society and there is no internmnet statute on the books. Therefore if Ms Price feels she is being illegally held the place to go is court, the self same courts that you and your SF colleagues are pledged to uphold along with the rule of law...simple really.

You better believe it's getting tiresome. Never mind what is on the books or not...collusion was never on the books but it happened. There is also nothing on the books for royal pardons "going missing" either but that hasn't stopped her being thrown in jail without crime or trial, so what make her case any different from internment?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 01:45:58 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 01:20:31 PM

You better believe it's getting tiresome. Never mind what is on the books or not...collusion was never on the books but it happened. There is also nothing on the books for royal pardons "going missing" either but that hasn't stopped her being thrown in jail without crime or trial, so what make her case any different from internment?
So take it to court gurning on here won't get her out.